You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Call me naive, but the sale of two midfielders in the last few days would suggest that Keita could be a lot closer than has been suggested.

Sent from the back of John Henry's unicorn

Anfield HQVerified account @AnfieldHQ 7m7 minutes ago

The owner of RB Leipzig has confirmed the club have rejected a €75million (£67m) bid for Naby Keita. (@SPORTBILD)

giphy.gif

Haha - love the bit where people complain that we haven't put a 'bid' in - and when Leipzig say that we have. They don't believe it! 

Need to move on now I think. Obviously not happening, Keita could do with saying he is staying publicly as well. 

Just throwing it out there - I'm not knowledgeable about foreign players, but if he does want Keita next season, then i'd say Goretka as he can play deeper!

I'd go for Bender (Dortmund) and the Ox. 

Dont remember hix last season so thought he maybe a good punt.

Obviously not.

He's 36 turning 37 this year. His last full premier league season was 12/13. He's since tried playing in a poorer league and failed and another league where teams would struggle to compete in league 2 over here. If he played in the premier league now he would make Moreno look like Maldini.

There seems to be a constant running down of milner at left back of late as well from certain people. He was probably the best performing left back in the league. He has his deficiencies. Mainly being he's a right footed midfielder. It didn't stop him creating more chances than any other full back in the league. I think Robertson might surprise a few people but even the ones who don't fancy aren't stupid enough to thinking signing Cole would have been a better option.

Can't wait to see who the, completely different style, player is on the list

I know you are criticising but that isn't the worst idea! Why spend £40m this year on an inferior player and then buy Keita next season? 

Buy someone different - and you can still fit in Keita without much disruption. 

Don't forget Rafa it seems had Alonso lined up to replace Gerrard in 2004! 

Good point. Free spending Manchester United or Everton.

nah, everton would have just gone over and slapped the money on the table, they'd be powerless to resists. Keita would have swooned over the plans to turn a dock next to a sewerage works into a world class stadium by robbing the poor of the city to fund it.

Haha - love the bit where people complain that we haven't put a 'bid' in - and when Leipzig say that we have. They don't believe it! 

Need to move on now I think. Obviously not happening, Keita could do with saying he is staying publicly as well. 

Just throwing it out there - I'm not knowledgeable about foreign players, but if he does want Keita next season, then i'd say Goretka as he can play deeper!

I'd go for Bender (Dortmund) and the Ox. 

Well, you're right there. Goretzka plays higher up the pitch than Keita and as someone already mentioned Bender has already moved to Leverkusen.

• Upvote 1

Well, you're right there. Goretzka plays higher up the pitch than Keita and as someone already mentioned Bender has already moved to Leverkusen.

No, I do know that Goretka can play deeper. 

Sorry for not being up to date with the signings in the German league. I've really lost my way since I lost my virginity!