You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

State of this fucking bellend. Whatever happens you can be sure that the rest of the country are going to use Klopp's behaviour as an alternative stick to beat us with to the usual Hillsborough one. Cunts. 

https://www.football365.com/news/smoking-gun-confirming-klopp-full-of-sht-to-be-made-public-length-ban-awaits-liverpool

Footy 'coverage' is only designed to make people irate and comment/share 'content' these days. There's no real value to it at all. One of the reasons I can't be arsed with facebook any more is because the timeline is just jammed with this stuff, 'sports' websites trying to get clicks and shares by posting inflammatory stuff. This is partly what's accounted for the increased bile in games I suspect.

You only have to look at Sky sports, which have replaced pundits with a punch and judy act. 

• Upvote 3

Jurgen Klopp regrets headlines over comments about referee Paul Tierney

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says he regrets the headlines created by his comments about referee Paul Tierney after Sunday's 4-3 win over Tottenham.

Klopp said Tierney appears to have something "against" his team after he was shown a yellow card for celebrating in front of the fourth official.

Referees' body the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) refuted Klopp's claims.

"The whole situation should not have happened at all," said Klopp.

"It was out of emotion and anger in that moment. That's why I celebrated the way I did.

"We won a game 4-3 in a spectacular manner and the only headlines I created and I really regret that. It's not necessary and not how it should be."

Klopp was furious with Spurs being awarded a free-kick which led to their equaliser and ran to scream at the fourth official after the winner, hurting his leg in the process.

He was shown a yellow card by the referee after his celebration and, speaking about when he was booked, Klopp claimed what Tierney said to him was "not OK".

The PGMOL, the body responsible for Premier League referees, said Tierney "acted in a professional manner" throughout the game and when cautioning Klopp, adding that match officials in the Premier League are recorded in all games via a communications system.

Klopp says he regrets some of the things he said about the official in his post-match interviews but denies he lied about their conversation.

"I tried to calm down but it didn't work out properly, go into all the interviews and then I said what I said," he added.

"I know he [Tierney] is not doing it intentionally but we have a history, you cannot deny that.

"I'm not a resentful person, not at all, but these kind things that have happened in the past in decisive games. They didn't happen intentionally but they are still there.

"The referees are really angry about what I said. I shouldn't have said a couple of things but lying was not involved."

Klopp was given a one-match ban after he was sent off against Manchester City in October for berating the referee's assistant after the Football Association (FA) appealed against the original punishment.

He was also fined £30,000 and warned about his future conduct.

The history between Klopp and Tierney

In 2020 Tierney reportedly told Klopp to "get over it" after the referee admitted he had missed a foul on Georginio Wijnaldum in a game against Aston Villa.

Tierney was also in charge of a Liverpool game at Tottenham in December 2021 when Spurs striker Harry Kane escaped a red card before Liverpool left-back Andrew Robertson was dismissed.

The match ended in a 2-2 draw which resulted in the Reds losing ground to Manchester City in their Premier League title fight.

Tierney was also the referee when Everton were denied a late penalty in a 1-0 defeat by Manchester City in February 2022.

City midfielder Rodri appeared to control the ball with his arm and, while Tierney and video assistant referee Chris Kavanagh did not deem it worthy of a spot-kick, former PGMOL head Mike Riley later apologised to the Toffees for the decision.

Liverpool went on to miss out on the Premier League title by one point to City that season.

In January this year after a loss to Brentford, Klopp said he had approached the officials - including Tierney - to discuss decisions made during the game.

"That's exactly the same as I would talk to my microwave, you get no response, really, it's always the same," he told beIN Sports.

Earlier this month, Tierney booked Liverpool's Robertson after an incident involving assistant referee Constantine Hatzidakis.

Apparently Tierney told Klopp he’d have red carded him but the fourth official said it was a yellow. Given Tierney wouldn’t have sen it, it’s clear that he’s saying to Klopp that he’d treat him differently to level of punishment it should be. Basically showing his bias. Presumably that’s why they’ve pulled him this weekend.

The Premier league clubs need to get a grip on these refs they are there to officiate games and do it to an acceptable standard not fucking lord it up like they own it. The standard of refereeing has become so bad they should all be fucked off and a new ref association started.

• Upvote 4

The biggest, richest, league in the world and it, along with the EFL and FA, hires the PGMOL and its members to run its “product”. 
Like giving a Rolls Royce over to a bunch of meerkats and expecting them to service it.

In any other business the incompetence of the match officials in this country would be hounded out.

Just now, rubble-rouser said:

Experience shows that the media will have a field day with any Liverpool manager who exhibits a persecution complex, and it won’t end well. 

