You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

geez, reading some of the posts from the start of the year on this thread...how opinions change.

Well he was shit for two years and now he's playing very well. People are only calling what they see.

Obviously no more important than Mane, Coutinho and Firmino but well worth his place in the side these days.

Hats off to Lord Stringvest. He saw when there was nothing to see. He looked into Lallana's Cruyff Maze and out the other side to where Adam is now. The skill wormhole opened and it spoke.

The thing people don't realise about Stringy's incalculable haul of years on this planet is they don't merely stretch backwards to the dawn of time, but also forwards, to the end of it.

He has already lived every year there has been or ever will be, and is now merely unstuck in time, shuffling back and forth through the ether in Boden gear, incontinence pants and a Half Man Half Biscuit t-shirt, observing us curiously like ants he pokes now and then with a stick.

He is the hand on the tiller.

He is the face at the window.

He is the éminence grise.

• Upvote 10

The thing people don't realise about Stringy's incalculable haul of years on this planet is they don't merely stretch backwards to the dawn of time, but also forwards, to the end of it.

He has already lived every year there has been or ever will be, and is now merely unstuck in time, shuffling back and forth through the ether in Boden gear, incontinence pants and a Half Man Half Biscuit t-shirt, observing us curiously like ants he pokes now and then with a stick.

He's gone quantum on these mofos.

I'm printing that out and sending it by owl to everyone who has done me wrong. And to those who will do me wrong in the future.

If the costs weren't so prohibitive, I'd have it engraved on my headstone.

Touched.

• Upvote 2

I'm printing that out and sending it by owl to everyone who has done me wrong. And to those who will do me wrong in the future.

If the costs weren't so prohibitive, I'd have it engraved on my headstone.

Touched.

Love to claim credit, mate. I grafted it from TK's draft folder when I hacked his account.

• Upvote 1

He's so much better now he's realised not every first touch has to be a Cruyff turn. Under Rodgers he slowed everything down so much with that shit.

In this system he's great in that central role. He finds space really well and although he's a slow weak fanny when he gives it first time or does a Cruyff turn at the proper time he looks fucking excellent.

Lallana should be sold. I'm a long suffering sort, and I don't react and have a go at players on a personal level. He seems a decent fella and all the rest of it...

However, his job, in the area of the pitch he operates, is to offer a goal threat and also create some goals. The working hard and playing neat and tidy stuff is just a means to an end. Unfortunately the end product is just not there.

I think there are lots of teams in the Prem who could buy Lallana for 8-10M and pay his wages. The new TV deal sees to that. And he has enough of a 'name' that for some teams it will add a certain cachet that they are coming up through the ranks.

Replace with Williams, who will offer pace, goals, assists and will stretch it all out and scare the living daylights out of defenders. If the release clause thing is true, make it happen now.

You're definitely on commission as far as Williams is concerned!