You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roberto Firmino

WhiskeyJar

Doesn't anywhere near enough.

9 league goals,only scored in 7 games. 3 goals since dec 27th. 5 of the 9 before 6 Nov.

Scored in 7 of 29 games in the league. His pressing is great but you need a good goalscorer too

Not worried about him leaving nobody is paying 40+ml for him

I agree with that

The issue is Klopp has not set us up in a 4-2-3-1 so he can play as a 10. Even if Klopp did would he play Firmino as the 9 and Coutinho as the 10 im not sure. Klopp seems happy with him as the 9. He has had time to buy one and hasn't,has not play Origi up there much either. Origi has the same amount of goals in all comps in close to hslf the games.

I know he has not looked as good this year but the kid needs time on the pitch to play into form and he is scoring goals

I agree with that

The issue is Klopp has not set us up in a 4-2-3-1 so he can play as a 10. Even if Klopp did would he play Firmino as the 9 and Coutinho as the 10 im not sure. Klopp seems happy with him as the 9. He has had time to buy one and hasn't,has not play Origi up there much either. Origi has the same amount of goals in all comps in close to hslf the games.

I know he has not looked as good this year but the kid needs time on the pitch to play into form and he is scoring goals

Yeah Origi is clearly a better number 9, but not as good at this 'false 9' lark.

This is why for me it has been one of Klopp's blindspots this season shoehorning players into a formation when we have had injuries/missing players rather than changing formation to suit what he has.

I actually think he will finally change today because a front 3 of Firmino, Origi and Sturridge for example does not work IMO.

I agree with that

Trouble is every time he did last season we were fucking shocking.

It was fine having a Lewandowski at Dortmund. S striker that could run himself into tbe ground with the pressing but Lewandowski scored 30 goals a year

So we need to find a striker who presses and runs his bollocks off and is prolific.....support him with Mane and one other and have decent back up for all 3.

Easy until the question -That'll cost how much?

Not saying we need Lewandowski levels but you surely expect a striker to be in the mid teens for scoring with the chances we create and the number of games we have.

Very few strikers can do what Suarez and Lewandowski do.

Not saying we need Lewandowski levels but you surely expect a striker to be in the mid teens for scoring with the chances we create and the number of games we have.

Very few strikers can do what Suarez and Lewandowski do.

I suppose it can be argued very easily that we score enough goals - the problem is the drop off when players are missing and the lack of obvious straight swaps...when Mane was missing one mans absence saw two players playing out of position at times.

Trouble is every time he did last season we were fucking shocking.

We looked alright in a 4231 in the Europa to be fair.

Thing about 4231 is you need at least one fullback who is class on the ball and we haven't had one of those since Fabio Aurelio was fit for those five minutes in 08/09.

You also need a good balance of defence and attack in the midfield two, although i think we're a bit closer to that with our current squad.

We looked alright in a 4231 in the Europa to be fair.

Thing about 4231 is you need at least one fullback who is class on the ball and we haven't had one of those since Fabio Aurelio was fit for those five minutes in 08/09.

You also need a good balance of defence and attack in the midfield two, although i think we're a bit closer to that with our current squad.

We don't have a single DM, that's why 4231 doesn't work.

Our goals have badly tailed off

If you break up the season into blocks of 10 games we scored 24 goals in each of the first two blocks and only 16 since in the 10 after. Without Mane you need your main striker to step up bug he hasn't as a goal scorer. He has missed a few sitters too.

Im not saying he isnt a good player but we dont line up with a number 10 and he doesn't score the goals to lead the line unless you have a pair of wingers getting 15 goals a piece.

Outside of Wijaldum and Lallana(who hasn't scored this calendar year) its not like the midfield chips in with many goals.

If your main striker is 10-12 goal a season man youll need another 25 from wide and at least one midfielder getting close to double figures.

We don't have a single DM, that's why 4231 doesn't work.

We dont have any midfielders that could fit into a 4-2-3-1 imo.

Can is the closet but lacks a bit of pace.

Hendo is no Alonso or Mascherano

Lucas best days are long gone

Wijaldum and Lallana don't fit a 2 either

• Upvote 2