You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Draft Ideas

Bjornebye

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

So what's the start year

There isn’t one. You can only have a maximum of three players from Barca and three from Madrid, leaving you with five players to pick who haven’t played for those clubs.

If you pick someone who has played for both clubs then that would count as one pick for each club meaning you then need six players who haven’t played for those clubs.

31 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

If we’re counting someone as a Barca or Real player is that only if they’ve played in the league for them or just if they’ve signed for them?

I reckon they have to have played for them at least once in the league. Though obviously there's a slight difference between someone who was on their books, never played, then left than someone who has recently signed for them and will clearly play a league game. But overall I think the rule has to be they played a league game. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

If we’re counting someone as a Barca or Real player is that only if they’ve played in the league for them or just if they’ve signed for them?

Have to have made at least 1 full appearance for the full side  (Friendlies don't count)

Pretty obvious to be honest 

No start year. 

7 hours ago, DimReaper said:

I'm kind of in this boat too - well, more that I'm not sure how many I know but I suspect it'll be slim pickings. I doubt I could name more than 20 current La Liga players who haven't played for Barca or Madrid off the top of my head.

I haven’t watched a La Liga game this decade.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Stig

Dynamite

Rapey

Lee

Alex K

3 Stacks

Elite

DimReaper

viRdjil

I'll do it Rapey. I don't trust you with the randomizer. 

I'll kick it off from midday tomorrow so anyone else who fancies it get in before then? 

@LF:D @lifetime fan @John102 @TheHowieLama @MegadriveMan @Red House @No2  @Ne Moe Imya ????

I'm on nights. Normally wake up around 16:00ish, so if you kick of at midday and my pick rolls round, then you know the reason for my delayed pick.

25 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I haven’t watched a La Liga game this decade.

Well here's the thing - I did a list out of players who have played in La Liga but not for Barca or Madrid and actually most of them I haven't seen play in La Liga ever - but I've seen them all play and most of them quite a lot of times... Some of them loads of times. So, having watched a game in La Liga this decade actually isn't as big a deal as you'd imagine.

Guest Alex_K

On the topic of "best player not chose" in the last game .. there's probably a very solid arguement for Iago Aspas of all people. Highest scoring Spaniard in La Liga, three years in a row? 20 goals in 27 league games this year? The Spanish-James Beattie of sorts, perhaps.

9 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

On the topic of "best player not chose" in the last game .. there's probably a very solid arguement for Iago Aspas of all people. Highest scoring Spaniard in La Liga, three years in a row? 20 goals in 27 league games this year? The Spanish-James Beattie of sorts, perhaps.

He was going to be my first pick, you bastard.

2 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Could I suggest something like this when making picks:

1. Jasper Cillessen (Barcelona 1)

2. Jonathan Woodgate (Madrid 1)

3. Gerry Armstrong (Other 1)

4. Javier Saviola (Barcelona 2, Madrid 2)

5. Jermaine Pennant (Other 2)

Etc?

Yes but you should be negged for suggesting potential picks 

4 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I've slightly misunderstood this... I didn't think it was three players maximum per club and every team counts towards the total - I just thought it was three players maximum for Barcelona and Madrid. That makes it much, much tougher.

It doesn't really? You could potentially only need 4 sides to fill an 11 and loads of other teams have had boss squads