You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Mario stay or should he go

Bjornebye

Mario Fantasti-Go?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. One last go or arrivaderci

• Not arsed, not good enough, get rid.
    • Talented - deserves one more shot

Hermes has always had a reputation for crap jokes and looking to wind people up. The initial post doesn't look good but what bothers me more is he's not come back to explain himself or apologise for any offence caused, intentional or not.

He's dropped a hand grenade and then fucked off and left me dealing with the (justified) complaints, so I'm just going to ban him.

Have you locked him in the Left Luggage at Lime Street?

• Upvote 3

Is he actually head mental? I'm surprised none of his clubs have asked him to take a basic intelligence test.

Or maybe it's apathy. Either way he's a danger to himself and others and no one in the top five European leagues will ever touch him again unless someone is daft enough to pay his wages for them..

I really don't see the talent though. It's like the Andy Carroll narrative, the idea that if you've played internationally and have scored some goals then the fact you're a lazy cunt must mean you're some kind of tortured genius who jusy needs an arm around the shoulder to coax the best out of you.

Balotelli is a fraud, he's a bang average player who scores the odd goal, usually because defenders aren't paying him any attention because he's done fuck all for the previous 83 minutes.

He can't hold the ball up, can't run, can't pass, can't spot a run, and has zero game intelligence. He's absolutely shite.

Haha most of that is true but he can be quality occasionally. He has absolutely no game intelligence granted, so it's an uphill battle from the start, but he is good at holding the ball up, he is skilful, i presume he is quite fast although he never really makes any runs and he can score goals from set pieces and spot kicks like a champ.

He's a class clown and once you accept him for what he is, he's quite enduring in a stupid sort of way. I laughed at his caged lion tweet after being rejected from the Villa semi final game onwards. Usually i'd be bang against a divisive figure in the dressing room, but with him i just find it funny.

Bullshit. Did you actually watch at City and Inter?

No game intelligence? He won the Premier League for City.

Balotelli's problem is that he has won everything and he is only 25.

Balotelli's only problem is that he's shite. The only reason he's ever had a sniff of the Italian national team is because Italian football is in its worst state in living memory.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Bullshit. Did you actually watch at City and Inter?

No game intelligence? He won the Premier League for City.

Balotelli's problem is that he has won everything and he is only 25.

He only got 1 premier league assist in nearly 3 years at City. The one where aguero scored the winner against stoke that won them the league

1 fucking assist in 3 years! 

Balotelli's problem is that he is brain dead and fucking shit and doesn't give a fuck about the team. He cares about himself

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Balotelli's only problem is that he's shite. The only reason he's ever had a sniff of the Italian national team is because Italian football is in its worst state in living memory.

I can't wait till get we get rid as well, but this is utter bullshit. Italy reached the final in the last European Championship beating Germany in the semis, and Balotelli was their lead striker. He was actually pretty good throughout the tournament too. I know of many national teams in worse state than that.

• Upvote 1

I can't wait till get we get rid as well, but this is utter bullshit. Italy reached the final in the last European Championship beating Germany in the semis, and Balotelli was their lead striker. He was actually pretty good throughout the tournament too. I know of many national teams in worse state than that.

It's the worst Italy team in living memory. Balotelli wouldn't get anywhere near a side with Baggio or Del Piero in their prime. They were still wheeling Pirlo out and he's older than Joan Collins.

He's ace Mario. If you don't like Mario  you don't like life.

I don't like him or dislike him as a person. I don't know him or ever will.

As a footballer employed by my club I think he stinks and want him gone.

I'll happily chuckle along at his madcap antics when some other daft fucker is paying his wedge.

He would be brilliant at a team like Chelsea or Arsenal.

He can score goals in a set up that doesn't require him to do any work off the ball. The entire side has to be built around him and all the other 9 outfield players have to do his defensive work for him. 

He isnt even that lazy in such a set up, he will try and close players down but only the players he wants to and when he wants to and where he wants to. He seems totally void of any tactical discipline which is a shame because he has all the attributes to be a great striker. 

It's the worst Italy team in living memory. Balotelli wouldn't get anywhere near a side with Baggio or Del Piero in their prime. They were still wheeling Pirlo out and he's older than Joan Collins.

No one suggested that he would. But, if you think a team could get into the final of the Euros whilst being in its worst ever state, then you're just a fucking moron. And, Pirlo was not just Italy's best player, he was the best player of the whole bloody tournament.