You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I reckon Klopp will walk, he looks spent. I reckon it goes beyond footy, some of the stuff he's said about British politics, the media and how the fans are treated give me John Coffey vibes at the end of The Green Mile, possibly also that he's fed up with the so called FFP farce. I reckon he's got his eye on a couple of years out of the game.

Can we please stop saying this after every loss.   He's not walking.  He's just pissed off.  I guarantee you he's looking forward to the summer and the reset button and creating his next great team just as much as we are.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I reckon Klopp will walk, he looks spent. I reckon it goes beyond footy, some of the stuff he's said about British politics, the media and how the fans are treated give me John Coffey vibes at the end of The Green Mile, possibly also that he's fed up with the so called FFP farce. I reckon he's got his eye on a couple of years out of the game.

I don’t get the impression he wants a couple of years out, that would take him to nearly 60 and he’s always said he doesn’t want to be an old manager. I think he’s thinking of retiring about aged 60-65 so taking a couple of years out then coming back for a couple doesn’t make much sense.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I will be gutted if he does but won't blame him in the slightest. Life goes well beyond this fucked up game that is full of cheats. At some point, for honest people like Klopp it is bound to feel like its just not worth the stress. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I will be gutted if he does but won't blame him in the slightest. Life goes well beyond this fucked up game that is full of cheats. At some point, for honest people like Klopp it is bound to feel like its just not worth the stress. 

If you don't get backed in the summer why would you put up with this season MKII? Its just not worth it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Can we please stop saying this after every loss.   He's not walking.  He's just pissed off.  I guarantee you he's looking forward to the summer and the reset button and creating his next great team just as much as we are.

Yeah, agree with that. He actually seems to have a good work/life balance in terms of actually taking proper breaks in the summer, so he'll come back revitalised. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Some people are so obsessed with the idea of him quitting. They've thought it would happen like half the years he's been at the club. Are these people serial quitters themselves in their own lives? 

I've never mentioned it before, but I've never seen any manager as downbeat as he seems lately.

Just now, Section_31 said:

I've never mentioned it before, but I've never seen any manager as downbeat as he seems lately.

So we're just reading body language then?

I could watch him on the sideline as he's screaming passionately at the players or when he's doing one of those grins he does when we concede or whatever, and give you a completely different subjective reading that he actually seems very much motivated.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

So we're just reading body language then?

I could watch him on the sideline as he's screaming passionately at the players or when he's doing one of those grins he does when we concede or whatever, and give you a completely different subjective reading that he actually seems very much motivated.

Well yeah body language and the way someone talks before and after matches is probably the best way for me to make my own personal assessment of his current mood, in the absence of getting to know him personally over the next two years, taking him for a pint, speaking to his wife and commissioning a fill scale psychiatric evaluation.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Well yeah body language and the way someone talks before and after matches is probably the best way for me to make my own personal assessment of his current mood, in the absence of getting to know him personally over the next two years, taking him for a pint, speaking to his wife and commissioning a fill scale psychiatric evaluation.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/12/jurgen-klopp-100-committed-to-rebuilding-liverpool-after-slump-in-form

Well yeah, we can play amateur psychologist, body language reader or we could actually listen to what he says, such as this only a month ago when we were in the middle of getting battered by Brighton and the like.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Needs to stop subbing Darwin, at least until we have Diaz back.

he said after the game last night he subbed him because we needed to stop them attacking down our left. i didn't really understand that myself as I thought most of their work was happening down the other side. he was the only real threat we had.  personally at the start of the 2nd half I would have put him through the middle and either taken jota off or stuck him on the left. we needed to try and do something different, we needed 3 goals. 

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, agree with that. He actually seems to have a good work/life balance in terms of actually taking proper breaks in the summer, so he'll come back revitalised. 

We've had this situation multiple times where people have read into this too much and he's repeatedly had to say he's fine and he has a good life outside of football. 

He won't quit while we're in a slump like this, he'll think it's his responsibility to stay and turn it around. 

57 minutes ago, dave u said:

Down by three goals and worrying about a non existent threat from their right back is the most Rafa move ever. Polar opposite of what I expect from Klopp.

I thought Nunez was awful, so I don’t think it was that big a deal last night.  

I didn’t realise until today that Jota hasn’t scored in 29 games for us. In hindsight, I’d have started Bobby or Elliott in his place. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought Nunez was our only threat. 

Opinions, eh! Thought he played well within himself. He’s always a threat to a degree but I didn’t even think his pressing was good last night. Of course, the others weren’t much better which didn’t help. 

58 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure about this - he scored a boatload last season and has been out for the majority of this one.

He hasn't scored since man city on 10th April last season. He's made 16 appearance this season and played the back end of last season from early march. His form.seems to have dipped from that small injury he got not long after carrying us through afcon. 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He hasn't scored since man city on 10th April last season. He's made 16 appearance this season and played the back end of last season from early march. His form.seems to have dipped from that small injury he got not long after carrying us through afcon. 

Must be right, just seems mad. Not played much football in that time tbh - big part of the problem.

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Must be right, just seems mad. Not played much football in that time tbh - big part of the problem.

Probably a lot of this year's 16 are short spells. And I think man city was maybe his first start this season after a couple of benchers and he was injured again. He's not looking much like scoring either which is maybe more worrying. ilIt's going to be hard to get his best form the way we're playing as a team.