Quantcast
Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd. - Page 102 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Iceman

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Recommended Posts

If The Glazers are still making money commercially then this will carry on. If this keeps on going and they continue to be as bad on the pitch or even get relegated then surely it’s only a matter of time before they start throwing some real cash at it and looking at a lot better managers etc... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ginny said:

If The Glazers are still making money commercially then this will carry on. If this keeps on going and they continue to be as bad on the pitch or even get relegated then surely it’s only a matter of time before they start throwing some real cash at it and looking at a lot better managers etc... 

 

They have thrown real cash at it, they've just pissed it all up the wall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Grinch said:

 

They have thrown real cash at it, they've just pissed it all up the wall. 

You actually think the Glazers have spent a cent of their own money on players? Hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You actually think the Glazers have spent a cent of their own money on players? Hahaha.

Nope, they've not needed too since that clubs earnt enough to have the most expensive squad in Europe a few years back. 

 

Lack of spending is not their problem. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/congratulations-liverpool-premier-league-winners-2019-20.451059/

 

They’ve started with their jinxing thread... lol. What an embarrassing lot. It’s only October FFS and they’re already shitting their pants. Small time twats.

Shit like this really annoys me, all other clubs start saying "Liverpool are champion" and no self respecting Liverpool fan would claim that until we are 4 PTS clear with a game to play, then they roll out all this "its our year" shit if we don't win it

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Shit like this really annoys me, all other clubs start saying "Liverpool are champion" and no self respecting Liverpool fan would claim that until we are 4 PTS clear with a game to play, then they roll out all this "its our year" shit if we don't win it

You shouldn’t really get annoyed at it. It’s funny seeing Man Utd fans reduced to creating a congrats thread hoping to jinx us.... 8 GAMES INTO THE SEASON. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Shit like this really annoys me, all other clubs start saying "Liverpool are champion" and no self respecting Liverpool fan would claim that until we are 4 PTS clear with a game to play, then they roll out all this "its our year" shit if we don't win it

 

It's kind of a curious thing encompassing every other club in the country, yet it's all stemming from fans most of whom aren't old enough to even remember when Liverpool last won the league. If Man Utd win it, it annoys Liverpool and Man City fans but most other fanbases aren't that bothered. If Arsenal win it, all but Spurs fans don't kick up a fuss. If Chelsea and their dirty money win it, again most of the country don't care. Same with Man City. Leicester were an anomaly in that pretty much everybody else hoped they might do it without actually believing it would happen. We get close to it or start to look like we could be the real deal, and everyone else totally loses their shit.

 

Sure, we have an obnoxious element within our fanbase but the vast majority are more interested in supporting their own team than trying for bragging rights and point-scoring with fans of other clubs. Even the club songs that deride other clubs also mention how much we love Liverpool. "We hate Nottingham Forest..." or "Everton are tragic" spring to mind.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You shouldn’t really get annoyed at it. It’s funny seeing Man Utd fans reduced to creating a congrats thread hoping to jinx us.... 8 GAMES INTO THE SEASON. 

Not that thread in particular I was meaning more like the other seasons where we have been in good positions and everyone but Liverpool fans claim us champions then it doesn't happen and they turn around acting as if we were giving it the Billy Big Balls.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You shouldn’t really get annoyed at it. It’s funny seeing Man Utd fans reduced to creating a congrats thread hoping to jinx us.... 8 GAMES INTO THE SEASON. 

You can only really be annoyed if you waste your life reading this sort of shite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

 

It's kind of a curious thing encompassing every other club in the country, yet it's all stemming from fans most of whom aren't old enough to even remember when Liverpool last won the league. If Man Utd win it, it annoys Liverpool and Man City fans but most other fanbases aren't that bothered. If Arsenal win it, all but Spurs fans don't kick up a fuss. If Chelsea and their dirty money win it, again most of the country don't care. Same with Man City. Leicester were an anomaly in that pretty much everybody else hoped they might do it without actually believing it would happen. We get close to it or start to look like we could be the real deal, and everyone else totally loses their shit.

 

Sure, we have an obnoxious element within our fanbase but the vast majority are more interested in supporting their own team than trying for bragging rights and point-scoring with fans of other clubs. Even the club songs that deride other clubs also mention how much we love Liverpool. "We hate Nottingham Forest..." or "Everton are tragic" spring to mind.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Leeds fan (not rabid like most) and he was amazed when I told him it was not the done thing for Liverpool to sing about other teams and would even be shouted down for doing so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Allegri, the ex Juventus boss wants the job but wants an answer in the next couple of weeks according to the Italian media. 

 

Let's hope they show some faith in Ole. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, viRdjil said:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/congratulations-liverpool-premier-league-winners-2019-20.451059/

 

They’ve started with their jinxing thread... lol. What an embarrassing lot. It’s only October FFS and they’re already shitting their pants. Small time twats.

Come the end of the season the only things they'll have to celebrate are either being able to say they were one of the first to predict Liverpool will win the league, or laughing at us being massive bottlers if we don't win it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Not that thread in particular I was meaning more like the other seasons where we have been in good positions and everyone but Liverpool fans claim us champions then it doesn't happen and they turn around acting as if we were giving it the Billy Big Balls.

 

Exactly: I've never heard proper Liverpool fans say "it's our year," ever. At most it's usually cautious optimism with a heavy sardonic element. But then the ones that attribute this straw man stuff to us are usually the Mancs and their little, lickspittle Merseyside element.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2019 at 17:25, Colt Seavers said:

Not that thread in particular I was meaning more like the other seasons where we have been in good positions and everyone but Liverpool fans claim us champions then it doesn't happen and they turn around acting as if we were giving it the Billy Big Balls.

 

You see I don't really agree with that. The thing with our fans I believe, is what we've achieved in the past, makes us believe anything is possible. It's without doubt why we won number 5 (and maybe number 6 if you look at the semi) and over the years a few other wins that looked impossible. It's not to say we think we have a devine right, but I do think as fans and a club we are brilliant at riding crest of a wave. 

On 09/10/2019 at 14:23, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Exactly: I've never heard proper Liverpool fans say "it's our year," ever. At most it's usually cautious optimism with a heavy sardonic element. But then the ones that attribute this straw man stuff to us are usually the Mancs and their little, lickspittle Merseyside element.

 

 

There's a difference in saying "it's our year" to "we can do it". And the thing is, when we say "we can do it" others often hear "it's our year". That's because mostly they can never believe their club could do it and since we've stopped being the major force on England, most clubs think their's as good as us. But none of them think and expect as much from their club as we do and that expectation has pushed ordinary sides to trophies over he last 30 years. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Exactly: I've never heard proper Liverpool fans say "it's our year," ever. At most it's usually cautious optimism with a heavy sardonic element. But then the ones that attribute this straw man stuff to us are usually the Mancs and their little, lickspittle Merseyside element.

 

 

Heard that last season, it’s your title, and this season now , so early on, I just say yeah you never know but each game at a time and see what it is at the end.

Even though in today’s game it’s tough to get back on terms after going behind 6/8 points whatever, it’s still far to early to say anything apart from , yes we’ve made a great start and we’ll see how it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

If we get to the last three games and we’re 10 points in front I might start to believe that we’re in with a shout. 

Until we get docked 2 points for 'hacking' City's scouting database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×