You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (a) 3/1/2019

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Good man. Just easily dismiss mistakes and pretend everything is cool. 

I'm not. I think Lovren was and is trash and you're gonna pay at some point with him in the team, but we had no choice. In the same way, TAA is only 20 and is bound to fuck up in the biggest moments. Objectively though, this is a game we didn't have to win and it was gonna be the toughest of the season. 

• Upvote 1

It's back to being a three team title race. Exciting but fuck me we could have done with not losing tonight.

Like is being said, top of League in January is something any of us would have taken back at the beginning of the season. We go again.

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Looking at the stats on BBC sport it showed we edged the possession and chances on goal. No consolation but shows how close it was. 

Oh and Pep is a cunt and Sky can fuck off as well the fawning wankers.

First time in Guardiola’s reign that they’ve had less possession in a league game.

5 minutes ago, aRdja said:

They have a relatively easy run of games coming up unfortunately. But the good news is on paper so do we. 

Yep and they have already lost to two of those said "easy" teams.

The encouraging thing for me and the reason I'm not more upset is we have shown a real mental steel this year that simply wasn't there before, with VVD and Alisson being probably the biggest factors in that. This is where their leadership is really going to come into play.

34 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Watch the game again, and try focus on Fabinho for the opening 10 or so minutes. The guys sat around me were screaming at him constantly as he kept giving the ball away.

Well if the guys sat around you were screaming at him constantly, he should be fucking sold immediately. 

• Upvote 2

Very deflated after that, was sure we could nick the win. And if not for Lovren we probably would have. At least some of the problems in the team have been highlighted again. Don't play a midfield of Gini, Milner and Hendo again. It's crap. Mix it up, we have Keita, Fabinho and Shaq, put them in there. Lovren showed why he's 4th choice. Decent against crap sides but totally exposed against good teams. TAA is talented and full of potential but he's not yet good enough to compete against the very best. Not yet, but one day he will be.

We've got the toughest game of the season out of the way, and we're still 4 points clear. So it's not all doom and gloom, hopefully Gomez is back asap and we don't let this hurt our confidence, we can bounce back and put together another good run.

Just now, Lario said:

Well if the guys sat around you were screaming at him constantly, he should be fucking sold immediately. 

“as he kept giving the ball away”. I was agnostic about Fabinho starting, I wanted Naby to start. Was only trying to see the logic behind the team selection. 

Guest Alex_K

There is also probably an element of Klopp wanting to go with the same outfield 10 as won there in Europe last season (sans Chamberlain - which was a forced change). Unfortunate in hindsight as Milner probably was not fit to the levels needed given how intensely the game was played. It casts a big shadow on Keita's form this season that he, as one of our most expensive outfield signings in history, is not nearly close to knocking on the door for these games. In an ideal world he's really the one that comes in for Oxlade vs. the team last season.

Would rather we won obviously, but now that we've lost I can finally watch us for the first time this season without fear of jinxing the unbeaten run. Anyway if Hodgepodge can send his team over there and get a win maybe others will still go there with more confidence and take more points from them too. Hopefully Klopp and the team can just concentrate on our games though and try to finally win the league.