You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Mario stay or should he go

Bjornebye

Mario Fantasti-Go?   

146 members have voted

1. 1. One last go or arrivaderci

• Not arsed, not good enough, get rid.
    • Talented - deserves one more shot

What say the masses?

I know from posts that loads want rid of him. he comes across dis-interested and a waste of space. In amongst all that is a lot of talent and I reckon he will thrive in a faster, better team. He can't play up top on his own but with the right support he is without doubt a match winner. All the bad publicity he gets is mostly bullshit, he doesn't really do anything wrong off the pitch. The media just cast him as this bad boy.

I'd definitely keep him for another season and from what I have seen he certainly can offer more than Origi.

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

If we can offload him fine, this is Liverpool though and all of our junk ends up costing us a fortune even if we farm them out. Unflushable turds. 

He had quite a lot of chances last season, I wouldn't give him any more. 

May as well get rid.

He's not as bad as he's made out to be, but he's vacant upstairs and the manager has no plan for how to get the best out of him, so between the two they render any underlying talent useless.

If we can avoid spending the last days of the window fielding loan bids from Italian clubs claiming to have no money, only to see them buy other players, that'd be great.

He had a 13.3% conversion rate for AC Milan the season before we signed him and i think it was something like 3% with us. He's a myth, nowhere near reliable enough to lead the line for us, plus as Russ said the manager doesn't rate him so any talent he does have is irrelevant. 

• Upvote 3

I didn't want him when we were linked and have never really seen what the fuss is about with him, before or since signing.

I got swept up with the excitement in the end and was pleased to have him, but by for I reverted to my initial thoughts quite quickly.

Get rid for anything over £8m

He was hugely disappointing, to put it mildly.

I thought it was a shrewd gamble and that he might have arrived here looking to prove that he was a top class striker. His debut against Spurs gave this view a bit of credibility, but that was about as good as it got.

After that it was ridiculous shots from range, awful free kicks, poor positioning and being caught offisde all the time.

Put in a couple of good shifts as a target man holding up the ball with his back to goal and laying it off, but even these were rare and not suited to our style of play.

I reckon he's no real interest in football any more, no real interest in taking on board tactical information, no real interest in improving and no real interest in proving anything to anybody.

Inevitably, he was the poster-boy scapegoat during the worst times when the heat could just have easily been on any of his other ten team-mates, but this is hardly an excuse for what he offered either.

• Upvote 1

Never want to see him play for us again. He got more than enough chances to prove himself last year.

I didn't want him to sign initially but never in my lowest of low expectations did I except a return of 1 league goal for all his games.

He's on the list of one of our worst ever signings for his fee and what he's produced for us.

What say the masses?

I know from posts that loads want rid of him. he comes across dis-interested and a waste of space. In amongst all that is a lot of talent and I reckon he will thrive in a faster, better team. He can't play up top on his own but with the right support he is without doubt a match winner. All the bad publicity he gets is mostly bullshit, he doesn't really do anything wrong off the pitch. The media just cast him as this bad boy.

I'd definitely keep him for another season and from what I have seen he certainly can offer more than Origi.

Thoughts?

no shit, doesn't mean he should be playing for us. Hopefully won't see him play again for us

Better at what? 

Penalties or twitter updates?

Putting the ball in the back of the net.  Not having it that a full Italian international with a 1 in 3 record isn't superior to those lot.

Lambert, carthorse that's past his best

Borini, has he even played for Italy?

Origi, can't score in regularly in a piss poor French league

Ings, a back up for a poor England u21 team

Need better than all five of them but Mario is the best of that bunch, easily.