You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia World Cup 18

Bjornebye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've basically got, in my opinion, at best approximately three 50/50 shots to reach the final. They nearly didn't beat Tunisia for fuck sake... They could do it obviously but my money is on them fucking it up as usual.

Typical bitter Irish comment. You obviously didn’t watch our brave lions rip Panama to shreds.

Colombia is a tough game, Sweden or Switzerland won't be easy but very winnable, then Croatia would be very tough as would the roided up Russians.

Its not an easy route.

Yes, a 50/50 shot against Columbia, slight favourites against probably Switzerland, and then (to be charitable) slight underdogs against Croatia. 

I think the 5/2 to reach the final is a bit skinny. They're probably a 4/1 9/2 shot. But obviously the price is altered by loads of England fans lumping on.

Interesting world cup, and there was so much value to be had pre world cup (in hindsight, obviously, as I doubt many people expected Germany and Spain out at this stage. Argentina was more predictable as it was quite likely they'd finish 2nd in the group and then almost certainly face France).

Croatia were 40/1 I think.

Messi is one of the all time greats. But he consistently disappears in anything other than a Barcelona shirt.

I can't stand Ronaldo but i hear the arguments that he might be the better player as he has done it for United Madrid and his National team.

But if you gave me the choice of Maradona, Messi or Ronaldo in their prime to play one game for me i would pick Maradona every time.

He had everything and his persona and will to win lifted players around him to unbelievable levels.

The same Ronaldo who disappears in big games and who went off before Portugal won the euro final? If you level that argument against Messi then Ronaldo is equally guilty. Messi has reached a WC final and two Copa Americas also.

Columbia are the equivalent of when we had Roma in the CL. A good team and a tough test but not as tough as it could be. There’s no doubt that the potential run to the final is really favourable for England but their problem is usually on the mental side so i’m expecting them to choke tomorrow night.

These fucking Ingerlund cunts are gonna win this aren't they....

Why are they cunts? I know some fans are but isn't that true of quite a few football fans whatever club or natonality? Can't see it but I hope they do win it, haha that'd pissed a few people off, for that reason alone.

Why are they cunts? I know some fans are but isn't that true of quite a few football fans whatever club or natonality? Can't see it but I hope they do win it, haha that'd pissed a few people off, for that reason alone.

Like I have mentioned earlier my own view is that after viewing LFC,its fans and the area as scum they then expect us to feel part of their national team. Never going to happen from me for one. In a wider and lesser involved way,to hear the arrogance and blind loyalty to conveniently ignore a defeat from a second string Belgium,managed by a failed Bloos manager and showing England's many flaws they almost ignore it. That said,England have got a far easier route to the later stages than they either expected or should have been given.

I’d be pleased for Jordan Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold if they won the World Cup. As I’ve said before, I couln’t care less about dick-heads who follow England and care even lesss about idots watching from their front rooms and shit pubs. That said, I very much doubt England will win it and reckon they’ll probably struggle tomorrow.

Far from an England fan myself as I've only room for one,LFC, yes a big part of the fans are tossers, I was the only one behind Argentina the other night much to the disdain of the others in the pub, but I hope they do well but not arsed who wins it i just enjoy the footy.

Wished I'd put my fiver at 7s for France now and Argentina cost me a fiver in the sweep, bastard