You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (A), 8pm, 16/09/16, Friday Night Lights

Trumo

If Pogba smashed in a goal like Henderson's last night with Tyler on commentary they would still be cleaning the jizz out of the comms box....Pogbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss THAT IS WHAT 90m GETS YOU.....Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeesssss..

I assume Hendersons goal is showing every 3 mins on Sky sports news as well as it would be if it was Pogba and comparing it to other goals asking if it is the best goal in the history of footy scored on a friday night in London or some shite..

Pogba warming up on the touchline would elicit more of a reaction from Tyler.

I love it when people start getting carried away about us winning the league. Better than the arguing and negativity that we usually get. Leave them be - let them get carried away and excited it's good for the soul.

61716279.jpg

If Pogba smashed in a goal like Henderson's last night with Tyler on commentary they would still be cleaning the jizz out of the comms box....Pogbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss THAT IS WHAT 90m GETS YOU.....Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeesssss..

I assume Hendersons goal is showing every 3 mins on Sky sports news as well as it would be if it was Pogba and comparing it to other goals asking if it is the best goal in the history of footy scored on a friday night in London or some shite..

I'm okay with that. I do think the commentators (including Martin Tyler) try to play to the hype a bit... to help promote the "BPL" brand. Being under the radar suits us I reckon.

I think migs is toast soon as Karius is fit.

Mig did ok last night. I shit myself when they pass back to him mind. He fucks about trying to get the ball out from under his feet and then slices it into touch, usually just as the attacker is right on top of him. Mig just isn't good at distribution either kicking or throwing and he is prone to flap under a hanging ball . One of the poorer premiership keepers but in all fairness he has had a ropey defence in front of him for several years . Karius is going to get his chance to show he can do better but I hope Mig sticks around as back up . He,s massively better than the likes of Jones and Bogdan that we have had to endure on occasions

• Upvote 1

I think migs is toast soon as Karius is fit.

I have a feeling Karius will start the league cup game, and if he plays well will get the following league game. Regardless what happens the genuine competition for his place should push Mig on to a higher level.

We're in the mix this year

Us and City

I think we'll do it

I was completely smashed when I wrote this last night

And today, with a hangover from hell, I feel exactly the same

Fuck this pessimism shit

I enjoy being excited and optimistic, it's good for the soul

I'm fully on board the 'this is our year' train

Mig did ok last night. I shit myself when they pass back to him mind. He fucks about trying to get the ball out from under his feet and then slices it into touch, usually just as the attacker is right on top of him. Mig just isn't good at distribution either kicking or throwing and he is prone to flap under a hanging ball . One of the poorer premiership keepers but in all fairness he has had a ropey defence in front of him for several years . Karius is going to get his chance to show he can do better but I hope Mig sticks around as back up . He,s massively better than the likes of Jones and Bogdan that we have had to endure on occasions

He hangs onto it when we need to attack quickly and he lashes it out when we don't.  His decision-making stinks.  At one point last night (I think it was still at 2-0) Sturridge had to tell him not to throw it out quickly.  I'd like to have the confidence that our keeper had the intelligence and good judgement not to need strikers telling him what to do.

• Upvote 1

According to some hack called tweedale writing for telegraph sport on last night's game, chelsea were not just poor, they were very, very poor. Of course, he's taking nothing away from klopp's team, just leading with the very, very poor comment.

These twats really do my fucking head in. Why cant they just admit that a team built by some russian billionaire was made to look 'very, very poor' becaus eLiverpool were not just good, but very, very good?

Watching the game last night, i was very impressed with our performance. it was obvious in the first 15 minutes who the better team was and who looked more likely to score. And it wasnt the home side funded by a russian gangster either.

Even if you're a doubter, this team could really go somewhere under Klopp. The only fly in the oinment is that the other oil lottery winners really do have money to burn.

According to some hack called tweedale writing for telegraph sport on last night's game, chelsea were not just poor, they were very, very poor. Of course, he's taking nothing away from klopp's team, just leading with the very, very poor comment.

These twats really do my fucking head in. Why cant they just admit that a team built by some russian billionaire was made to look 'very, very poor' becaus eLiverpool were not just good, but very, very good?

Watching the game last night, i was very impressed with our performance. it was obvious in the first 15 minutes who the better team was and who looked more likely to score. And it wasnt the home side funded by a russian gangster either.

Even if you're a doubter, this team could really go somewhere under Klopp. The only fly in the oinment is that the other oil lottery winners really do have money to burn.

They did look pretty crap to be fair.

Seriously!?

In the first half he came out for a punch and completely missed the ball. Again. He fannied around with the ball and put himself under pressure when he could have punted it long but no, he has to think about it and ended up sticking it into touch. klopp was raging on the touchline only marginally more than me in my armchair!

Ive had enough of mignolet. He's fucking slow and had his chance as far as Im concerned. He  shows no sign of improvement. The sad thing about it is Klopp will probably wait until he costs us a game before giving Karius his chance.

• Upvote 1

Seriously!?

In the first half he came out for a punch and completely missed the ball. Again. He fannied around with the ball and put himself under pressure when he could have punted it long but no, he has to think about it and ended up sticking it into touch. klopp was raging on the touchline only marginally more than me in my armchair!

Ive had enough of mignolet. He's fucking slow and had his chance as far as Im concerned. He shows no sign of improvement. The sad thing about it is Klopp will probably wait until he costs us a game before giving Karius his chance.

That's generally what happens before you get dropped.

I've no doubt Klopp can, and will, be ruthless if he thinks it's for the best. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out with Mignolet and Karius. Generally I'd go with the man in possession of the shirt until he shows me he should be dropped, but Klopp might want to put Karius in there right away.

I saw a few signs that Mignolet is doing a bit better. He came and punched a few times and he looks like he's really doing his best to stay in the team. We just had two very good wins so personally I'd resist changing it just yet, though I'd start Karius in the League Cup so he can get going again after his injury.

I do think it's only a matter of time before Karius is cemented as no.1 but while we are winning I'd leave well alone.