You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

It’s great being smarter than you, it means your condescending bollocks is funny as fuck. Maybe stop posting ignorant nonsense, things will go a little more smoothly and you won’t look quite so stupid.

You are indeed smarter than me but you did accuse me of making a sweeping statement by, you know, making a sweeping statement. 

Come on now, Strontium. I would like to sincerely apologise for calling you a Tory voting cunt; you’re probably not in real life, but you have been acting a bit like one, so I am sorry for that. But out of order perhaps.

I do however have to say that your refusal to answer my very simple question is making you look a bit silly, almost as though you know that by answering it, you’ll have admitted that you’ve been wrong about all of this.

So let’s give it another try: when has Corbyn ever said or done anything which can be classed as anti Jewish and NOT anti-Zionist? I’m genuinely interested to know.

I appreciate the more conciliatory tone, but I already said why I thought that what Corbyn said was anti-Jewish, and I cited a bunch of people who are staunch defenders and supporters of him who agreed that he crossed a line there.

There are plenty of dishonest people claiming that every word Corbyn says is anti-Semitic.

No there aren't. There are plenty of people offering very measured criticism of some of the things he has said, and where what he says has several competing interpretations, they're unwilling to give him the benefit of the doubt because he routinely hangs out with people who want to commit genocide against the Jewish people. Simple as that, really.

If Corbyn wants to be taken seriously on anti-semitism, if he wants the people who have been on the arse-end of this kind of thing for literally thousands of years to trust him, then he needs to stop legitimising people who really are unambiguous racists.

I appreciate the more conciliatory tone, but I already said why I thought that what Corbyn said was anti-Jewish, and I cited a bunch of people who are staunch defenders and supporters of him who agreed that he crossed a line there.

You know the group of people he described as "Zionists" - wouldn't they also describe themselves as Zionists, because, y'know, they believe in Zionism?

I find that article disturbing. I don’t know if he’s credible or just telling outright lies like in the rest of his article. But I’ll take it on good faith.

The article is spot on and true.

Anyway, now the Jewish target of Corbyn's "English irony" comment has outed himself, confirming that Corbyn knew he was Jewish:

The complaint comes as the blogger Mr Corbyn claimed 'didn't understand British irony', Richard Millett, told MailOnline he knew him at the time and was aware he was Jewish.

In an exclusive video message, Mr Millett, 50, said that he and Corbyn 'mixed in the same circles' as they were both involved with the same television station.

'Corbyn knew me to say hello to me,' he said. 'It's not like I was a stranger. He read my blog. He knew that I was British and Jewish. He was targeting me.'

Mr Corbyn presented a regular programme on Press TV, the Iranian government's mouthpiece, when he made the remarks in 2013.

Mr Millett was a commentator for the same channel, providing a rare pro-Israel perspective in the face of the channel's pro-Palestinian editorial views.

'Corbyn knew exactly what he was saying and who he was saying it to,' he said. 'That's what made it all the more hurtful and anti-Semitic.'

Incidentally, far from needing to learn some history, it turns out that Mr Millett has a Masters in Near and Middle Eastern Studies from SOAS. I reckon that probably trumps Corbyn's Es at A-Level, but who knows in these post-truth times.

Well I am also glad about the more conciliatory tone. It is such an important and incendiary issue that I admit to having become very wound up very quickly, which was ungentlemanly and very silly really.

In the spirit of coming together and finding common ground, I propose we play a fun little game: who said the quote, Jeremy Corbyn or Adolf Hitler? We give each other a quote which proves beyond doubt the speaker’s genuine hatred of Jews, and we each have to guess who said it, Corbyn or Hitler! I’ll start things off. Round one, here we go (no googling now!!!):

“The Jew has always been a people with definite racial characteristics and never a religion.”

Was that -

a) Jeremy Corbyn, giant marrow grower and lifelong anti-racism campaigner, or

b) Adolf Hitler, genocidal megalomaniac and monobollocked actual hater of Jews?

Take your time now!

Truth? The same sort of truth where you take something somebody said and instead of taking it for it’s actual meaning, you apply your own meaning to it and then reprimand somebody for it. If that’s the new truth, I’m out.

Scrap that, I’m back in again. I’m going to take what some say in here about Israel and say what they really mean, then I’m going to call them out for it.

Utterly reprehensible.

• Upvote 1

Well I am also glad about the more conciliatory tone. It is such an important and incendiary issue that I admit to having become very wound up very quickly, which was ungentlemanly and very silly really.

In the spirit of coming together and finding common ground, I propose we play a fun little game: who said the quote, Jeremy Corbyn or Adolf Hitler? We give each other a quote which proves beyond doubt the speaker’s genuine hatred of Jews, and we each have to guess who said it, Corbyn or Hitler! I’ll start things off. Round one, here we go (no googling now!!!):

“The Jew has always been a people with definite racial characteristics and never a religion.”

Was that -

a) Jeremy Corbyn, giant marrow grower and lifelong anti-racism campaigner, or

B) Adolf Hitler, genocidal megalomaniac and monobollocked actual hater of Jews?

Take your time now!

This quiz is far too simple. Hitler was consciously antisemitic, and thought nothing of making overtly antisemitic statements.