Especially when the owners have zero intention of supporting their manager in such circumstances. 

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Especially when the owners have zero intention of supporting their manager in such circumstances. 

Yeah, look how often Sheikh Mansour has come out and complained about officials when City don’t get a decision.

And Todd Boehly at Chelsea.

And the Glazers at the mancs.

And Daniel Levy at Spurs. 

And Tony Bloom at Brighton.

And Brady at West Ham. 

Etc etc etc. 

….Hang on. They haven’t have they? Because that’s not what owners do. 

48 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, look how often Sheikh Mansour has come out and complained about officials when City don’t get a decision.

And Todd Boehly at Chelsea.

And the Glazers at the mancs.

And Daniel Levy at Spurs. 

And Tony Bloom at Brighton.

And Brady at West Ham. 

Etc etc etc. 

….Hang on. They haven’t have they? Because that’s not what owners do. 

What the fuck are you talking about? 

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

What the fuck are you talking about? 

IMG_8990.jpeg

Unless I’ve missed something, the owners should be stepping in because the press and PMGOL are going in at Klopp?

Undoubtably Tierney (and officials in general) poor, however Klopp can’t behave like this. His emotion, however much a positive, can also be a downfall.

This has nothing to do with the owners. It’s flabbergasting they are even mentioned.

55 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

This may sound like a stupid question but not being bald I have no idea.

Why does it look like he is wearing a white skull cap - wouldn't your baldy head be the same color as your face?

What happens there?

image.png.3302f551f3b6ae13d8f5d7ad040942c1.png

He probably lets it grow out a few mm every week and does not have it totaly shaved at all time. I know because im also a bald cunt like he is. 

This boggle eyed toad again:

The Crooks of the Matter

I'm not a fan of managers criticising other managers. I have always felt that it is the role of the boss to set the tone before a match, the behaviour of all concerned during the match, and bring closure to the fixture with a handshake at the end of the match.

We know emotions can run high during any fixture but not to the extent where managers are squaring up to each other like errant schoolboys, one manager telling the other what he should or not be doing or saying.

That's why I took exception to Jurgen Klopp's rebuke of Ryan Mason when the Tottenham caretaker manager made the point in his post-match interview that Jota's "reckless" attempt to win the ball with his foot when the ball was head high was, in his opinion, a sending-off offence.

Jota was lucky to remain on the pitch regardless of the player's intentions but for Klopp to suggest Mason has "other things to worry about" was not just stating the obvious but about as ungracious as it gets.

For a man of Klopp's stature to publicly admonish a rookie coach who has been brought in as caretaker on his club's request, to take charge of their team selection away at Liverpool, done what can only be described as a sterling job under extraordinary circumstances and then isn't allowed to give his opinion on a decision that turned the match is really a poor show by the Liverpool manager.

Mason should never have been put in that position in the first place by his employers but having done so he deserved a better reception from a distinguished manager like Klopp, as a young coach still finding his way in the game. Poor show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Funkasy said:

He probably lets it grow out a few mm every week and does not have it totaly shaved at all time. I know because im also a bald cunt like he is. 

Yea, but if I grow a beard for a few months it doesn't look like someone has powdered my face.

Could you make your head look like the rest of your face?

Klopp can't go around shouting at and getting into running feuds with refs and expect to get away with it. He knows that, which is why he regrets it when he's calmed down. And it's bizarre to suggest the owners should be getting involved.

That said, the refs and their assistants need to be held to higher standards themselves. They get away with far too many awful decisions (at worst missing a game as punishment), and that twat that elbowed Robertson deemed to have acted correctly?! There should be greater transparency (refs mic convos aired in real time, as in rugby, or after the game, publishing minutes of the decisions made by the refs panel when adjudicating on refs behaviour, greater scrutiny of the decision-making behind who gets appoionted to the refs panel, for example), and greater accountability for refs (interview after games, published reports after games - is this already a thing?, greater punishments when found to have done wrong). 

Considering the prestige and value of the PL 'product' it seems mental that we have a body of refs that, for the most part, are inadequate, and more concerned with protecting and promoting their own reputation than applying the rules to the best of their ability, and an overseeing panel that similarly sees protecting refs as the most important thing in the game.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Anubis said:

Apparently Tierney told Klopp he’d have red carded him but the fourth official said it was a yellow. Given Tierney wouldn’t have sen it, it’s clear that he’s saying to Klopp that he’d treat him differently to level of punishment it should be. Basically showing his bias. Presumably that’s why they’ve pulled him this weekend.

Thats typical indicator of a jumped up little twat . Look at me look at me I’m in charge. The cunts will ban Jurgen.