You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A), 8pm, 16/09/16, Friday Night Lights

Trumo

Not wanting to be churlish, but I thought Origi was uncharacteristically flat-footed tonight.

Not that I'm arsed. We beat a horrible shower of cunts, so I'm happy.

Agree with this. He's not been the same since Funes Mori tried to break his leg. I'm sure there's more to come from him though, and he'll get back into a groove soon enough. Depending on what happened to Sturridge, he might see his opportunity quickly.

With all that said, he was a bit too lackadaisical for me. With only about half an hour to play, I would have liked to see him run himself ragged and shut them down from the front.

I wouldn't get that carried away just yet. We still have plenty of players who are horrible when they're not on top of their game. I'll wait until we've played 13 games before I start speculating about where we might finish.

For now, I'm just enjoying beating the Rentboys.

Me neither, still don't trust this team, as you say, let's say where we are after Christmas befpre any predicitions... Even then...

• Upvote 1

Top, top result. It's amazing how well the midfield is playing. A trio of Hendo, Gini and Lallana makes absolutely no sense on paper yet they've now gotten the better of Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

Shows there is more than one way of building a coherent midfield. They're proving a lot of people wrong, including myself.

• Upvote 1

Conte stinks a little of van Gaal. Prior to his appointment, everyone licking his nuts because of the results he got at an international tournament playing an extremely pragmatic brand of football. Tonight, he decided to set Chelsea up to sit back against us in the first half and saw them get played off the park. His reaction to watching that was to make his first sub in the 84th minute. Ridiculous.

His conservative nature and hard-ass disciplinarian style won't amount to much at Chelsea, imo.

We're a good side and we've played well so far this season.  I've said this before on here.

I think we'll be in the mix of top 4.  I think City have settled too quickly to their new style for my liking, so I think they'll go all the way.  I won't mention the other mancs as I don't want to mocker it, but anyway, enough said.

I do think Chelsea will come good again under their 80s Baddie manager as they have too many good players who have played together for a long time.

I understand the lack of trust in them, and I have to admit I thought we were about to crumble in that second half.  I also think it wasn't necessarily our game management, but Chelsea's lack of structure that meant they eventually dropped away in the second half.

But Liverpool are a good team.

Lovren was good tonight.  I do think his starting position was wrong at one point in that second half when Costa was free on our left, but he recovered and blocked, which was great.  But I am still not convinced.  

I will have to whisper this on here, but I am not 100% convinced about Clyne.  He hasn't done enough to warrant a big concern, and I do know everyone on here seems to love him, but he worries me at times.

Origi is a great player, and I was glad when he came on (though I'd have understood it if Klopp had have left it).  But he didn't get into it with his usual power.

Hendo was fantastic even before the goal (I was made up he had a pop about 20 mins earlier than his goal).  He was caught out a little bit by the blindside run for their goal.  But overall, a great captain's performance.

Overall a great performance from a very good team.  And I loved Klopp at the end.  Like I always do.

• Upvote 3

I need to see a good solid run of dismantling the shite teams with ease before I can put hope in this team doing anything in the league.

Beating Chelsea doesn't surprise me, nor did losing to Burnley. Consistenly racking up points against the Burnleys of the league is what makes teams finish high up the table.

• Upvote 2

I need to see a good solid run of dismantling the shite teams with ease before I can put hope in this team doing anything in the league.

Beating Chelsea doesn't surprise me, nor did losing to Burnley. Consistenly racking up points against the Burnleys of the league is what makes teams finish high up the table.

You are living up to your name here. 'Mr Grinch,the man who stole the joy from football.'

• Upvote 1

You are living up to your name here. 'Mr Grinch,the man who stole the joy from football.'

I think its only natural after what we've seen from this team.

One things for sure. If Klopp can start putting the shite of the league in their place, then we're well ahead of where we should be in his time here.

He's shown that we can beat anyone anywhere.

• Upvote 1

Spot on Grinch. Hull and Swansea next and they're are exactly the sort of games we screw up. 6 points from those and we can start to feel very excited about this season but nobody would be surprised if we fail in one, if not both games. That's not taking anything away from games like last night, everyone enjoys it but it doesn't mean that much if we can't follow it up.

I think it's as much about breaking teams down as it is the players mentality. They know what to do against the better teams but they need to show more in the games we're expected to win.

• Upvote 1

Top, top result. It's amazing how well the midfield is playing. A trio of Hendo, Gini and Lallana makes absolutely no sense on paper yet they've now gotten the better of Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

Shows there is more than one way of building a coherent midfield. They're proving a lot of people wrong, including myself.

It is working well but it's early days and our lack of naturally defence minded midfielders could cost us, when concentration drops off when we're cruising, as it did in the second half when they got their goal.

Conte stinks a little of van Gaal. Prior to his appointment, everyone licking his nuts because of the results he got at an international tournament playing an extremely pragmatic brand of football. Tonight, he decided to set Chelsea up to sit back against us in the first half and saw them get played off the park. His reaction to watching that was to make his first sub in the 84th minute. Ridiculous.

His conservative nature and hard-ass disciplinarian style won't amount to much at Chelsea, imo.

He still has John Terry turning the rest of the club and players against him to look forward to.

It shows Klopp knows far more than all the armchair managers do.

• Upvote 2

It is working well but it's early days and our lack of naturally defence minded midfielders could cost us, when concentration drops off when we're cruising, as it did in the second half when they got their goal.

Yeah, we need to put in people like Kante or Matic or preferably both to make sure we will concede no goals. Oh wait.

It shows Klopp knows far more than all the armchair managers do.

Agreed.

And our midfield is missing Emre Can,who I am a fan of.

Lets put things into perspective here,we have gone from a team who couldnt beat the likes of Palace at home to one who can now beat City,Arsenal and Chelsea home or away and even embarrass Barca in a high profile friendly. Not forgetting two cup finals where we shouldnt have been anywhere near. All this in less than a year.

Klopp is the real deal but we are still a work in progress so there is more to come.

We are now back up with the big teams in the PL and will be feared by whoever we play.