You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) - 2:15pm, 06/11/16 - The goals that ripped the Hornets' net.

Trumo

Love this from another poster:

Ighalo, in my eyes, is done. He offers absolutely ****ing nothing. It's ok to play with 10 men against similar sides like Swansea, Man Utd and Hull, but against a good team - this is what happens.

Wasn't it only 3 or 4 months ago they were turning down a 40 million pound bid for Ighalo?

Very impressive performance that. Thought Firmino was absolutely outstanding. The front three, or five if you like, are one hell of an attacking force now. So mobile and unpredictable.

And it's so interchangeable, too.  Wijnaldum comes in for Lallana, no problem, nothing changes.  Sturridge for Mane, same thing.  Sturridge actually had 4 shots in 20 minutes on the pitch - there are strikers who struggle to get that in a whole game!

Even Ejaria came on with 5 minutes to go and was involved in Wijnaldum's goal.  Didn't miss a beat, just plugged in and did the same things the player before him had been doing.  The system is indeed the star.

• Upvote 3

Wasn't it only 3 or 4 months ago they were turning down a 40 million pound bid for Ighalo?

I think the offer was put forward by somebody claiming to represent one of the Chinese clubs. The player's agent checked it out and it turned out the offer was jarg.

It's fucking awesome is this. Teams are coming to Anfield trying to hussle us and press but they can't cope with the fitness levels, the ground we cover and the way we interchange. By rights we should at least be in the top 3 come May. The only way I'll get excited by a title challenge is if we're 7 points clear with 3 games to go. 2014 hurt like hell and to lose it like we did was cruel so I refuse to get carried away with title talk.

This is a far better team, and in Klopp, we have a far better manager. We were lucky that year in having unusually weak opposition, this time that opposition is far stronger, but then so are we. Buckle up tight!

Not felt this positive for a while.

Karius - My arse doesn't twitch now when opposing team gets within shooting distance like it did with Mignolet.

Matip-  looks far more assured than our previous excuses for center halves
Can- Looks like hes gonna be a rolls-royce of a player
Lallana - Gone up a whole level

The whole forward line, - beyond words - just a dream, but the two Brazilians are special
The Manager-  How we pulled that off I don't know. Fucking genius.

• Upvote 2

Not felt this positive for a while.

Karius - My arse doesn't twitch now when opposing team gets within shooting distance like it did with Mignolet.

Matip-  looks far more assured than our previous excuses for center halves

Can- Looks like hes gonna be a rolls-royce of a player

Lallana - Gone up a whole level

The whole forward line, - beyond words - just a dream, but the two Brazilians are special

The Manager-  How we pulled that off I don't know. Fucking genius.

Don't want to complain about anything after a result like that because we look amazing, but I didn't think Can was great in particular.  In fact, Rolls Royce is a good description - looks amazing, and great at what it does, but you don't want to get into a race with it.

What I mean was that if you had to nitpick over something that we could still improve on today (and there's not much to choose from), Can was a bit slow on occasion.  I thought there were at least two chances to put players in that he either waited too long or never saw at all.  Didn't matter because we were already 5-0 up but I thought he looked a half-second slower (in his head, not in his legs) than some of those around him.

• Upvote 1