You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

Saw it on Wednesday and thought it was absolutely sensational, probably the best action film I've seen in the last 10 years at least. 

Say what you want about Disney but they've got people onboard who know what Star Wars is all about. It looked and felt like the Star Wars universe, even subtle things - like when she's being transported in the prison vehicle and the Stormtrooper is sat there with his head down covered in shit as if to say 'I fucking hate this job'. 

I really couldn't fault its interpretation of that world at all, fantastic stuff.

• Upvote 1

Say what you want about Disney but they've got people onboard who know what Star Wars is all about. 

I agree, I'm one of the few who seems excited on where they take Indiana Jones next.

IMO, the first thing they should do is ditch Harrison Ford and recast Indy ala James Bond - start afresh. 

I agree, I'm one of the few who seems excited on where they take Indiana Jones next.

IMO, the first thing they should do is ditch Harrison Ford and recast Indy ala James Bond - start afresh. 

And I think that Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and we don't need new movies when the first one achieved perfection that will never be beaten.

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed it as well, particularly the third act.  A timely reminder to Hollywood of what the word "epic" should feel like in the cinema.  Early on the film spent twice as long on some scenes than it needed to, but I'm looking forward to seeing it again as it felt quite tightly packed in terms of it's design, a lot to spot and enjoy on future watching.

The CGI characters were the only mis-steps, but I was so pleased to see the character back I didn't mind that much, I just felt they tried harder to represent him more indirectly.  As always, CGI kills invention in terms of how things are shot. Thought Leia looked fine, but even in that brief moment didn't seem to act like Leia.

Me too. Much, much worse, so much so that I've now decided to just pretend they don't exist.

That's where I've been pretty much since I saw Episode 3 (whose name I neither know nor care about). I hate that whiny cunt who plays Anakin and everything else is downhill from there.
  • Upvote 1

the prequels are among the worst films ever made bar none, they're like cut scenes from a dodgy mid-90s Mega CD game called 'star force 9' or some shit, absolute gash from  top to bottom. it's no coincidence surely that the first line spoken in the force awakens is 'this should start to make things right'. I also thought kylo ren's character was as if someone said 'let's do anakin properly'. 

• Upvote 1