You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO stevebaby

Champ

I just wanted to let you all know that unfortunately Ste has not long passed.

I will post something a bit longer a little later on but I just wanted to let you all know.

You'll Never Walk Alone Stephen Gandy.

A man who touched many hearts and minds. Rest easy my man and enjoy the derby.

• Upvote 10

I really don't know what to say. They say teachers come in all forms, and when you least expect them, and I think you can genuinely say that Steve has taught me a lesson about how to approach life, no matter how long or how little you have left.

Rest in peace, Steve. TLW was a better place for having known you.

• Upvote 2

Steve, I know you are gone big man but your story has been awe-inspiring from start to finish. I applaud you for the courage shown to share your battle with us. You are more of a man than most of us will ever be. You are one valiant mother fucker and in your passing I promise that if this cunt of disease ever gets me, I hope to say "Fuck you" to its face like you have! And to the guys (and girls) that donated, spent time with,shared phone calls, made Steve's last moments on earth slightly more bearable, I salute.you. You are commendable to the ends of the earth, I've never seen a community quite like this and I am proud to be associated with Liverpool FC and more importantly be a member of TLW.

• Upvote 6

As I had said the other day I'm shit at talking about this kind of thing.

I am glad to have known Steve and to have been part of what although is a very sad event was something which also had moments of happiness and humour. Steve and all of those who've visited are all deserve huge respect and credit. 

I am rallying tonight so have to be sensible but tomorrow I shall be raising a glass in honour of all of you.

Must go as once again it would appear that I have something in my eye.

• Upvote 1

This has affected far more than it should given I never actually met the man face to face. Honestly gutted; but what an inspirational thread too. I hope I'm as brave and can laugh death right in its poxy little face the way Stevie did when my time comes. Top man.

I think we need to have a wee plaque on the front page or something. "Stevie 2015 - fuck you death, you ain't nothing"

• Upvote 1

Sad news, but an incredible display of dignity from Steve. And basic human decency from all those who befriended him. Huge respect...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the most inspiring thread this forum has ever seen. It deserves its place in the Hall of Fame forum.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for letting us know. 

Isn't it amazing, the passing of someone you've never met can leave you feeling so shitty. How much an impact his sharing has had on us all. What an incredible fellowship and family we have here.

The usual saying would be our thoughts are with those who know you, but that's us, thats each of us reading this thread and receiving that horrible news of the loss of a friend.  

Rest in peace, Steve. You will be so truly missed. 

I just wanted to let you all know that unfortunately Ste has not long passed.

I will post something a bit longer a little later on but I just wanted to let you all know.

You'll Never Walk Alone Stephen Gandy.

A man who touched many hearts and minds. Rest easy my man and enjoy the derby.

Thanks for letting us know, Kev. The friendship, comradeship, you have all shown Steve has been incredible. There are no words for that either.I know you arent looking for thanks but it seems to me that you walked with Steve on his final journey on behalf of us all and I am so grateful to you all for that.

Just make sure you give him a send off befitting of the man!

• Upvote 4

Amazing to think Steve will be informing the lives of people he never met, which I firmly believe will be the case for many of us who've read through his posts on this subject, because exposure to such strength and openness becomes burned on the memory.

Inspirational man, sadly missed already. Very much quality over quantity with his posts, and his capacity to laugh at the dark beauty in life shone through. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Just thinking aloud here, but wouldn't it be fitting to arrange a banner for him at Anfield? Would love to see his name flying at the stadium with a message or phrase from the forum, give the tough old bastard a little bit back with a small token of our esteem.

May you flash your balls in peace now Steve. Cheers mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1