You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League final

Arl arse

Still in Basel. Just about to get train to Paris. Managed to get in 10 minutes before kick off. 190 Swiss Francs. Not bad considering some of the ridiculous prices tickets were going for during the day. That second half was as painful as it gets watching football. Absolute fucking shite. We all knew they had it in them to turn in a performance like that. Such a fucking shame it happened last night as it was a golden opportunity which we've now wasted. People having a go at Klopp on here can fuck off as well. It's s miracle he got us this far

• Upvote 3

Daved nailed it.

Similar to what I intended to post, but I've been in bed until about half an hour ago. Sulking.

We're not a bad team. We're capable of being a very good team. But, we're also capable of totally shitting our kecks and losing all control of the game. Largely down to a lack of spirit, fight and leadership at times.

I've seen a few editorials having a go at Klopp. Saying he needs to add control to his chaos, suggesting his tactics played a part in last night's second half capitulation. I'm not sure I agree entirely. The minute it went 1 each, our players hid. Dropped deeper. Looked terrified to try things with the ball. We just couldn't get out with the ball. That's why that stat about Sturridge's touches in the opposition area was no surprise. He was lazy at times, but had to drop deeper and deeper to get into the game.

It brought me back to the Benitez quote (I think it was him) about having a captain in every area of the pitch. Keeper, defence, midfield, attack. We didn't have that. We had Kolo Touré. No Hyypia or Carragher to settle the back line. No Hamann to win professional free kicks to take the pressure off. No Alonso to put his foot on the all and try and slow the game down a bit while we got our composure back. No Mascherano or Gerrard snapping into tackles and fighting like fuck.

Instead, we had a bunch of average to good players who are prone to bottling it and shitting themselves. They've done it before. They did it again, big time, last night. I'm convinced they'll do it again in the future.

So, while we need good technically gifted players in the team, we also need them to have the right fighting spirit and winning mentality too. While the names we're being linked to are good young players, I fear we're making the same mistakes again. Buying from Empoli and Mainz is not that dissimilar to buying from Villa and Southampton.

We need to sort out the midfield. But we need to buy some proven, top class players with the right experience and mentality. Not young lads from Belgrade. We've got to get the balance right and this transfer window is massive, with the likes of United and Chelsea likely to improve. And Leicester too. West Ham are looking decent too. We could find ourselves in the wilderness if we get things wrong.

Why don't you leave the football talk to the adults and go back to doing what it is you do best? Namely wanking yourself silly over Bodgers you chromosome hoarding fucknut.

Jurgen Klopp is the first manager to lose two major finals in his debut season in England since Avram Grant in 2007/08.

Blame yourself for having to see that, you made me bite.Keep wanking yourself silly over getting to two cup finals, clearly massive progress and its a sign that the glory days are ahead.

• Downvote 5

While the names we're being linked to are good young players, I fear we're making the same mistakes again. Buying from Empoli and Mainz is not that dissimilar to buying from Villa and Southampton.

Good post in the main, but I have to say that I disagree with this.  There is a world of difference between buying player for 5m from Mainz and 10m from Empoli as opposed to 33m from Villa and 25m from Southampton.

Are you trying to say that we should only buy players from Real Madrid and Bayern?  Nothing wrong at all with buying from lower-league or mid-table teams, if the player and the price is right.

• Upvote 1

Daved nailed it.

Similar to what I intended to post, but I've been in bed until about half an hour ago. Sulking.

We're not a bad team. We're capable of being a very good team. But, we're also capable of totally shitting our kecks and losing all control of the game. Largely down to a lack of spirit, fight and leadership at times.

I've seen a few editorials having a go at Klopp. Saying he needs to add control to his chaos, suggesting his tactics played a part in last night's second half capitulation. I'm not sure I agree entirely. The minute it went 1 each, our players hid. Dropped deeper. Looked terrified to try things with the ball. We just couldn't get out with the ball. That's why that stat about Sturridge's touches in the opposition area was no surprise. He was lazy at times, but had to drop deeper and deeper to get into the game.

It brought me back to the Benitez quote (I think it was him) about having a captain in every area of the pitch. Keeper, defence, midfield, attack. We didn't have that. We had Kolo Touré. No Hyypia or Carragher to settle the back line. No Hamann to win professional free kicks to take the pressure off. No Alonso to put his foot on the all and try and slow the game down a bit while we got our composure back. No Mascherano or Gerrard snapping into tackles and fighting like fuck.

Instead, we had a bunch of average to good players who are prone to bottling it and shitting themselves. They've done it before. They did it again, big time, last night. I'm convinced they'll do it again in the future.

