You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

We have literally got empty shelves and there is barely a murmer.

Apparently food shortages are now some sort of bonus.

A big chunk of this country are in denial and I'm not sure when the penny is going to drop.

It's mad isn't it. Even that fat headed dickhead who owns wetherspoons can't get Carling or put bread on his menu. I thought that might get the gimps up in arms. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's mad isn't it. Even that fat headed dickhead who owns wetherspoons can't get Carling or put bread on his menu. I thought that might get the gimps up in arms. 

Anyone who mentioned empty shelves pre Brexit would have been labelled with the project fear tag.

Now, it has actually happened,we have cracks about who needs bottled water anyway.

I've said it a million times but it is genuinely borderline cult behaviour.

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Anyone who mentioned empty shelves pre Brexit would have been labelled with the project fear tag.

Now, it has actually happened,we have cracks about who needs bottled water anyway.

I've said it a million times but it is genuinely borderline cult behaviour.

My lad works in the local Scotmid Co-op, which is like a large Spar shop. It's been an absolute shitshow in there for weeks now. It's nothing to do with Covid, they're getting about a third of the deliveries they used to get, and there's large gaps everywhere.

How this is benefiting the lower paid is a mystery- they certainly haven't been raising wages as there's no problem in getting staff, but their takings must be well down since the summer as they simply don't have half the stuff they used to. It was the same in Morrison's this morning, empty shelves in many areas, and weird brand stuff I've never seen before covering the gaps in the fresh food bits.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

My lad works in the local Scotmid Co-op, which is like a large Spar shop. It's been an absolute shitshow in there for weeks now. It's nothing to do with Covid, they're getting about a third of the deliveries they used to get, and there's large gaps everywhere.

How this is benefiting the lower paid is a mystery- they certainly haven't been raising wages as there's no problem in getting staff, but their takings must be well down since the summer as they simply don't have half the stuff they used to. It was the same in Morrison's this morning, empty shelves in many areas, and weird brand stuff I've never seen before covering the gaps in the fresh food bits.

I've noticed it more with water.

Every week in sainsbury's there are extremely noticeable big gaps each week.

The winter of discontent is still being used as a stick to beat labour nearly 50 years later,yet food shortages today barely get a passing mention.

The dice are so fucking loaded but the fuckwits who voted for this shit show are fully to blame.

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I didn't say their was did I? I said  "their has been not one scram of criticism of Barnie" and its true, although their has been some surreal criticism of the French public, who, let's not forget, are rejecting Barniers dog whistling. 

Criticism of the EU on this forum is a no no, imagine if a high profile British political figure had turned on a sixpence and said the nonsense Barnier now spouts? Imagine if Ed Davey or even Ed Millband changed tack like Barnier?

They'd be fucking slaughtered on here, and deservedly so, and whilst we're at it what Vonn der Leyen has achieved to be granted a free critics pass is beyond me.

Barnier has always been right wing. This is well known. He was just doing his job negotiating on behalf of Member States. Which to be fair, he did very well.
He's only asking for French 'sovereignty' on immigration from non-EU countries. Something we had while we were members because we had an opt-out.
All that being said, he's not got a chance of becoming French President.

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I didn't say their was did I? I said  "their has been not one scram of criticism of Barnie" and its true, although their has been some surreal criticism of the French public, who, let's not forget, are rejecting Barniers dog whistling. 

I assume you're referring to Bruce's post, in which case you've missed the point.

On 10/09/2021 at 09:42, Bruce Spanner said:

Barnier going for the 'low intelligence, low engagement' demographic in a bid to save his doomed run for the presidancy.

C'est pathétique.

Barnier - as you pointed out - is touting for votes by leading with racist/ xenophobic policies. The section of the electorate that shit like that appeals to are the people who are either too thick or too apathetic to see through it (aka "the'low intelligence, low engagement' demographic").  From the fact that Bruce calls Barnier's bid "doomed", he seems to think that that particular demographic is not a winning majority. So, no, there has been no criticism of the French public.

5 hours ago, chrisbrand said:

Barnier has always been right wing. This is well known. He was just doing his job negotiating on behalf of Member States. Which to be fair, he did very well.
He's only asking for French 'sovereignty' on immigration from non-EU countries. Something we had while we were members because we had an opt-out.

You are I believe the only poster on here to offer an opinion on the article of Barnier doing a complete U turn and an option of Barnier's new found position. I think your appraisal is pretty much bang on the money.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I assume you're referring to Bruce's post, in which case you've missed the point.

Barnier - as you pointed out - is touting for votes by leading with racist/ xenophobic policies. The section of the electorate that shit like that appeals to are the people who are either too thick or too apathetic to see through it (aka "the'low intelligence, low engagement' demographic").  From the fact that Bruce calls Barnier's bid "doomed", he seems to think that that particular demographic is not a winning majority. So, no, there has been no criticism of the French public.

Maybe the really "thick" people as certain posters like to label some parts of the public, are the people who swallowed Barniers rhetoric day in day out?  Its becoming obvious It wasn't the French public that was fooled.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Again, no criticism of Barnier, the man who steadfastly pushed a different political philosophy for over two years when negotiating with Britain, 

Barber in the Ft and  the European hits the nail right on the head, no excusing this shit. The man ( Barnier ) is nothing but a cunt.

