You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

Genuinely think all the bluster about spending a huge amount of money was pure PR bollox and because they are so daft will end up blowing up in their faces. They just simply aren't prepared to accept you have to spend to succeed in the PL. That or find the world's greatest scouts which we def ain't doing.

Be delighted to be proven wrong but think they are complete frauds. Trumpesque

Up to now I've thought the owners have been OK. Not great, and mistakes have been made, but not terrible either. This summer is the summer I lean one way or the other on the owners.

We have a great opportunity to kick on. Klopp is a world class manager. We finished fourth. We haven't been spending very much - have we been 'saving up' to make a splash when the time was right?

A big summer to see us go into next season better equipped to fight on multiple fronts and fair enough. But if it's another window where we don't really spend anything, then at that point I'm willing to say they just have us ticking over, and are not really interested in the fans or the sporting glory.

It has been clear for some people for a while, but I've held off on making that sort of judgment. This summer will tell me what I need to know!

I don't think they're as evil or as yacht obsessed as some on here do. I think they're pretty good owners with regards to the business. They're just totally fucking incompetent at running the football side of things.

Has any club with American owners improved performances on the pitch whilr they've been in charge?

• Upvote 1

I think they are OK at stabilising the club and making money to a point. The problem is the only way you get better shirt deals, sponsorship, naming rights and sell merchandise is by being successful on the pitch.

They seem to be happy to keep to a certain level where the spending is average to minimal while the same level of money rolls in. If they pushed the boat out on signing star players to sell shirts or developed a squad to be successful they could make more money in the long term from longer runs in the Champions League and winning titles. More fairweather fans would follow us and spend money. More money would be made out of tours to the US and Asia. There would be a higher demand for tickets and expanding the stadium would make money back quicker.

I don't think they're as evil or as yacht obsessed as some on here do. I think they're pretty good owners with regards to the business. They're just totally fucking incompetent at running the football side of things.

Has any club with American owners improved performances on the pitch whilr they've been in charge?

Only in MLS.

Love the people defending FSG. John Henry is on his yacht somewhere in the Caribbean getting a blow job, smoking a cigar and pissing himself laughing at acquiring an appreciating world-renowned asset on the cheap. He doesn't give a flying fuck about this club.

• Upvote 13

Love the people defending FSG. John Henry is on his yacht somewhere in the Caribbean getting a blow job, smoking a cigar and pissing himself laughing at acquiring an appreciating world-renowned asset on the cheap. He doesn't give a flying fuck about this club.

It's like when people say that famous people are "alright/good lad" etc.  I know a few people who have worked at famous people's houses and basically because the star didn't kick them off their ladder and throw hot tea over them they were "alright".

Our threshold of tolerance is set too low.

• Upvote 1

The trophy haul and league finishes under their tenure speaks volumes.  I thought about 5 years ago they were shysters.  Not G&H type shysters.  Those two were just bufoons.  FSG on the other hand are much more savvy, professional if you like.  After all they're made up of a collection of individuals with backgrounds in hedge fund ops.  And hey ho they can play the supporters like a tune.  Usual leaks via the usual suspects of 'massive' transfer intentions on the eve of season ticket renewal day.  Their usual prelude to a barren summer.

Many view this Summer as the one where they will finally 'back the manager'.  For others (me included), that was last Summer, and I think we made a profit on transfer shenanigans.  Saved ultimately by the impact of Mane, but fell off the inevitable cliff when Mane and one or two other players were missing.  Evidencing the weakness of the 'squad'.  And something of a rescue job achieved in the end, probably down to Klopp, by scraping into the CL qualifyers, almost by default in the end, thanks to the shitness of Arsenal and UTD.

I thought 5 years ago it won't be a 'sudden death' under their tenure, the way it almost was under G&H.  They'e much too savvy for that.  I thought then it would be a case of death by a thousand cuts.  A gradual managed decline, including the lowering of expectations among the supporters.  Not necessarily 'intentional', but something that is inevitable with minimal investment while maximising returns.  I don't mean they're syphoning dosh directly out of the club, but the value of having the club on their investment portfolio can't be underestimated re its impact on their other businesses.  I'm sure they'd prefer LFC to be competitive with minimal investment.  Sadly that is of course never going to happen.  Nothing they have done since changes my mind.

Having said all that they will of course sanction some signings this Summer, eventually, if nothing else to keep the natives quiet.  But it will be another damp squib I fear, hoping again we land an unexpected gem aka Mane.  As for the recent effort in the transfer market and the Southampton apology, well incompetence doesn't cover it.

The sad thing of course is that we still have a top and seemingly motivated manager at the helm, and arguably only a couple of reasonable if not top players short of a decent team, well one that can compete for the odd trophy here and there.  Let's hope the manger hangs about.

Love the people defending FSG. John Henry is on his yacht somewhere in the Caribbean getting a blow job, smoking a cigar and pissing himself laughing at acquiring an appreciating world-renowned asset on the cheap. 

He has long since moved on to his next world renowned asset. 

Who's defending them? Some people are saying 'wait and see what happens before throwing yourself off a bridge' but that's about it.

I'm sick of them and would be happy if they sold up to someone with more decisiveness and a less rigid philosophy when it comes to transfers (okay, that's a posh way of saying spend more).  Not only that but owners who wouldn't care if we won some cups at the expense of the top four.  As long as the aim is winning, that's what matters. 

That said, it would not surprise me if the upcoming season is the one where it all comes together for FSG and Klopp.  A few clever signings and we have the makings of a great team.  

• Upvote 1

Neither do most foreign owners. Its just a way to launder their cash. They are 'meh' owners running a stable business and only prepared to spend within a certain budget and this is fine after our last two clowns,but is making things very difficult against these other big spending clubs.

I have no problem with spend what you earn, but if you are earning it then i dont want to see positive net spends in most windows.

they go on about value, then you look at our wage bill and think fuck me where is the value in that.

They refuse to appoint football people into key positions instead preferring stat geeks.

they think they are smarter than everyone else and can exploit smaller teams because "we are liverpool". they show no respect to the fans or other clubs.

they have been here long enough, if they cant back the best manager they will ever appoint then they can fuck right off. if nothing has changed by sept then it might need some affirmative action.

• Upvote 3

Most fans are reaching breaking point with these owners, the appointment of Klopp has released some of the pressure but recent events have ramped it up a little.

Could go either way this summer, hopefully the ambition reported materialises into decent player purchases that allow Klopp to achieve great things with us.

One thing I do know for sure, if we get into the champions league group stages we are going to get screwed on ticket prices, again.

Most fans are reaching breaking point with these owners, the appointment of Klopp has released some of the pressure but recent events have ramped it up a little.

Could go either way this summer, hopefully the ambition reported materialises into decent player purchases that allow Klopp to achieve great things with us.

One thing I do know for sure, if we get into the champions league group stages we are going to get screwed on ticket prices, again.

We're so lucky that Klopp is a footballing romantic otherwise he would have told FSG to fuck off when they offered him the job.

If Klopp did decide to fuck it off, not saying he will, who would we be able to attract?. Ancelotti wasn't interested when he told the owners that the team needed a new spine because FSG showed no enthusiasm to spend.

Someone like Diego Simeone wouldn't come to us when it's clear that the owners are minge bags.

That would leave us with an up and coming manager like we had with Brendan Rodgers. Someone like Eddie Howe or the new Watford manager.

Didn't that Michael Edwards say last year on the previous season tour that we don't need to buy superstar players because we have a superstar manager?

yes, but is he truly happy?

• Upvote 1