You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

Chelsea last season and the mancs this one were the two biggest games we've played under Rodgers.

Not looking good so far.

That's not really fair. We had a lot of "the biggest game we've played under Rodgers" last season, and we did pretty well in the majority of them. It's easy to look back and be dismissive.

• Upvote 7

Chelsea last season and the mancs this one were the two biggest games we've played under Rodgers.

Not looking good so far.

Does City last season not count? Or United away? Or Arsenal at home? All games we needed to win to stay in the hunt. Or do big games only become big games once we've lost them?

• Upvote 12

That's not really fair. We had a lot of "the biggest game we've played under Rodgers" last season, and we did pretty well in the majority of them. It's easy to look back and be dismissive.

Basel home, Besiktas home and away. You're right, it's easy.

• Downvote 1

Does City last season not count? Or United away? Or Arsenal at home? All games we needed to win to stay in the hunt. Or do big games only become big games once we've lost them?

I said biggest, not big.

In my opinion, the closer you get to the finish line, the bigger the pressure.

Are you for real?

None of us are privy to the back-and-forth that goes on behind the scenes between Rodgers and the various members of the committee, but from what we do know (admittedly from reading the tea leaves) it seems pretty clear that most of our worst signings are the ones Rodgers wanted.

Anyone who would look at Sakho and Lovren and say "Yeah, let's give more authority to the person that pushed for us to sign Lovren" is completely off his rocker.

I have complete faith in Rodgers to outperform the committee and build a great team if backed properly by FSG.

What will be will be etc, but I don't think I've ever been less excited by a the prospect of a transfer window. 

Its deflating alright but after last seasons winter window I knew we would't sign anybody this one with the old "there's no value in the january transfer window"that was pretty depressing.

What will be will be etc, but I don't think I've ever been less excited by a the prospect of a transfer window. 

Can't argue with that but at least we have a clear sense of what we need: goals.

I haven't been following Origi's season but we hardly can count on him producing that much. Similarly with Sturridge, who we can't count on at all. If it's me, I take the entire budget and go for proven goal scorers in decent leagues, preferably strikers but not necessarily.

I'd spend it all on De Bruyne/Higuain and/or anyone else who has proved themselves.

BR needs to realize that if he doesn't win the FA cup this season, and we don't get off to a good start after the summer, then realistically next season is going to be his last.

If he lets the transfer commiddee fuck him up again then he's a goner, so he might as well just roll the dice and tell John H Henry that he wants full control over how the transfer budget gets spent.

He's really had his 'success' season this season. He was in the CL, he was in the EL. We had a heavy rep from the season before to attract the exciting next level players we needed and it was all set up for us to go and stamp our authority on the league but he spunked the transfer budget on non CL type players. Or did he?

Where it fucks up for me is the last bit. I can't honestly say I believe he has spunked all the cash because of this transfer commiddee bollocks. It just makes the whole thing unnecessarily confusing.

I say let him sign who he thinks he needs and if he can't get it right then unfortunately, he's not right for us. Being able to spot the right players is fairly fundamental for footy managers no? 

I want to see him build his team and go for it. Then we can really judge the man's skill set. 

• Upvote 1

It's going to be an awful summer.

We're going to finish fifth/sixth and spend the summer listening to Henry making noises about how they're "fully behind Rodgers" while prospective players run into the arms of our rivals.  United will sign Depay, City will sign De Bruyne, and we'll bring in Ashley Williams and James Milner.

I know I may be in the minority, but I tend to think Rodgers largely got his own way regarding transfers last summer.

I think so too. I think he allowed himself to be boxed in with the Balotelli transfer but he should have been demanding a list of striker options the minute it was obvious Sanchez wasn't joining us.

I think so too. I think he allowed himself to be boxed in with the Balotelli transfer but he should have been demanding a list of striker options the minute it was obvious Sanchez wasn't joining us.

Although not on a par with Suarez, Remy probably would have been excellent for us, and may have compensated for some of the millions we giddily pissed away into the Southampton coffers. I don't think we ever had a chance with Sanchez, or believe he ever showed the slightest interest. We'll probably be going after Pogba and Ings this Summer.

We've been linked with the likes of Begovic, Ashley Williams, Will Hughes, Milner, Danny Ing's and Patrick Roberts. So yeah it's probably going to painful.