You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H), 8pm, 17/10/16 - Montag Nacht Fußball

Trumo

4 shots on target the whole game, 3 for us and 1 for them. 4 Corners 3 to us 1 to them, 4 blocked shots 3 to us 1 to them 65% to 35% possession for us. We were way below par although we were a lot better in the second half. Mancs didn't even try in all truth, we will move on, I'd be shit worried as a Manc fan.

And pie face Shreeves thinks the Mancs controlled it. Arse gravy.

Guest Pistonbroke

Sky United just got switched off, if I was Carra i'd tell them they might as well have a fully blown on Manc studio and to fuck off live on TV before slamming their stupid mike up Gigg's arse and walking off. 

Well we didnt conceed and kept a clean sheet which a few people will undoubtedly miss.

Sure, a disappointing game but what do you expect when one team is set up for the draw? I think that's the first time Ive seen that lot come to Anfield set up for a draw and play for a draw.

No doubt the arseholes in the press will laud maureen but really what for? he's got the world's most expensive footballer in his team and he plays like that, for the draw/ He can fuck off and take all the fleet street hacks who'll lick his ring piece.

Thought a few of our international players looked tired. mane looked very ineffective. Firmino and Coutinho looked a little leggy too.

We just dont look as good with sturridge down the middle but forced changes to Gino and lallana (gulp!) and all things together, we just didnt get out of first gear until around 60 minutes.

As disappointing as it is, Id take the draw as it means we havent lost and its a marathon not a sprint.

Karius, sorry, just doesn tlook confident to me which is surprising. But, I dont think Klopp can drop him now until he makes a costly mistake.

We've got a run of games now that we must maximise the points from. Those are more important now.

Oh and after all the shite, I thought the ref had quite a good game.

Can't argue with that.

Ultimately this isn't a bad result at all really...it was never going to be as easy as some thought especially after the break and with players out who have been key to how we have played.

Still some concerns about how much we fancy or can handle a scrap, still some concerns about bollocks in team but we are headed in the right direction and i don't think many of us thought we would be on 17 pts after 8....win Saturday and it is 20 from 9 and that represents a good start especially from the fixtures we have had.

Shit game, but we can live with the result. Let the full-strength mancs crow about a 0-0 draw. Just brings more pressure on them for their next game. We know we would have wiped the floor with them if it wasn't for the dreaded international break and not having our usual midfield. We definitely need some strength in depth in the Jan window though, or this will be a recurring theme. 

Guest Pistonbroke

And pie face Shreeves thinks the Mancs controlled it. Arse gravy.

Indeed, plus we were by far the more attack minded team in the second half and if anybody deserved to win a poor game it was ourselves. DeGea and the fact we couldn't start with an unchanged team. Sturridge was their best defender in that first half, I wouldn't play him again in the league, surely Ings should get the nod ahead of him now. 

Sky United just got switched off, if I was Carra i'd tell them they might as well have a fully blown on Manc studio and to fuck off live on TV before slamming their stupid mike up Gigg's arse and walking off. 

Yeah I turned over at the final whistle.

I mean giggs is supposed to be a pundit now but he kept saying 'we' when refering to them. Jamie was at least consistent say manchester united and Liverpool not 'us.'

• Upvote 1

The Sky coverage is amusing, to be honest. The fact that the "experts" are impressed by United holding us to a 0-0 whilst only recording 1 shot on target shows how far they've fallen. Years ago they would have been seething with that.

I don't understand it. They spent an obscene amount of money yet they're turning up at grounds playing for a draw ?

Cowardly.

Both sides cancelled each other out. They never really allowed us to play with any tempo, and we prevented them from doing anything productive from counters or aerially.

That said, De Gea (again) kept them in the game with two great saves, from Can and Coutinho. Valencia also did his bit for them with a superb last-ditch challenge when Firmino was through.

Apart from 2 wild efforts into the Kop, a Zlatan header that he could only direct across the six-yard box, and a tame header from a corner by Elbows, they really didn't offer anything at all.

It was a bit funny to see Herrera crying after he'd been penalised for an infringement on Coutinho. It wasn't really a foul but the Manc midfielder is a snidey cunt who pulls that stunt in every game, and now has the exact manager to encourage that sort of thing.

I think we missed the midfield intensity of Lallana as that is something that's been a big plus for us this season. When he came on, it made a difference to how our forwards and midfielders linked up. The game had opened up by then and Firmino was making more effort than Sturridge had all game, but still, having Lallana playing there gave the United back 9 something to think about.

Has De Gea ever had a shit game against us?

The problem for United is thats the extent of Mourinho's ambition, regardless of opposition. Which makes more draws a likelier proposition for them than us.

Fancy us there in January with more space to play in.

Injuries really cost us there. Can and Coutinho took some time to settle into those midfield roles, Can in particular was ponderous as fuck in possession when we're all about passing it forward quickly these days. Sturridge just doesn't offer the same work rate Firmino does. Maybe he's too fucked after too many injuries.

Obviously watched it on a blag stream on Kodi, am I fuck watching Sky wank themselves into a frenzy over Mourinho and the assorted Manc hangers-on they have in the studio. Is there a more shithousey job for an ex-footballer than a pundit? Doesn't matter if you're talking shite 100% of the time, no-one's ever going to pull you up on it. No skin in the game.

Losing both Lallana and Wijnaldum removed some of the momentum from our midfield, particulalry first 20mins. I thought Can looked a bit out of sorts first half but much better in the second and was unlucky not to put us ahead.

Not a brilliant performance by any means but with the two De Gea saves and the chance for Firmino, we could just as easily have won 2 or 3 to 0. United offered very little.

• Upvote 1

The problem for United is thats the extent of Mourinho's ambition, regardless of opposition. Which makes more draws a likelier proposition for them than us.

Fancy us there in January with more space to play in.

I reckon Chelsea will beat them

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah I turned over at the final whistle.

I mean giggs is supposed to be a pundit now but he kept saying 'we' when refering to them. Jamie was at least consistent say manchester united and Liverpool not 'us.'

Yep, Giggs is as bad as that ginger cunt Scholes. I normally use NBC streams etc but the one I found kept lagging so was forced to use a Sky stream as I couldn't be arsed searching for other streams whilst the match was on. Neville and Tyler were also a pair of bell ends, I thought Neville started his Sky career pretty well but he has reverted to type this season the horrible little rat. 

Unfortunately I'll miss Klopp's interview so if anybody can do the honours at some stage please.