You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

United v Liverpool - match thread

Paco

I'm not sure Can lacks pace, as much as acceleration over the first few yards.

I think we'll go for something akin to 4-1-4-1 / 4-5-1 that hopefully looks more like we have three attacking players when we're on the break. It's the kind of game where one striker actually makes some sense as it'll be a war of attrition, like against Stoke.

Mig

Clyne                Skrtel          Sakho              Gomez

Lucas

Firmino          Can                   Milner           Moreno

Benteke

Five defenders and three holding midfielders.

We come not to play.

• Upvote 1

I think he ll continue with lovren having announced him as his no.1 centre back or whatever but I think he should be dropped based on his most recent fuck up. Hes also been dropped by Croatia so his confidence will be on the floor. The other thing is we re having to play gomez beside him to help him out and we also have had lucas in front of him so hes being ring fenced by defensive players. I reckon I d do ok at centre back with that kind if protection.

Dont get me wrong gomez has done a great job and all this bollocks about him being right footed is getting on my tits. Hes 18 and getting invaluable experience as a defender. Worked out ok for carragher didnt it. Moreno got absolutely destroyed home and away by these last year so I wouldnt be starting him alongside sakho or lovren as they were both poor against these last season too. Moreno will be filed under ziege and riise, bought as a left back but will not be first choice there and will end up further forward or sold.

As much as I think Sakho should have been playing instead of Lovren, he hasn't. Is Sakho even match fit to come out at OT? Wouldn't be fair to him if he's not and would seem more like protecting Lovren.

Let Lovren play. If he fucks up again, pull him and let Sakho work himself back in the side rather than enter when he's not fully up to it.