A better quiz would be "Who said it - Hitler, or someone Corbyn shared a platform with?"

This quiz is far too simple. Hitler was consciously antisemitic, and thought nothing of making overtly antisemitic statements.

A better quiz would be "Who said it - Hitler, or someone Corbyn shared a platform with?"

This ‘shared a platform’ thing is really quite tiresome. This guilt by association being pushed is tiresome. Going somewhere and talking about peace doesn’t make you a terrorist sympathiser, an anti-Semite, or anything.

If that’s the way we are to act from now on, people are in big trouble. For example, your support and promotion of those preaching gay hatred, and those sharing platforms with racists, and those supporting fraudsters, has got to be up for discussion. As a member of the LGBT community, I’m frightened by it.

It’s silly, mate. I wish there could be a sensible discussion about this without the slurs and accusations and desperation to make out that every word and action is a signifier that he is a ‘whatever’.

This is so bloody frastrating. The standard would be so much higher for any other guy with any other subject.

Sorry Strontium, wrong! The answer was b - Adolf Hitler! Sorry!

Your turn now! Give me a quote from either Jeremy Corbyn or Hitler which clearly proves their hatred of the Jews and let me see if I can figure out who said it. Go! (*Remember to translate it from German if it’s a Hitler quote so that it’s not obvious.)

This ‘shared a platform’ thing is really quite tiresome. This guilt by association being pushed is tiresome. Going somewhere and talking about peace doesn’t make you a terrorist sympathiser, an anti-Semite, or anything.

It's more than that, though, isn't it. He has invited these people to tea at the Houses of Parliament. He has praised murderers as men of peace. He has sat through dozens of overtly antisemitic speeches at these events for Palestine obsessives, and never reprimanded anyone. He has been on Press TV and actively advanced false conspiracy theories about Israel.

If this guy was anything other than who he is, people would come down on him like a tonne of bricks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry Strontium, wrong! The answer was b - Adolf Hitler! Sorry!

Your turn now! Give me a quote from either Jeremy Corbyn or Hitler which clearly proves their hatred of the Jews and let me see if I can figure out who said it. Go! (*Remember to translate it from German if it’s a Hitler quote so that it’s not obvious.)

Y'know, Hitler shouldn't be the benchmark. Proving that someone is less anti-Semitic than Hitler isn't the same as proving that they're not anti-Semitic.
  • Upvote 1

No there aren't. There are plenty of people offering very measured criticism of some of the things he has said, and where what he says has several competing interpretations, they're unwilling to give him the benefit of the doubt because he routinely hangs out with people who want to commit genocide against the Jewish people. Simple as that, really.

If Corbyn wants to be taken seriously on anti-semitism, if he wants the people who have been on the arse-end of this kind of thing for literally thousands of years to trust him, then he needs to stop legitimising people who really are unambiguous racists.

Bibi likes this

You are indeed smarter than me but you did accuse me of making a sweeping statement by, you know, making a sweeping statement.

He’s smarter than all of us, that’s obvious. Just a bit fucking mard, he’ll have another flounce soon. I think he has the TLW record for dummy spitting.

It’s a shame that I’m having to explain this as I thought what I was doing was quite clear, but the reason I was using Hitler as an example was to underline the sheer bloody ridiculousness of the idea that Corbyn is an actual hater of Jews by using the most ridiculous example possible.

Also, I’m still waiting to read one quote by Strontium Dog or anyone else for that matter which shows Jeremy Corbyn being in any way, shape or form an active hater of Jews.

By the way, the Queen once shared a platform with Martin McGuinness. Does that also means she’s a terrorist sympathiser who wants a united Ireland?

He’s smarter than all of us, that’s obvious. Just a bit fucking mard, he’ll have another flounce soon. I think he has the TLW record for dummy spitting.

Another flounce would mean I've flounced before. Stop listening uncritically to other people, then repeating what they say without thinking about it. I might change my name again, though, this time to 'Rico's sore finger' in honour of the poor battering your finger is getting from continual clicking on 'view post'. Silly billy.

We should think ourselves lucky, getting all his wisdom for free. He normally charges over £600 a day

It's more than that, though, isn't it. He has invited these people to tea at the Houses of Parliament. He has praised murderers as men of peace. He has sat through dozens of overtly antisemitic speeches at these events for Palestine obsessives, and never reprimanded anyone. He has been on Press TV and actively advanced false conspiracy theories about Israel.

If this guy was anything other than who he is, people would come down on him like a tonne of bricks.

He's repping his own posts now.

It’s a shame that I’m having to explain this as I thought what I was doing was quite clear, but the reason I was using Hitler as an example was to underline the sheer bloody ridiculousness of the idea that Corbyn is an actual hater of Jews by using the most ridiculous example possible.

Also, I’m still waiting to read one quote by Strontium Dog or anyone else for that matter which shows Jeremy Corbyn being in any way, shape or form an active hater of Jews.

By the way, the Queen once shared a platform with Martin McGuinness. Does that also means she’s a terrorist sympathiser who wants a united Ireland?

No, it means she’s the Head or State and was apparently a bit pissed off due to the uncle situation.

It comes back to the fact JC had no agency when meeting these terrorists. He was a fringe, back bench MP who had no contact with Israel. What’s he offering?