Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 789 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

208 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?



Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

 

A decade in which Tony Blair's three successors as leader have failed to win three general elections, you mean?

Two of those successors were watered down versions of Blair and continued the trend of Labour’s declining GE vote share that began under Blair and was only reversed by a democratic Socialist.

 

Tony Blair today is almost universally seen as the embodiment of all that is venal, corrupt, dishonest and distant in British politics. 

 

Rolf Harris played Glastonbury in the 90s; that doesn't mean he'd be a hit there today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Tony Blair today is almost universally seen as the embodiment of all that is venal, corrupt, dishonest and distant in British politics. 

 

That sounds like the sort of claim that requires supporting evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't think England is as irredeemably  Tory as you think.

I think the key battle ground are irredeemably centrist but if nobody occupies the middle ground, they would prefer a right wing tory government than a left wing labour one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Brexit will hit the poorest people hardest. Corbyn, at the very least, doesn’t oppose it. 

Rico, champion of the poor. Tory voting, Referendum agreeing Rico, voting to 'look after himself', champion of the poor. 

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Rico, champion of the poor. Tory voting, Referendum agreeing Rico, voting to 'look after himself', champion of the poor. 

 

 

What are you on about?  I voted Tory, I’m absolutely against Brexit (but you know that) and I’m not the champion of anyone. That’s your mate. You spout off in the Brexit thread that it’s an unmitigated disaster then trot out the ‘it’s what conference voted for’ bollocks.  You are the one twisting all over the shop.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What are you on about?  I voted Tory, I’m absolutely against Brexit (but you know that) and I’m not the champion of anyone. That’s your mate. You spout off in the Brexit thread that it’s an unmitigated disaster then trot out the ‘it’s what conference voted for’ bollocks.  You are the one twisting all over the shop.  

 

Too late Rico. You voted Tory once and are therefore responsible for everything the Tories do from now until the heat death of the universe.

 

Obviously this perpetual can-carrying does not apply to anyone who voted Labour in the 90s/00s wrt the Iraq War, PFI, invasive surveillance, the collapse of our entire financial system etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aren't trying to blame the Tories for the Iraq War though are we because they were in opposition at the time.

 

Anyway , what's the collective term for twats ?

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sir roger said:

We aren't trying to blame the Tories for the Iraq War though are we because they were in opposition at the time.

 

Anyway , what's the collective term for twats ?

 

 

Momentum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

You seem obsessed about Momentum , nobody on here even mentions them except you.

Do I?  Not sure I’ve mentioned them more than a few times.   Seem like ERG to me, nutcases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

What are you on about?  I voted Tory, I’m absolutely against Brexit (but you know that) and I’m not the champion of anyone. That’s your mate. You spout off in the Brexit thread that it’s an unmitigated disaster then trot out the ‘it’s what conference voted for’ bollocks.  You are the one twisting all over the shop.  

I think you must have quoted the wrong person. My mate? I'm one of the few on here on the left that regularly hits out at Corbyn. Then the conference stuff... yeah, must have been for somebody else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

 

That sounds like the sort of claim that requires supporting evidence.

Whenever he crops up on the telly, have you ever heard anyone say "Waddaguy! He's who we need right now"?

 

Or is the response more likely to be "Fucking hell, not this cunt again"?

 

I think the fact that the only person on here flying the flag for the war criminal is someone who would happily see the Labour Party crash and burn tells its own story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

 I voted Tory, I’m absolutely against Brexit 

Not "absolutely".

 

If you were absolutely against Brexit, you wouldn't have voted for the only party to put it on the table. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Whenever he crops up on the telly, have you ever heard anyone say "Waddaguy! He's who we need right now"?

 

Or is the response more likely to be "Fucking hell, not this cunt again"?

 

I think the fact that the only person on here flying the flag for the war criminal is someone who would happily see the Labour Party crash and burn tells its own story.

 

I've no doubt that he's unpopular with a great many people. But you are wildly exaggerating when you say it's "almost universal".

 

I think you're a bit confused too if you think I'm flying the flag for Blair. The last thing I want is to see him return. I was just pointing out that he would wipe the floor with Boris Johnson in an election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

 

I've no doubt that he's unpopular with a great many people. But you are wildly exaggerating when you say it's "almost universal".

 

I think you're a bit confused too if you think I'm flying the flag for Blair. The last thing I want is to see him return. I was just pointing out that he would wipe the floor with Boris Johnson in an election. 

Blair would? Tony Blair? I knew you were thick but fuck me thats beyond the pale 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

 

I was just pointing out that he would wipe the floor with Boris Johnson in an election. 

That hypothesis is as baseless and as unlikely to be tested as my hypothesis that no he fucking wouldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2019 at 23:41, Sixtimes Dog said:

 

I think you're a bit confused too if you think I'm flying the flag for Blair. The last thing I want is to see him return. I was just pointing out that he would wipe the floor with Boris Johnson in an election. 

I was in draft mode, I thought you meant peak Tony Blair! but you honestly think that 2019 Tony Blair could win an election, without media support and on a remain platform?

 

it would be almost as big a wipeout as Clegg in 2015!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one perspective. Here's Jeremy Hunt with another..

 

“When I went to Auschwitz I rather complacently said to myself, ‘thank goodness we don’t have to worry about that kind of thing in the UK’ and now I find myself faced with the leader of Labour who has opened the door to antisemitism”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

That's one perspective. Here's Jeremy Hunt with another..

 

“When I went to Auschwitz I rather complacently said to myself, ‘thank goodness we don’t have to worry about that kind of thing in the UK’ and now I find myself faced with the leader of Labour who has opened the door to antisemitism”

Beyond the pale 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

That's one perspective. Here's Jeremy Hunt with another..

 

“When I went to Auschwitz I rather complacently said to myself, ‘thank goodness we don’t have to worry about that kind of thing in the UK’ and now I find myself faced with the leader of Labour who has opened the door to antisemitism”

 

He should fuck off to Yemen for a bit to see what that's like, horrible cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×