You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Non gender specific fuckwittery

Champ

Oi!  I may be aged, but I took delivery of some sexy socks only this Saturday from Champ's favourite shop.

I've just received a birthday voucher from the bold Johnny 

Ann Summers' do socks?

Oh, Trumo, you mistake me for a woman with no class at all

Pulled into a garage the other night to get petrol and inflate my tyres.  When i got to the pump, there was a guy using the tyre inflating thing - no problem, I thought, I'll fill up, gon in and pay, come back out and Bob's yer uncle, I'll be ready to inflate those tyres.  So, I do the following, and come back out and to my surprise, he's still at the same tyre. No word of a lie, i sat in my car for another SEVEN minutes while he was still at the same tyre.  I considered going over to see if he needed help as he clearly didn't have a clue what he was at - he wasn't old or anything - but I decided to drive off scoffing and shaking my head instead.

Pulled into a garage the other night to get petrol and inflate my tyres.  When i got to the pump, there was a guy using the tyre inflating thing - no problem, I thought, I'll fill up, gon in and pay, come back out and Bob's yer uncle, I'll be ready to inflate those tyres.  So, I do the following, and come back out and to my surprise, he's still at the same tyre. No word of a lie, i sat in my car for another SEVEN minutes while he was still at the same tyre.  I considered going over to see if he needed help as he clearly didn't have a clue what he was at - he wasn't old or anything - but I decided to drive off scoffing and shaking my head instead.

that must have been a deflating experience for all concerned.

• Upvote 1

This happens all too often, there's not much you can do really aside from place a soaked rag in the petrol cap, and light it, when he runs around to put it out, you can either shoot him or use the machine as he won't know what's going on and the last thing on his mind will be his tyre pressure.

It's amazing how many people spend ages inflating just the one tyre. You do wonder if they know what they're doing when they take so long. Just as bad are the ones who know what they're doing but decide to go round each tyre multiple times inflating it just a tiny little bit. All of this is much less likely at those places where you have to put money in first.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's amazing how many people spend ages inflating just the one tyre. You do wonder if they know what they're doing when they take so long. Just as bad are the ones who know what they're doing but decide to go round each tyre multiple times inflating it just a tiny little bit. All of this is much less likely at those places where you have to put money in first.

They charge you for air in the UK? 

You don't all have specially trained people to do this for you?

Last time I had my tyres changed for summer, the computer told me that they were under-inflated. After the guy had sorted it, the computer started a diagnostics check. After ten minutes of sitting there, they found a mechanic who spoke enough English to explain that I had to drive the car for a bit for the diagnostics would complete. I definitely heard sniggering as I drove out

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

They'd happily charge us to breathe, if they could.

They wouldn't be the only ones unfortunately.

not only that, we have to pay for cheese.

The audacity, I hope if you buy Emmental the holes are for nothing. 

This happens all too often, there's not much you can do really aside from place a soaked rag in the petrol cap, and light it, when he runs around to put it out, you can either shoot him or use the machine as he won't know what's going on and the last thing on his mind will be his tyre pressure.

I took his number plate instead and I've hired a PI to find out his address, and then I'm going to go round there and slash his tyres.  He'll probably drive it round to the garage and spend all weekend trying to pump the tyres up.

Guest Pistonbroke

This one was free as it happens - if it had been pay per minute, that guy would probably have drained away a day's wage at it

They are phasing in these automatic ones over here with a digital  display and a few buttons. They even have an idiots guide on how to use them yet the majority of people using them whilst I'm in the vicinity haven't got a clue what they are doing. One bloke even asked me if he had to put the valve on each tyre or if it would do all four at once, I burst out laughing at his stupidity. 

They are phasing in these automatic ones over here with a digital  display and a few buttons. They even have an idiots guide on how to use them yet the majority of people using them whilst I'm in the vicinity haven't got a clue what they are doing. One bloke even asked me if he had to put the valve on each tyre or if it would do all four at once, I burst out laughing at his stupidity. 

The German language probably has a 48-letter word for somebody like that.