You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

FSG wont shell out 60+ on both VVD and Aubameyang this window.  VVD is Klopp's first choice as he's happy with Firmino as his main striker.  If that isn't going to happen this window and PEA is available then we will be in for him.

FSG will then assess the state of the club in January to decide whether or not to go back in for VVD.

As told to me by my contact.  

FSG wont shell out 60+ on both VVD and Aubameyang this window. VVD is Klopp's first choice as he's happy with Firmino as his main striker. If that isn't going to happen this window and PEA is available then we will be in for him.

FSG will then assess the state of the club in January to decide whether or not to go back in for VVD.

As told to me by my contact.

There must be a German or Dutch centre half available for around the 10-20 million bracket? We got a cracking centre back for free and I reckon we could get another for a smaller outlay than a ridiculous £60 million price tag.

There must be a German or Dutch centre half available for around the 10-20 million bracket? We got a cracking centre back for free and I reckon we could get another for a smaller outlay than a ridiculous £60 million price tag.

Completely agree.  There is a CB "plan B" and plan C is Michael Keane.  Even he is overpriced I feel for what you're getting

Completely agree. There is a CB "plan B" and plan C is Michael Keane. Even he is overpriced I feel for what you're getting

I would avoid the 'PL Premium' that comes with players from the PL. Lets face it there are only a handfull of teams with quality players and even they aren't filled with all great ones. I'd just fuck the PL off altogether for signings,its just not worth it.

• Upvote 2

As I've said previously I'm not against the Salah signing I just no kithing about him other than he's quick and was pretty poo at Chelsea. Apart from that I think it's a glaring mistake to NOT buy a striker. We already have enough Attacking Midfielders for the rest of the division.

You know what we really need more than a GK, more than a CB more than another AM and that's someone who can get in behind and put the ball in the back of the net.

That person is available at a very cheap 63mil (in today's crazy money)

Fucking buy him you daft cunts

• Upvote 3

If we got PEA for £63m we could offset this by getting @ £40m for Sturridge and Origi and this would also probably free the equivalent wages.

This would give us PEA, Firmino, Mane, Ings and Solanke as potential forwards which to my mind would be enough as we very rarely even go 2 up front.

More importantly it would strengthen the team immensely after basically playing with 10 men in a lot of games last season.

I would avoid the 'PL Premium' that comes with players from the PL. Lets face it there are only a handfull of teams with quality players and even they aren't filled with all great ones. I'd just fuck the PL off altogether for signings,its just not worth it.

Man United built some of their great sides by plundering other Premier League teams. You think of Rooney, Carrick, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Tevez, Valencia, van Persie, van der Sar, etc... I think if you can find reasonable value (granted that's getting increasingly difficult to do these days) then recruiting from the Premier League is a great strategy because you're weakening everybody else and you're getting players already settled in the country. 

But you gotta be smart about it obviously. Our Premier League signings have been mostly donkeys but that's not really because they were Premier League players, it's because our judgement on players has often been flawed. 

Man United built some of their great sides by plundering other Premier League teams. You think of Rooney, Carrick, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Tevez, Valencia, van Persie, van der Sar, etc... I think if you can find reasonable value (granted that's getting increasingly difficult to do these days) then recruiting from the Premier League is a great strategy because you're weakening everybody else and you're getting players already settled in the country.

But you gotta be smart about it obviously. Our Premier League signings have been mostly donkeys but that's not really because they were Premier League players, it's because our judgement on players has often been flawed.

They were the only team around who could pay those fees at the time and would pay way over the odds because nobody else could match them. Now every team(well most of the top half) can spend £20 million on a player. For all United's massive signings they got better value from abroad as I still think Stam was their best centre back and Van Nistelrooy their best striker in terms of value for money.

Not that I think we will or probably even would sign Mbappe, but any interest from us there has to be that at 18 his fee would be returned in a few years by Madrid with some on top.

Aubameyang and Lacazette are both 26 aren't they? Any fee spent on one of them wouldn't be seen again in anything like the same amount if they stayed for the length of their contract.

Can't see FSG signing off on either size of transfer, but the latter is a definite no go as long as they're running things.

They were the only team around who could pay those fees at the time and would pay way over the odds because nobody else could match them. Now every team(well most of the top half) can spend £20 million on a player. For all United's massive signings they got better value from abroad as I still think Stam was their best centre back and Van Nistelrooy their best striker in terms of value for money.

And they bought Paul pogba for next to nothing and he went on to be the world's most expensive footballer.

Can't see this happening at all because of his age.

FSG's mo is spending money on 25 year olds or under that have potential sell on value.

Hence the links to Mbappe.

We're not in for mbappe either. We buy young to improve them, increase their value and sell them. Buying the most expensive player in the world doesn't fit with that policy either. It's just bullshit to get the fans dreaming.

He's a quality player, but he's 28 years old, and speed is a significant part of his game. He's a skinny runt, so he's not gonna get by on strength/power when his speed starts to go. I don't think it's worth it. This team doesn't have many issues in attack, the problem is keeping the ball out of our own net. The focus should be defense, including CB, and a quality DM. As far as I'm concerned this would be a luxury buy.

If we got PEA for £63m we could offset this by getting @ £40m for Sturridge and Origi and this would also probably free the equivalent wages.

This would give us PEA, Firmino, Mane, Ings and Solanke as potential forwards which to my mind would be enough as we very rarely even go 2 up front.

More importantly it would strengthen the team immensely after basically playing with 10 men in a lot of games last season.

Jason mcateer reckons we can get 40m from psg for sturridge but depends on whether or not they get Ronaldo.

We're not successful at it because we mostly buy shit players. But it's the model as illustrated by sterling and suarez and strangely as we are about to find out with Moreno and we haven't even improved him

We bought Moreno for 12m (in old money) and we are looking to get 13 back. After paying him for three years two of which he did not even make the bench half the time.

I have a feeling the list that contains Markovic et al is probably longer than this list.

We bought Moreno for 12m (in old money) and we are looking to get 13 back. After paying him for three years two of which he did not even make the bench half the time.

I have a feeling the list that contains Markovic et al is probably longer than this list.

As I say, we didn't even improve him and we're not losing on the fee. So he's cost us wages, FSG could care less about that, it's running costs and if he's shit, no big deal. Sakho will go at a profit too. If we can run neutral overall on transfers, so a sterling, suarez or ibe allows us failures like markovic or over paying for something like lovren, that's a result. Remember Moreno is a failure and the policy is paying for itself.

Any of salah, Coutinho, mane or firmino all bought on that model could take a major step next season and they'd be in the exit lounge as fast as you can say Linda wants a new yacht. They like to hedge their bets, that's their business and there's more of a chance of success when you're buying players below 24. It's just less likely to bring success on the pitch, but that will never be fsg's yardstick.

• Upvote 1