You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Makes sense to give him the nine. Easily the clubs best forward and the only one of any real use.

We'll probably have to wait for Sturridge to fuck off until we get another one in.

Resigned myself to see him seeing his contract out with us.

Resigned myself to see him seeing his contract out with us.

It's a cert to happen if we keep a massive price tag on him. We should be taking what we can get and let another club worry about their forward can barely sprint without breaking down.

Liverpool's 100m euros (£87.89m) bid for the Monaco forward, Kylian Mbappe has been rejected. (Marca)

Well, that's a relief. Why spend all that money on a striker?

I'll be resting my vocal cords for the next two months in anticipation of screaming at our new number 9's litany of missed chances.

Is there any example of a title winning side in recent years that didn't have a goalscorer who carried the bulk of the load?

I shall generously suspend disbelief until next May.

I think you'd have more fun if you made your mind up now, then repeated your opinion hundreds of times between now and next May all the while completely ignoring any evidence to the contrary.

Just a suggestion.

• Upvote 3

Use of the diamond at the end of last season bodes well for trying something different when we hit a blank.

Coutinho dropping back into midfield alongside Lallana with Hendo or Can sitting, one of Salah, Mane or Firmino at the tip of the diamond and the other two through the centre might be worth a look.

Those 3 are going to be interchanging plenty anyway, but it would allow us to get our most important players on the pitch while having more of a Plan B than has been the case.

• Upvote 1

I hope we see Kloppo employing a few different formations this season, especially 2 strikers with a man just behind against bus parking cunts at Anfield.

We need to be able to mix it up more.

Hopefully but think this is one reason why coutinho is going to be playing deeper. If that doesn't work then 2 up top needs to be tried a few times not just once if it doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

Nice gesture of the club to allow anyone who bought his shirt with the number 11 on it to get it signed by him by sending it in at their own expense and providing a SAO at their own expense to get it back (and if you've lost your receipt you're fucked)

Not as nice as replacing it like, but nice enough

Mate be careful, you need to keep your contacts so be nice. 

• Upvote 1