You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

If I was having a drink with Corbyn and said something anti-Semitic he’d finish his drink and tell me to fuck off. If I said something around Israel’s domestic and foreign policy he’d engage.

They are not the same thing, and I have zero time for anyone trying to trick me into thinking they are. Save your breath, wanker.

Very few people think they are the same thing, it's just convenient for Zionists and anti-Semites to conflate them.

The bloke who advocated killing everyone who disagrees with him is fine though, harmless.

Hades does seem to have mellowed and calmed down a bit, and people are welcome to change their views.

What kills forum is the jackhammer style repeated posting of the same arguments from across the spectrum.

There used to be a special school near us, and the class was split in 2, 1 week group A would build boxes and then group B would disassemble them, the next week they would swap around, they were always using the same bits of wood to build the same boxes.

Posts on here can sometimes comes across as the "intelligent" equivalent of this, and its a chronic waste of bytes, doesn't really achieve anything, and bores the shit out of the onlookers

• Upvote 1

It was reportedly the case in 2015 when he was running for the leadership, it's entirely possible (EDIT: absolutely clear) that his website has been revamped in the interim.

Leaving aside the *cough* credibility of the site and the author (Pulitzer Prize winner, Alan A), and the utter state of the ‘report’, which is two sentences of nothing with no details or explaination, I think this is a really poor show.

Luckily we have the benefit of the Wayback Machine. We can see from that just how much his site was a hive of Israel obsession. Which is to say... not at all.

It’s so incredibly disingenuous, inaccurate, out of date, and just plain silly. I’d walk it back as quickly as I possibly could. It seems like yet another dirty trick in a long line of dirty tricks from sites like that.

Their fully costed manifesto did not commit to ending the benefit freeze, and Thornberry admitted it would continue.

Not committing or, in this case, even mentioning something isn’t supporting it. That’s obvious. As I said, that Thornberry chunter was walked back pretty sharpish. I remember this because I criticised his lack of clarity and leadership on it. It is strange to hear you, as somebody who has argued against the profligate spending of Labour, and lottery scratch card buying benefits recipients that ‘you’ pay for, to criticise him from that particular angle. Especially after arguing in favour of the cuts that we should have thanked you for as they ‘saved the country’.

Rather than supporting a freeze, I think a more genuine concern would be that he goes so far the other way, the big commie beaut.

To be clear, the only claim I have made is that he met the guy, which is a fact. It's the simple fact of appearing alongside the guy, in conjunction with the dozens of other unsavoury characters he's appeared alongside, which I am bemoaning.

I don’t think it is a fact and I don’t think that’s all you claimed. Firstly, it’s not a fact that he met him, as fair as I can see. That only evidence shows that somebody, who I can’t verify as being anybody in particular, was standing behind him at some point. Secondly, you claimed he was his cohort and that his cohort was a terrorist.

But rather than hold you to the accuracy of that, it’s much more important to know why and in what circumstances somebody is meeting with, or even just in the approximate vicinity of somebody else.

If your point is that he shouldn’t ever be around, speak with, or engage with those some might find unpalatable, then that’s fine. Although not one I share, it’s a legitimate position. I hope you’re consistent in that view. But it’s not the way a lot of people see the path to peace; it’s surely a legitimate view that you need to, as they did with Ireland, engage with people to put an end to hostilities. Nuance really is important here.

• Upvote 1

Now that everyone's worn themselves out bashing that straw man, here's an article about what Margaret Hodge actually said.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2018/08/everyone-getting-very-excited-about-something-margaret-hodge-didn-t

Nope. It's still a fucking terrible thing that she said. Must keep a suitcase ready in case you are pulled up for being a mouthy cunt? Not having it.

It all goes back to Israel and their purchasing of politicians. The mask has well and truly slipped and people have finally had enough. Fuck her. She should be removed from the Labour party.

If correcting misconceptions with facts constitutes a "defence", so be it.

As if I don't have better things to do with my time than defending Labour MPs. But correcting errors is in my DNA, unfortunately.

Seemingly only when it suits you...

Those are questions for his DEFENDERS to answer. The onus is on them.

Nope. It's still a fucking terrible thing that she said. Must keep a suitcase ready in case you are pulled up for being a mouthy cunt? Not having it.

Not what she said is it, you utter halfwit.

Like all diaspora Jews, Hodge knows deep in her heart that it's only a matter of time before she or her descendants will have to flee again.