You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

It’s obvious that you weren’t correcting anything, just a twisted attempt to defend the indefensible. Disgusting, in my view. The very idea that you’re correcting anything is laughable. That facts haven’t changed. She’s done exactly what is claimed she did. The words she used were slightly different. No misconception, just defence iof disgusting behaviour. Using a fact to paint a false picture is a slimy tactic and one you use a lot.

Not what she said is it, you utter halfwit.

Like all diaspora Jews, Hodge knows deep in her heart that it's only a matter of time before she or her descendants will have to flee again.

From? It won’t be any of the nuclear armed superpowers that would rightly defend her. So who? Jeremy Corbyn by way of a letter?

Despicable.

Like all diaspora Jews, Hodge knows deep in her heart that it's only a matter of time before she or her descendants will have to flee again.

Most people are very sympathetic to the persecution Jewish people have faced throughout history. But that is farfetched that interview was political not emotive. This explains it well.

(1)Margaret Hodge did x3 things in the Sky interview: Compare Corbyn to Trump, Claim too much pro-Palestinian =anti-Semitism and claim Labour-Discipline-reminds-of-Nazis. It was a political interview aimed at undermining Labour's leadership. It was also a total failure

Solomon Hughes

@SolHughesWriter

·

1h

1h

(2)To claim it was driven just by 'feelings' seems totally unconvincing (because of the x3 claims). It was a failure, becuase like so many other anti-Corbyn things it descended into ridiculous over-reach. They always push too hard on the lever so it breaks

Show this thread

Solomon Hughes

Solomon Hughes

@SolHughesWriter

(3) Why always over-reach ? Partly, having spent years saying Labour's rank & file are 'deluded Corbynistas', listening instead to supportive, media circles, they can't judge what is ridiculous. Then the apparent power of the media to make them big just magnifies the daftness

Show this thread

Solomon Hughes

Solomon Hughes

@SolHughesWriter

·

It’s obvious that you weren’t correcting anything, just a twisted attempt to defend the indefensible. Disgusting, in my view. The very idea that you’re correcting anything is laughable. That facts haven’t changed. She’s done exactly what is claimed she did. The words she used were slightly different. No misconception, just defence iof disgusting behaviour. Using a fact to paint a false picture is a slimy tactic and one you use a lot.

I'm sorry you feel that Hodge's honest gut fears in that situation were disgusting. Evidently we're at the stage now where minorities can be told that their feelings are invalid, which will be interesting going forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm sorry you feel that Hodge's honest gut fears in that situation were disgusting. Evidently we're at the stage now where minorities can be told that their feelings are invalid, which will be interesting going forward.

Far be it from you to defend a Labour politician, eh. As I say, incredibly slimy. Fortunately, very transparent. No doubt the letterbox clunked like a suitcase clasp or a shower door.

You’re right, I think it’s despicable. Not your twisted tale of woe above, but her barely opaque attempt to use fear of the Holocaust to lay political blows on her opponent. At best it’s crass, in truth it’s vile. It’s spitting on the graves of victims of the worst atrocity in history. It’s shameful stuff.

You haven’t yet answered my question, though I’m sure you will, regarding who she has to be frightened of. Who her and her ancestors, and Israel, the US, and the UK, have to be frightened of making her flee from Britain.

Of a Labour Party disciplinary letter? Give over. The whole interview was a calculated political attack.

You’re right, I think it’s despicable. Not your twisted tale of woe above, but her barely opaque attempt to use fear of the Holocaust to lay political blows on her opponent. At best it’s crass, in truth it’s vile. It’s spitting on the graves of victims of the worst atrocity in history. It’s shameful stuff.

I fundamentally disagree with your reading of the situation, and I feel that if you're going to claim she is lying about how she felt, you ought to offer some evidence.

You haven’t yet answered my question, though I’m sure you will, regarding who she has to be frightened of. Who her and her ancestors, and Israel, the US, and the UK, have to be frightened of making her flee from Britain.

Given what has happened throughout history, a more accurate question would be: who shouldn't the Jews be scared of? There's barely a civilisation on the planet that doesn't have Jewish blood on its hands.

I fundamentally disagree with your reading of the situation, and I feel that if you're going to claim she is lying about how she felt, you ought to offer some evidence.

Given what has happened throughout history, a more accurate question would be: who shouldn't the Jews be scared of? There's barely a civilisation on the planet that doesn't have Jewish blood on its hands.

Have the Jews have been perfect throughout history themselves?

You’re right, we absolutely do have a fundamental disagreement. The evidence is what she said, because the issue is the use of one thing to base fear of another.

Well, this isn’t about historical threats, it’s about future threats. The Jewish people are protected, and rightly so due to the worst kind of persecution, by the most powerful forces in the history of the world. So it begs the question... who is she scared of. I mean, c’mon.

Come on, man. Whatever they did or didn’t do, it’s fairly safe to say the recompense for it wasn’t total annihilation. Some bizarre whatabouttery.

