You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Overtime tomorrow

Sugar Ape

Don't know how to post a poll on my phone.

I've put my name down to do overtime tomorrow. However, the work I've received is fucking crap, it's been cherry picked by other people and I'm expected to do %150 of the work I normally do just because its overtime.

I'm also out on the ale. Do I go in for a 7-4 shift tomorrow For Circa £130 or stay out and get smashed.

I am also doing overtime tomorrow, happily not the crap Apey is doing. Work 6 hours, get paid for 7 at double time, plus travel time, 1.5 hours in my case. 15.5 hours pay for 6 hours work.

Love being part of a workforce that is flexible to the needs of the business...

• Downvote 2

I am also doing overtime tomorrow, happily not the crap Apey is doing. Work 6 hours, get paid for 7 at double time, plus travel time, 1.5 hours in my case. 15.5 hours pay for 6 hours work.

Yeah, im getting paid the same rate, However I can't be arsed so I'm getting smashed instead.

Bank Holiday OT is where it's at, 15.5 hours at triple rate. Over a week's pay for 1 quiet day of work. The main shit thing is going straight from a wedding to work so can't drink, I guess I'll save some money.

Thank your Union.

• Upvote 3

Hope its not a zero hours contract. You may get sent home after 10 mins at least on double time youll get paid for 20 mins.

its_classified_barack_obama.gif

• Downvote 1

Thank your Union.

Why, are they doing the work for me?

Pretty sure they opposed the reduction in the workforce that means we have so much more overtime these days.

Being in a union hasn't really benefited me. I'm a member of a union because I believe in them, not because I get much out of it.

• Downvote 2

Pretty sure they opposed the reduction in the workforce that means we have so much more overtime these days.

Being in a union hasn't really benefited me. I'm a member of a union because I believe in them, not because I get much out of it.

Wow. 

Oh you conveniently ignored me catching you out for the lying fart you are on the middle east thread. I had 50 quid on you doing so. 

Won 8p. 

Wow. 

Oh you conveniently ignored me catching you out for the lying fart you are on the middle east thread. I had 50 quid on you doing so. 

Won 8p.

Is there a point to your post? Coherence? Relevance? Evidence for your claim?

Troll someone else, pygmy.

Why, are they doing the work for me?Pretty sure they opposed the reduction in the workforce that means we have so much more overtime these days.Being in a union hasn't really benefited me. I'm a member of a union because I believe in them, not because I get much out of it.

You have got to be shitting me.

1 Sure they opposed the reduction in the workforce that means we have so much more overtime these days.

2 Being in a union hasn't really benefited me.

I'm a member of a union because I believe in them, not because I get much out of it.

1. A Union (your Union) stopped colleagues from getting sacked and got you more overtime?

2. You didn't benefit from this?

A happier workforce where friends and colleagues aren't being sacked and you've a decent deal on overtime.

And you still don't think you've benefitted from your Union.

We both know where you work, that's not a shitty comment, you've been pretty open about it.

It's a former government deparent that's been moved. You think within 3 years your overtime, flexi time, holiday and pension won't be completely fucked over without a strong union?

I can respect political differences but reading crap like that is difficult to believe. You've benefitted massively from your Union and will continue to do so.

• Upvote 2

1. A Union (your Union) stopped colleagues from getting sacked and got you more overtime?

2. You didn't benefit from this?

A happier workforce where friends and colleagues aren't being sacked and you've a decent deal on overtime.

And you still don't think you've benefitted from your Union.

We both know where you work, that's not a shitty comment, you've been pretty open about it.

It's a former government deparent that's been moved. You think within 3 years your overtime, flexi time, holiday and pension won't be completely fucked over without a strong union?

I can respect political differences but reading crap like that is difficult to believe. You've benefitted massively from your Union and will continue to do so.

Agreed

Without a strong Union your pay & Conditions would be gutted very quickly

They sack a lot and re-employ them on shit contracts. They'd also go to town on outsourcing and your job would be replaced by an Indian

If you're not grasping this, SD, you'll need to re-evaluate sharply at some stage