You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Any chance it’s the house rather than the EU they’re trying to bluff with all this cliff-edge cuntery? Just read its thought there will be time to vote on any new deal offered.

If May’s deal comes back before the house at the eleventh hour with a cosmetic modification in the wording, likelihood of it getting voted through has to be high...Johnson gets his token victory.

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It could easily ensure a 'Vote of no Confidence' is passed. They just have to come together quickly. 

This is likely where it's heading now, I can't see there being time to ensure anti No Deal legislation passing. The opposition parties need to agree on a temporary government and leader or its GE time.

Can't see this ending well for the monarchy either. Rubber stamping a fascist coup? It's almost too bizarre for words.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

This is likely where it's heading now, I can't see there being time to ensure anti No Deal legislation passing. The opposition parties need to agree on a temporary government and leader or its GE time.

Can't see this ending well for the monarchy either. Rubber stamping a fascist coup? It's almost too bizarre for words.

Even the majority of Tories will see this as a grave move as far as their own Party goes. 

Desperate times call for desperate measures and all that. 

3 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Any chance it’s the house rather than the EU they’re trying to bluff with all this cliff-edge cuntery? Just read its thought there will be time to vote on any new deal offered.

If May’s deal comes back before the house at the eleventh hour with a cosmetic modification in the wording, likelihood of it getting voted through has to be high...Johnson gets his token victory.

I think not. I think it’s now 1) bring the government down or 2) no deal. 

These guys don't give a fuck. They cancelled it last time, it should be around May or June anyway. The lot are cunts who want a No Deal. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Also. This hasn't been leaked by chance. Only a few knew about it, so it's quite obvious that someone in Johnson's close circle is not as close to the PM as he thinks. Imagine if it hadn't been leaked. 

30 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Will Corbyn get the numbers now?

Probably not. As ever, relying on Tories to do something that jeapordises the survival of their own party and/or career, even when the alternative means setting fire to everything else, is almost always likely to end in disappointment.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think not. I think it’s now 1) bring the government down or 2) no deal. 

These guys don't give a fuck. They cancelled it last time, it should be around May or June anyway. The lot are cunts who want a No Deal. 

Option 1 still requires an extension of Article 50, doesn't it?

It's going to be a busy week.