15 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Maybe the really "thick" people as certain posters like to label some parts of the public, are the people who swallowed Barniers rhetoric day in day out?  Its becoming obvious It wasn't the French public that was fooled.

He is currently trying to appeal to racists. Racists are thick. Can you at least admit that much?

14 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Again, no criticism of Barnier, the man who steadfastly pushed a different political philosophy for over two years when negotiating with Britain, 

Barber in the Ft and  the European hits the nail right on the head, no excusing this shit. The man ( Barnier ) is nothing but a cunt.

I'm trying to explain to you where you've missed the point: any criticism of Barnier would be irrelevant to that.

I have also posted stuff on music threads and the tennis thread in which I've omitted criticism of Barnier. That doesn't mean I've got any great love for the man.

FWIW, I never noticed him steadfastly pushing any political philosophy in the Brexit negotiations.

On 10/09/2021 at 09:42, Bruce Spanner said:

Barnier going for the 'low intelligence, low engagement' demographic in a bid to save his doomed run for the presidancy.

C'est pathétique.

An opinion on Barnier's candidacy.

On 10/09/2021 at 21:14, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Really? Thank God we've distanced ourselves from those pesky right-wingers and got a Government that sends warships after desperate asylum seekers.

Another opinion on Barnier's candidacy.

On 11/09/2021 at 11:06, Moo said:

People don't give a shit about the EU and it's leaders or whatever they are.  The give a shit about being out of it's [limited and not perfect] protections against the fascist, right wing coup going on inside our own borders.

A third opinion on Barnier's candidacy.

21 hours ago, chrisbrand said:

A fourth opinion on Barnier's candidacy.

16 hours ago, Gnasher said:

You are I believe the only poster on here to offer an opinion on the article of Barnier doing a complete U turn and an option of Barnier's new found position. I think your appraisal is pretty much bang on the money.

Wait, what???

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

An opinion on Barnier's candidacy.

Another opinion on Barnier's candidacy.

A third opinion on Barnier's candidacy.

A fourth opinion on Barnier's candidacy.

Wait, what???

Context, Bruce's opinions were  one post, a post that defended Barnier and pointed the finger at the French public, whilst Moos post was generally asking the question why are we/i talking about Barnier?

57 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Context, Bruce's opinions were  one post, a post that defended Barnier and pointed the finger at the French public, whilst Moos post was generally asking the question why are we/i talking about Barnier?

No it didn't. It accused him of shitty, racist opportunism.

Nor did it point the finger at the French public. In fact, it defended them by pointing out that pandering to thick racists won't work.

It's like you've made your mind up about what you expected Bruce to say and then decided to argue with that instead of engaging with what he did say (which was broadly in agreement with some of your opinions about Barnier).

18 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Angry, you have to ask yourself eventually, what's the fucking point?

He's an imbecile, you're better than this.

Fuck off Bruce you pompous prick, instead of throwing slurs and pointing fingers why don't you fuck off out of the Labour Party and go back and reform Change UK? 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No it didn't. It accused him of shitty, racist opportunism.

Nor did it point the finger at the French public. In fact, it defended them by pointing out that pandering to thick racists won't work.

It's like you've made your mind up about what you expected Bruce to say and then decided to argue with that instead of engaging with what he did say (which was broadly in agreement with some of your opinions about Barnier).

Barnier is a right wing hypocrite, that's just been proved by the man himself, most in Brussels are the same. Bruce just blindly follows the EU mantra, whatever it is at the time.  

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Freedom!

IMG_20210912_224639.jpg

IMG_20210912_224708.jpg

IMG_20210912_224736.jpg

IMG_20210912_224807.jpg

IMG_20210912_224832.jpg

IMG_20210912_225007.jpg

IMG_20210912_225035.jpg

IMG_20210912_225100.jpg

Well that's sold me on Brexit then. A poorer quality of life, less choice in the supermarket  yet it's more expensive, queues at customs but a fucking crown is back on a pint glass. Thank fuck we brexited.  

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Freedom!

IMG_20210912_224639.jpg

IMG_20210912_224708.jpg

IMG_20210912_224736.jpg

IMG_20210912_224807.jpg

IMG_20210912_224832.jpg

IMG_20210912_225007.jpg

IMG_20210912_225035.jpg

IMG_20210912_225100.jpg

Theirs something wrong with these people, easy to dismiss a Farage/Express story but their are people out there swept up in silly jingoistic nationalism, it may look silly and irreverent but can become dangerous. One of the questions people should ask is if the concerns are so deep why don't these newspaper owners etc reside in this country and pay a fair rate of tax?

On the subject of Barnier and his 180 degree about turn, Barnier has been a top EU official for over fifteen years and has never once uttered such veiws on record so he's either lying now or was lying then, unless you believe it's a sudden and timely conversation. As one European commentator remarked if Barnier truly believes in France going down the nationalistic anti immigration route he's been lying to eu citizens and taking then for gullible fools for sixteen years. 

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

On the subject of Barnier and his 180 degree about turn, Barnier has been a top EU official for over fifteen years and has never once uttered such veiws on record so he's either lying now or was lying then, unless you believe it's a sudden and timely conversation. As one European commentator remarked if Barnier truly believes in France going down the nationalistic anti immigration route he's been lying to eu citizens and taking then for gullible fools for sixteen years. 

I think the consensus is that he's lying like a cunt, to try to pander to the cunt vote and he's going to sink like a cunt.

Fuck him.