You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

You are utterly unbelievable!

Corbyn's comments here are transparently antisemitic, they don't make sense any other way, for instance if he was referring to non-Jewish Zionists.

Let's use Tony Blair as an example of such: "Blair has lived here his whole life and doesn't understand English irony". That comment would make no sense. It only makes sense when directed at "alien" Zionists, ie Jewish ones.

giphy.gif

For me, I’m fairly well tuned to when stronts is being deliberately provocative, and when he genuinely is offended about something. I am happy to push back on the former. The latter I think should be given the credit of doing a bit of digging. I’m waiting for the names of those he mentioned, then I’ll reply.

Now footage is coming out of him saying that Jews have no connection whatsoever to Israel? 

Where is this?

And while we're at it, where is footage of more than 44 seconds of the 2013 speech (since what he says in that 44 seconds doesn't make much sense out of context)?  

Her mum really liked me though. Make me chicken soup and special breads and all. Not sure where either of them stood on trains.

The mum sounds a proper wrong un. I'm not convinced. Breads not enough for me, I'm still 100% in the old man's camp.

From the small piece of video available it seems that a small band of Israel supporters ( Jews / Non-Jews - who knows ? ) upbraided the Palestinian Ambassador after his speech and tried to explain Palestinian history to him which is where Corbyn's mention of irony came from.

Don't understand the Chakrabati report being dragged up by numerous anti-Corbyn commentators concerning her warnings about using the

term ' Zionist / Zionism ', as we are back to Marty McCorbyn again being judged on comments made 3 years before the report was published.

From the small piece of video available it seems that a small band of Israel supporters ( Jews / Non-Jews - who knows ? ) upbraided the Palestinian Ambassador after his speech and tried to explain Palestinian history to him which is where Corbyn's mention of irony came from.

Don't understand the Chakrabati report being dragged up by numerous anti-Corbyn commentators concerning her warnings about using the

term ' Zionist / Zionism ', as we are back to Marty McCorbyn again being judged on comments made 3 years before the report was published.

Chakrabarti warns against using "Zionist" as a code for "Jewish".  Even from the 44 seconds of video available, it's absolutely clear that Corbyn isn't doing that; he's using "Zionist" to describe Zionists.

You are utterly unbelievable!

Corbyn's comments here are transparently antisemitic, they don't make sense any other way, for instance if he was referring to non-Jewish Zionists.

Let's use Tony Blair as an example of such: "Blair has lived here his whole life and doesn't understand English irony". That comment would make no sense. It only makes sense when directed at "alien" Zionists, ie Jewish ones.

Fucksake!  Turns out that this piss-poor attempt at a Blair analogy isn't just bullshit - it's plagiarised bullshit.

https://engageonline.wordpress.com/2018/08/23/corbyn-to-zionists-even-if-youve-lived-here-all-your-life-you-dont-get-the-english/

Here's someone putting that facile, flaccid argument in its box.

https://twitter.com/jsternweiner/status/1033040864422113280

Put some fucking effort in, Stronts.  You're meant to be a sceptical rationalist. Nullius in verba. You're letting yourself down.

Alright, so I'm going to reflect and look into this entire ordeal after a quick run. However, could you please give me the names of all the Zionists who were there and some proof that those were the ones who were there please. Not that it matters if they were Jews, but I'd like to know.

I don't have a list of names, I just know they were all Jews.

Have you got any links to this footage?

The whole piece and not just a segment as context is everything.

I've only seen the clip that is everywhere. The "context" is that he was speaking at an event with a bunch of antisemites.

David Schneider has been quoted in this thread as voice of reason. Here’s his take;

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1033045924895965184?s=21

You're usually on solid ground when Schneider agrees with you.

Also agreeing with my interpretation (apart from the usual suspects): Simon Hattenstone, George Monbiot, David Baddiel, Maajid Nawaz, Eddie Marsan.

Meanwhile, joining Nick Griffin in support of Corbyn is David Duke.

Time to pick a side, folks...

Strontium Dog, let’s cut through the crap to illustrate the essential point: is being an anti-Zionist the same as being anti-Jewish? Please give me a straight, one word answer here. Just to save boring the actual tits out of everyone anymore with your prevaricative fucking bollocks. Yes or no.

You're usually on solid ground when Schneider agrees with you.

Also agreeing with my interpretation (apart from the usual suspects): Simon Hattenstone, George Monbiot, David Baddiel, Maajid Nawaz, Eddie Marsan.

Meanwhile, joining Nick Griffin in support of Corbyn is David Duke.

Time to pick a side, folks...

Wrong.

Griffin and Duke are supporting the Daily Heil's utterly false version of what Corbyn said. They're buying the same lie that you are.

Pick a fucking side.

I don't have a list of names, I just know they were all Jews.

I've only seen the clip that is everywhere. The "context" is that he was speaking at an event with a bunch of antisemites.

OK.

Do you have names of the "bunch of anti-Semites" and evidence of their anti-Semitism?

Strontium Dog, let’s cut through the crap to illustrate the essential point: is being an anti-Zionist the same as being anti-Jewish?

Not necessarily. Nobody ever said it was.

Although I'm a bit suss of anyone who says they don't hate Jews, but doesn't want them to have anywhere to live.

“Not necessarily.” So you’re prepared to believe that Corbyn, a life long and proven anti racist, is “necessarily” a hater of Jews along the lines of Hitler, as opposed to someone who quite sensibly questions the murderous expansionism of Israel? Answer THAT question, you disingenuous, Tory voting cunt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

“Not necessarily.” So you’re prepared to believe that Corbyn, a life long and proven anti racist, is “necessarily” a hater of Jews along the lines of Hitler, as opposed to someone who quite sensibly questions the murderous expansionism of Israel? Answer THAT question, you disingenuous, Tory voting cunt.

Who the fuck are you, you witless smear of shit?

Fuck off.