You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) - 2:15pm, 06/11/16 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net.

Trumo

And now we have to endure another Intnl break. Why dont they save up these Satdees and use them at the end of the season? Wouldn't disrupt our momentum and might help the Intnl Managers who would have a squad for a few weeks rather than a couple of days before each match.

And I could take my holiday.

A month or so ago, losing Mane to the ACN looked like it could really hurt us, but as well as he's playing there's just not the same fear right now as it's a total team thing. Well miss some of what he brings, no doubt, but we'll bring in something else from Origi or Sturbridge, or Lallana moves further up and Can/Wijnaldum bring something into midfield.

I don't know as I can remember us playing this well without it being overly reliant on one or two players - Suarez, Gerrard, Torres - for years and years, maybe since the end of our glory years - which I can't remember as well as I'd like.

I do worry about whether we'll run out of steam, or whether a few injuries will come, or whether simply Chelsea or City will have too much over the course of the season, but generally I can't believe how optimistic I am about a team that has no genuine superstar, standout player.

The current attack terrifies the opposition.

The trio above terrified everyone apart from the opposition  

The frightening thing is it's not actually that long ago.

To Borini's eternal credit though, he scored some vital goals for Sunderland that helped us in 2013/14. The problem was that he did more for us up there than he ever did in a red shirt.

When Mane is out at the ACN to my mind we must have some pace in the front three or the attack loses an important dimension. Based on the players currently at the club I would play Origi on the right, with license to move around like Mane does.

I think we'll be active in January, with Pulisic or perhaps Inaki Williams targeted. Man Utd will be trying to offload some players too, and I think one or two of them could do very well here - so long as they came to work and listen to Klopp - but I doubt Man Utd would do business with us, as we appear to be going past them and the last thing they would want to see is a rejuvenated player of theirs doing well at Liverpool.

Memphis Depay and Luke Shaw. Both are out of favour with Mourinho and could do well here, if prepared to come in, listen to Klopp and work hard.

The match report for the game is up now and free for all non subscribers, it's brilliant as usual. Do yourselves a favour and get that £2 a month sorted, it's nothing compared to what you're getting for it, a better report than any other media source, every single week. There's so many regular posters now that aren't signed up, sad times indeed, especially when you consider the effort Dave is consistently putting in.

• Upvote 1