You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Caulker

aRdja

I get why we brought him in and i suppose it's better than playing Enrique again. Ever. But I've always thought he was like a Sunday league player. Every defence he has ever been part of has shipped goals and looked nervy. I suppose the way we play now we have enough protection in front of our defence to not make him look as shit as he is.

If Klopp can turn him into a decent defender then we really do have one of the best managers in the world here.

In summary he is yard dog shite but Klopp might make him look decent. 

Origi and many others have given him the run around too.

The omens don't favour us I'm afraid.

Usually we spunk a lot of money on players that give us a run around in the one good game of their career. Selecting one that has been shit against us might just be the turning point in our fortunes that we need.

• Upvote 3

Just walked in the door and had'nt heard a thing about this deal.

First thoughts. I can understand why he's gone for him, premier league experience, and a Loan means it does'nt impact the budget too much and gives him option with the centre halves we have injured.

I must say its one out of Leftfield but if he helps and brings a good attitude it should turn out well. Plus its better than bringing Lucas out of Midfield to fill in there.

........... Christ ive just been on Wiki and he is only 24, was expecting him to be about 28-29 he seems to have been around for years.

Usually we spunk a lot of money on players that give us a run around in the one good game of their career. Selecting one that has been shit against us might just be the turning point in our fortunes that we need.

Can't deny the logic. Can't be any worse than buying Lovren for £20m can't it.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm... don't really know much about him TBH, but remember he was highly rated on here a few years ago but has fallen off a bit since and is now shite in most people's books.

Thing that worries me is that many people seem to be reacting to this in a bit of a "Rickie Lambert" sort of way: "Ah well he probably wont really be playing very much so who cares if he's shite". That isn't really a reason for signing him, if it was just another body we needed we could go ahead and sign Titus Bramble. If he isn't playing, who cares?

The reality is that if our injury problems in defence continue and this guy is not up to it this will have been another negligent buy, as that is the eventuality he has been brought in for. The club obviously are prepared to play him, he isn't just another body who bears no particular weight of expectation.

There are also plenty of young defenders or slightly older heads out there we could've taken a punt on, so the club obviously thinks this was our best option. I'm not going to pass any judgement on him as I really haven't seen him play that much, but his career thus far and the reaction on here among other places does seem a little bit worrying. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Still, it's gutting to suddenly realise the five times European champions have a squad with Caulker, Allen, Lallana, Milner, Clyne, Henderson,, Benteke, Ings.

To be honest from the odd bits we seen of Ings I thought he looked decent NOT 1st team regular pedigree but some one who could play his part in the squad unlike Balotelli and a few others Rodgers brought in. I will hold judgement on Ings until he gets a few games and if he turns out as bad as the others then I will blast him and Rodgers as I have done with the other sacks of shite we own.

• Upvote 1