So, while we need good technically gifted players in the team, we also need them to have the right fighting spirit and winning mentality too. While the names we're being linked to are good young players, I fear we're making the same mistakes again. Buying from Empoli and Mainz is not that dissimilar to buying from Villa and Southampton.

We need to sort out the midfield. But we need to buy some proven, top class players with the right experience and mentality. Not young lads from Belgrade. We've got to get the balance right and this transfer window is massive, with the likes of United and Chelsea likely to improve. And Leicester too. West Ham are looking decent too. We could find ourselves in the wilderness if we get things wrong.

Good post mate

I think one thing you can take away from this game and from Sevilla's success in general, is the composition of their midfield. It's perfectly balanced and something we should be looking to emulate. Two energetic and strong ball-winners in Krychowiak and N'Zonzi alongside a quality player like Banega who can carry the ball in tight spaces. Those three players cover all the bases of midfield play. The sad thing is, I don't think we have a single midfielder who can effectively protect the back four or that has any real quality on the ball. We need a total revamp in that area.

There's no need for anyone to reply, I know whats been right and wrong out of the things people have been saying.If people don't want to hear the truth don't be throwing out insults and making out Im talking shit without anything to back it up.

You're one bad whopper who worships the ground that Brendan Rodgers walks on. I for one can't wait until he takes over at Celtic Park, as it will mean you going onto Celtic forums instead of here.

I don't claim to know everything, but I do know that man cost us the title, through a combination of tactical naivety and utter incompetence with regard to sorting out our defensive problems. How many title winners ship 50 goals?

I also know he wasted millions on weak lily-livered wank who shit the bed at the first sign of trouble, and left Jurgen Klopp with an unbalanced, mentally weak squad which is cluttered with shite, and which will take 3 maybe 4 transfer windows to put right.

What's all this about trouble in the stadium before the game? Scuffles etc?

Reds are getting slagged all over the shop on the Daily Heil and other websites for it, what went on?

fighting between rival fans in stadium before game. No arrests.

30 arrests during the 2 days all no violent. 17 reds 13 seville and swiss

As I say I don't like to be rude but everyone telling me fuck off, fuck you too.The ones who supposedly don't want to read my posts are the ones who don't stop replying, they seem very concerned about attention and as I said I didn't even want a reply.

A manager who isn't even in the same league as Sam Allardyce got to two finals in his first season, one was a champions league final.Those trying to use cup competitions as a sign of massive progress have been talking shite and I knew that long before I saw that stat.

I believe in Klopp and think LFC has a bright future based on his cv, not because he was able to do well in the cup competitions getting past one very strong team.

Jurgen Klopp is the first manager to lose two major finals in his debut season in England since Avram Grant in 2007/08.

Blame yourself for having to see that, you made me bite.Keep wanking yourself silly over getting to two cup finals, clearly massive progress and its a sign that the glory days are ahead.

How many finals did your bum chum get to? 

• Upvote 1

How many finals did your bum chum get to?

I'm not getting in to anything like that today mate, I just showed that stat because someone was trying to say I know nothing while most have been trying to make out two finals mean something special is going to happen.Just as I'm writing this I remember GH who won three finals in one season, that proved nothing either regarding the future.

Im optimistic because of what Klopps done in the league and because he will be signing his own players, good runs in the cups which were unlucky but it's meaningless now.At best motivation for the future as Klopp said.

I'm not getting in to anything like that today mate, I just showed that stat because someone was trying to say I know nothing while most have been trying to make out two finals mean something special is going to happen.Just as I'm writing this I remember GH who won three finals in one season, that proved nothing either regarding the future.

Im optimistic because of what Klopps done in the league and because he will be signing his own players, good runs in the cups which were unlucky but it's meaningless now.At best motivation for the future as Klopp said.

Houllier got to three finals with his own team after four years in charge. Klopp's been here for 7 months, had no pre-season, had over 50 games averaging out to a game every four days and all with a shit squad. 

I think one thing you can take away from this game and from Sevilla's success in general, is the composition of their midfield. It's perfectly balanced and something we should be looking to emulate. Two energetic and strong ball-winners in Krychowiak and N'Zonzi alongside a quality player like Banega who can carry the ball in tight spaces. Those three players cover all the bases of midfield play. The sad thing is, I don't think we have a single midfielder who can effectively protect the back four or that has any real quality on the ball. We need a total revamp in that area.

Spot on mate,Alonso,Molby,Gerrard,that's the quality that is needed,plus a couple of savvy ball winners,and your in with a chance,these boys work hard pressing but how many times do they come away with the ball.