You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where Will We Finish?

Pureblood

Where, but where?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Whereth doth LFC finnisheth?

4th or 5th or 6th. I don't think that our midfield is strong enough, nor that we will concede that many fewer goals, nor that we will replace Suarez's creative impact. I see Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal as having better squads, and our final position will depend on how Spurs and United do or don't do. If we lose out to one of those teams for Champions League, the season will have been a failure.

"Bottom half" button isn't working.

We're fucked.

I think we'll be grand in Europe but our league form will suffer.

20th.

We will be left back in again though next season though as part of the prize for being European Champions on the 10th anniversary of Istanbul - La Decima . There will be war over it because Everton finished 4th and Man Utd show you can never write them off by rallying behind Giggsy to make 17th.

4th or 5th or 6th. I don't think that our midfield is strong enough, nor that we will concede that many fewer goals, nor that we will replace Suarez's creative impact. I see Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal as having better squads, and our final position will depend on how Spurs and United do or don't do. If we lose out to one of those teams for Champions League, the season will have been a failure.

I wouldn't swap our squad for Arsenal squad.

We should finish 3rd and win a cup with the squad we have at our disposal. The midfield is unbalanced but so is Arsenal and Manchester United the later a total mess. Spurs have good and balanced options in midfield but unbalanced in other areas and have spurs flakiness in their DNA. Although I rate Pocchetino so he is a bit of a wildcard but noway should they be finishing above us.

So only City and Chelsea have very well balanced squads.But we have lots of options and one of the most expensively assembled squads in Europe. We have also spent over £60million on defensive reinforcements since last August so I expect vast improvement at the back. No more excuses will wash with rickety defensive shenanigans at the back. Falling out the top four would be total failure but I can not envisage that happening under any circumstances.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

Play Can and Henderson in front of Manquillo Skrtel Sakho and Moreno. Buy a fast, tricky striker/ attacking player to link with Sterling and pray to the gods and we may scrape an EL place but who the fuck wants that?

Or if no cash is available get Ibe back and give him and Sterling a go until the horse placenta works for Sturridge and he's finally fit.

Alternatively, if we stay as we are now, I think we'll be in a relegation battle. Will SG want a new contract if we are in the Championship>?

I said 4th but now I'm thinking 5th, maybe 6th.

The difference is that while I thought Chelsea, City and Arsenal would finish ahead of us and we'd be fighting it out with Spurs and United for 5th, I didn't see Southampton coming.  At the moment they're looking very tough to beat so I think we're competing with Spurs and United for 5th instead of 4th.

I thought 4th too.

We're very lucky that our rivals for top 4 are also making a hash out of the season, thing is we're that bad i don't think it'll make a blind bit of difference, if anything our season has the potential to get a lot worse, even with Sturridge coming back i don't see how we get ourselves out of this hole with a manager who as the weeks go by is looking more and more like he's lost it, to be honest i think he's lost it already.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1