You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A sugar-free lifestyle - is it possible?

Oh Buoy

1 hour ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Nah I switched to honey for a few months, then just fucked it right off.

spoon of honey did seem sweeter than the same amount of granulate sugar, but it got to be a pain in the arse looking for a jar of honey when going out for brekky.

these days though other than the first one Of the day, my brew is tea with oat milk which has a certain sweetness, but I’m pretty sure is in fact gruel.

most people reckon my tea is fucking horrible, as I stew the bastard in a big cup for at least 5 minutes, but give it a hefty glug of milk. Probably brings the sweetness up a bit

Its that first one of the day I can’t ever skip. Deglazes my gob first thing.

Aye, I brew mine for ages n’all. Already mostly binned off milk and usually have it black, but ditching sugar is proving beyond my abilities.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

I used to have sugar in tea and coffee but I just went cold turkey and got used to it after a week or so. 

Did that last time mate, but soon realised I was kidding myself I still liked it without and ended up stopping drinking tea for 18 months or whatever it was.

32 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Its that first one of the day I can’t ever skip. Deglazes my gob first thing.

Aye, I brew mine for ages n’all. Already mostly binned off milk and usually have it black, but ditching sugar is proving beyond my abilities.

Artificial sweeteners no good? I've never really taken sugar in my tea, but my missus used to have a couple of spoons per cup, and she found it quite easy to switch to a sweetener. Mind you, her tea's rank...

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Artificial sweeteners no good? I've never really taken sugar in my tea, but my missus used to have a couple of spoons per cup, and she found it quite easy to switch to a sweetener. Mind you, her tea's rank...

Tried the lot, including agave nectar and honey. 

A fiend is a fiend, I guess.