You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alisson Becker

aRdja

13 hours ago, Red74 said:

If he catches the ball, which he should have done the play resets and we can take a breather and get up the pitch clearing everyone out of our box putting the pressure back on them. 

He didn’t and created unnecessary panic which gave them a lift from which they scored. 

No. Firstly, they didn't need a lift at that point: they were already on the attack (hence the need for Ali to make that catch).  Because he didn't make the catch, West Ham had a shot; guess who saved it.  A little while later, Liverpool gave the ball away in midfield and West Ham were able to get the ball to a completely unmarked Antonio right in front of goal.

But, yeah, it's all because Ali farted at breakfast 5 hours earlier, or something.

15 hours ago, No2 said:

I'm working with my under 10s goalkeepers on killing momentum when we're under pressure. If they have a good chance I want the keeper to slow everything down, don't turn a chance into a flurry of chances, get our shape, clear our heads and try get control again. My lads have picked it up really quickly.

We (LFC) have in the last 2 away games lost the ball in our defensive third immediately after giving up a big chance. I wasn't arsed enough in either to go searching for the culprit but it's fucking brain dead stuff.

I think you need to do the opposite. At that age the opposition will be likely flooding your half and the opportunities to outnumber them will be greatest. When the GK waits then the passes to their own players will be more difficult as they will be matched up and you will likely have them going longer with kicks. 

32 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No. Firstly, they didn't need a lift at that point: they were already on the attack (hence the need for Ali to make that catch).  Because he didn't make the catch, West Ham had a shot; guess who saved it.  A little while later, Liverpool gave the ball away in midfield and West Ham were able to get the ball to a completely unmarked Antonio right in front of goal.

But, yeah, it's all because Ali farted at breakfast 5 hours earlier, or something.

That shows nothing. Stick to white knighting son. Leave the footy to the big boys. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red74 said:

That shows nothing. Stick to white knighting son. Leave the footy to the big boys. 

It shows the entire build-up to the West Ham equaliser and none of the irrelevant stuff that happened in earlier phases of play.

It's hilarious when people who are obviously wrong try to be patronising.

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Time will prove you're right about something that happened 4 days ago?

That's not how time works.

May I suggest you seek out my early warnings on Firmino, Diaz & Konate. This place were fawning all over them while they were turning in disaster classes every week while I stood alone, like a football Jesus warning you all.

It’s only now the meek are seeing the light and are saying what I foresaw. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

That was about 95% down to Virgil even to the point of him getting in the way of Ali trying to kick the ball.

Ali is absolutely right to come for that ball.  The problem is that Martinelli bridges Virg off his stride and into Ali's way, meaning Ali can't get a clean kick and Virg can't get back to deal with anything that might go wrong.

https://youtu.be/gxId8M-NmWg?si=DG63HXV8tGa2U1Ca

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

May I suggest you seek out my early warnings on Firmino, Diaz & Konate. This place were fawning all over them while they were turning in disaster classes every week while I stood alone, like a football Jesus warning you all.

It’s only now the meek are seeing the light and are saying what I foresaw. 

57 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

tl;dr 

Because Red74 doesn't understand football.

If anyone is questioning Allison you may as well just stop watching because nothing is ever going to be good enough for you.

I think he’s in the conversation for best goalkeeper I’ve ever seen and not just at this club. 

For the record, I do think he’s right up there with the elite and wouldn’t contemplate selling him unless he demanded it, but don’t tell me he hasn’t got an increasingly regular mistake in him. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

For the record, I do think he’s right up there with the elite and wouldn’t contemplate selling him unless he demanded it, but don’t tell me he hasn’t got an increasingly regular mistake in him. 

Hasn't every goalkeeper? Ours makes mistakes (occasionally because he gambles on a positive outcome) which happens far more than the opposite. He's superb but the only question mark is his increasing injuries. Something quite unusual in most top level keepers.

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think you need to do the opposite. At that age the opposition will be likely flooding your half and the opportunities to outnumber them will be greatest. When the GK waits then the passes to their own players will be more difficult as they will be matched up and you will likely have them going longer with kicks. 

We have a retreat line over here, only 1 player allowed in the final third until the keeper starts the play, we would be would one of the weakest sides in the best league in Dublin so the opposition are often of the highest quality. I'm not advocating Jose Mourinho stuff, just enough time to clear the heads, don't concede "emotional goals" to quote the Northern Ireland women's team manager. 

47 minutes ago, No2 said:

We have a retreat line over here, only 1 player allowed in the final third until the keeper starts the play, we would be would one of the weakest sides in the best league in Dublin so the opposition are often of the highest quality. I'm not advocating Jose Mourinho stuff, just enough time to clear the heads, don't concede "emotional goals" to quote the Northern Ireland women's team manager. 

We have a halfway retreat line but the coaching is so bad few young teams exploit it.

5 hours ago, Red74 said:

He hasn't got an increasingly regular mistake in him.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

I don't think anyone has seriously suggested selling him, have they?

The debate seems to be around his mistake before West Ham scored.

Which I believe AoT disproved. I did originally think the slip may have contributed but it seems it didn't due to a passage of play afterwards where we recovered possession.

• 3 weeks later...