It’s not whatabouttery, it’s a genuine question.

There a large number of Jews who want to wipe the Arabs out, they treat their own countrymen who are Arabs terrible in their Homeland. They want to wipe out the Palestinians. That does not take away what happened in the Holocaust by any stretch. It was horrific to say the very least.

But cunts acting like cunts because cunts having been cunts to them in the past is out of order.

I don’t get how an element of civilisation who offer so much in the world can treat another civilisation in a way their ancestors were treated. It’s mind boggling?

However to point it that they are simply the victim throughout as Stronts has, is wrong. They have done bad shit themselves over the course of history. No civilisation is clean.

It’s not whatabouttery, it’s a genuine question.

I think it clearly is, mate. You’ve illustrated why in your post. It’s all a bit ‘yeah the Jews have had it hard but cunts treating cunts like cunts’. Well, if it’s a genuine question, the answer is no. But you’re talking about Israel, not Jews, in a lot of things you say. Lots of Jews oppose those things.

As for purely being the victim, in the greatest crime of all, they most certainly were just the victims.

I think it clearly is, mate. You’ve illustrated why in your post. It’s all a bit ‘yeah the Jews have had it hard but cunts treating cunts like cunts’. Well, if it’s a genuine question, the answer is no. But you’re talking about Israel, not Jews, in a lot of things you say. Lots of Jews oppose those things.

As for purely being the victim, in the greatest crime of all, they most certainly were just the victims.

I’m talking about an element of the Jewish community. Not all of them are in Israel.

I think you are twisting my point a little here NV. I never said anything other than the Jews are the victims of the Holocaust.

What I was pointing out is that a generation of Jews who didn’t go through that are treating a civilisation (and have been before the Holocaust) in the same way. “Cunts being cunts because cunts treated them like cunts.”

There are millions of Holocaust victims who would not want to treat another race/civilisation like they were treated.

So why do the following generations insist on doing that?

I’m talking about an element of the Jewish community. Not all of them are in Israel.

I think you are twisting my point a little here NV. I never said anything other than the Jews are the victims of the Holocaust.

I was basing off of what SD said, not trying to put words in your mouth, just give my view of what you said.

What I was pointing out is that a generation of Jews who didn’t go through that are treating a civilisation (and have been before the Holocaust) in the same way.

There are millions of Holocaust victims who would not want to treat another race/civilisation like they were treated.

So why do the following generations insist on doing that?

I know the point you’re getting at. I don’t think they are treating anybody the same way, if they wanted to they’d all be dead by now. Also, I don’t think it’s a generation of Jews, but Israel and zionists (who most certainly aren’t all Jews). But I think what you’re saying that I’d agree with is to see a country aimed at housing and protecting those and the decedents of those who suffered terrible crimes of oppression to then oppress others is disturbing. It absolutely is. But it’s not Jews, and we need to be clear on that. Many Jews hate it.

The crimes of Israel are grave. None of that has anything to do with the crimes SD was talking about, but the propensity of some to use those crimes as a defence for the crimes of Israel is grim.

• Upvote 1

I was basing off of what SD said, not trying to put words in your mouth, just give my view of what you said.

I know the point you’re getting at. I don’t think they are treating anybody the same way, if they wanted to they’d all be dead by now. Also, I don’t think it’s a generation of Jews, but Israel and zionists (who most certainly aren’t all Jews). But I think what you’re saying that I’d agree with is to see a country aimed at housing and protecting those and the decedents of those who suffered terrible crimes of oppression to then oppress others is disturbing. It absolutely is. But it’s not Jews, and we need to be clear on that. Many Jews hate it.

I know it’s not all Jews. I’ve seen the street protests in Israel about it.

I’ve tried to articulate that Its an element of Jews (with other factions) in my post but clearly failed.

I’ll let those who have the ability to articulate this better continue the debate as I am wary of how it’s coming across. And my intention is not to come across as some sort of anti Jew. Because that’s not what I am.

I know it’s not all Jews. I’ve seen the street protests in Israel about it.

I’ve tried to articulate that Its an element of Jews (with other factions) in my post but clearly failed.

I’ll let those who have the ability to articulate this better continue the debate as I am wary of how it’s coming across. And my intention is not to come across as some sort of anti Jew. Because that’s not what I am.

I know you’re not mate, I’m trying to make some clear distinctions so that you don’t get called out.

• Upvote 1

It's lucky nobody takes you seriously. Trump levels of madness. Especially considering everyone's favourite hatred these days is the Muslims. I would think Jews are safer than the Muslims, Blacks and Irish combined.

Fuck sake.

It's lucky nobody takes you seriously. Trump levels of madness. Especially considering everyone's favourite hatred these days is the Muslims. I would think Jews are safer than the Muslims, Blacks and Irish combined.

Fuck sake.

You would say that as a black Irish Muslim.