You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

26 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Inequality has risen in Europe since the late 70s. But shhhush about silly little things like that. We are in Strpford wives world here. Opinik will not be tolerated

But whisper it ..

https://voxeu.org/article/forty-years-inequality-europe

Of course inequality involves a small.little point of a lot of people getting poorer because a lot of people get a good deal richer so I'm probably just being a moaning Minnie.

Do you really think people are worse off now than they were in the 70s?

7 hours ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Do you really think people are worse off now than they were in the 70s?

In general yes I do. Of course medical science has improved vastly  but economic inequality has risen, job security has fallen, political apathy has become the norm and global warming ain't too cool. The internet has improved life in a lot of areas although it's a double edged sword but on the whole I believe we are collectively worse off than the 70s. 

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Inequality has risen in Europe since the late 70s. But shhhush about silly little things like that. We are in Strpford wives world here. Opinik will not be tolerated

But whisper it ..

https://voxeu.org/article/forty-years-inequality-europe

Of course inequality involves a small.little point of a lot of people getting poorer because a lot of people get a good deal richer so I'm probably just being a moaning Minnie.

Yet another article which you don't seem to have actually read.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

He's far too busy travelling back to the 70's in his Delorean. 

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Gnasher, are you having Findus Crispy Pancakes and Birds Eye Potato Waffles for tea? 

Anyway, David Frost said he’s not a fan of maintaining workers rights as promised by May. Who could possibly have predicted that?  

Fuck me I quite enjoyed Findus Crispy Pancakes, I forgot about them. I take it all back.

11 hours ago, SasaS said:

Fuck me, this has got to be the most centre right message forum in the north west of england.

I ask you. Do you think equality in Europe has narrowed and  improved  in Europe in the past 30 years? 

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Awfully sorry to upset the luvvies on here with a few unfortunatel facts but here you go

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/food-bank-uk-benefits-trussell-trust-cost-of-living-highest-rate-a8317001.html

Caused by Tory austerity you mong. The same Tories you're siding with over that thing you didn't vote in. Take this over to a different thread.

25 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fuck me, this has got to be the most centre right message forum in the north west of england.

I ask you. Do you think equality in Europe has narrowed and  improved  in Europe in the past 30 years? 

I don't know, I guess it hasn't, globalization and technology seems to have increased income inequality in developed countries over that period, which the article you linked kind of acknowledges. The article also seems to suggest that the factors influencing income inequality are mostly internal, country by country or region, since there are variations between regions and between countries depending on their particular redistribution through tax model.

36 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Caused by Tory austerity you mong. The same Tories you're siding with over that thing you didn't vote in. Take this over to a different thread.

Thanks for the insult but you do realise mass  inequality is not just an English thing to be proud ?

. I could cite somewhere like Greece but it seems the elite on here would rather not discuss it.

12 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I don't know, I guess it hasn't, globalization and technology seems to have increased income inequality in developed countries over that period, which the article you linked kind of acknowledges. The article also seems to suggest that the factors influencing income inequality are mostly internal, country by country or region, since there are variations between regions and between countries depending on their particular redistribution through tax model.

Yes I take your points about globalization. It's a tricky one to assess that's true, but on the whole inequality has widened and life has got harder; it's the the way it is.

Leaving the EU is something that should never have been put to a public vote in the first place! Its not fucking Love Island or X Factor!

Leavers hate it when people say they don't know what they were voting for, but its true! How could anybody possibly know all the implications of leaving the European Union, without knowing how we would leave and the impact it would have on so many different things? Even now people don't really know and Brexit is 4 months overdue!

Also the reasons some people voted leave were nothing to actually do with leaving the European Union! I know 5 people that only voted leave because they wanted David Cameron to resign. I know one person that voted leave because 'there are too many Asians coming in to this country'! Theo Paphitis voted leave, not because he wanted to leave, but he wanted the EU to reform and renegotiate with us!! Imagine thinking that by voting leave your vote would be interpreted as reform and renegotiate! Many many people literally only voted leave because of the 350 million nhs bus bullshit!    

The problem is there is no way to fix it. A second referendum would still end up being close, and even if remain were to win all it would do is mean the Brexit Party would continue to rise as all the angry Brexiteers would vote for them at the next election. A snap election won't solve anything as both the major parties have so many leave and remain voters, it would probably lead to a Tory paryt propped up by Farage.

I honestly don't see any good way out of this? 

21 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Also the reasons some people voted leave were nothing to actually do with leaving the European Union! I know 5 people that only voted leave because they wanted David Cameron to resign. I know one person that voted leave because 'there are too many Asians coming in to this country'! Theo Paphitis voted leave, not because he wanted to leave, but he wanted the EU to reform and renegotiate with us!! Imagine thinking that by voting leave your vote would be interpreted as reform and renegotiate! Many many people literally only voted leave because of the 350 million nhs bus bullshit!    

A woman I work with voted to leave the EU because she didn't like the European Court of Human Rights.  Leaving aside the obvious point that humans have a vested interest in the protection of human rights, I told her that the ECHR isn't an EU institution and that we would still be a member after Brexit.  She just went quiet and blinked a bit.

52 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Leaving the EU is something that should never have been put to a public vote in the first place! Its not fucking Love Island or X Factor!

Leavers hate it when people say they don't know what they were voting for, but its true! How could anybody possibly know all the implications of leaving the European Union, without knowing how we would leave and the impact it would have on so many different things? Even now people don't really know and Brexit is 4 months overdue!

The problem is there is no way to fix it. A second referendum would still end up being close, and even if remain were to win all it would do is mean the Brexit Party would continue to rise as all the angry Brexiteers would vote for them at the next election. A snap election won't solve anything as both the major parties have so many leave and remain voters, it would probably lead to a Tory paryt propped up by Farage.

I honestly don't see any good way out of this? 

A lot of good points and very sensible but life and politics sometime need the irrational, which is what whe have now got. Out of chaos comes order. The old guard had to fall, the future is now there for the taking .

1 minute ago, Lario said:

Do any non-politicians within the EU have any interest in Brexit?

We in Ireland obviously do, withe whole border thing.

But places like Italy or Greece. Is it even registering?

Not so much as here is my guess although as a side note i do know the the youth of Greece gave the eu  president Junaker a very very  warm welcome the last time he went there. They pelted the cunt with petrol bombs

7 minutes ago, Lario said:

My Italian in laws and friends don't care at all. It's not even discussed. Next to nothing on the news about it either.

15 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

A lot of good points and very sensible but life and politics sometime need the irrational, which is what whe have now got. Out of chaos comes order. The old guard had to fall, the future is now there for the taking .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pci3TUFwCfg

17 minutes ago, Lario said:

There's probably a fair few Spaniards in the Costa del Gobshite dreaming of sending the obese Anglo-Saxon walking piles of skin cancer back to the shithole country they came from.