You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

I don't remember there being any consensus on here over the summer about who such a player might be. It's a massively tall order to find any kind of like-for-like replacement for our front three in terms of quality. Pepe was mentioned a lot but he's made a slow start for Arsenal so far.

Who do you think we should go for?

Son, Zaha or Adama Traore.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

I don't remember there being any consensus on here over the summer about who such a player might be. It's a massively tall order to find any kind of like-for-like replacement for our front three in terms of quality. Pepe was mentioned a lot but he's made a slow start for Arsenal so far.

It can't be hard to find a more suitable wide player, Bobby will be a tougher one to find a back up for. 

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Some people would just prefer a back up suited to how we play,  won't ever be Origi obviously. 

Origi obviously suits the way we play, he's a versatile, athletic forward. We could buy someone better than him, obviously, but he's a perfectly fine backup and he's proven that time and time again.

Guest Pistonbroke

You also have to factor the game time in, which is not a lot. Yet the lad is happy to play that role and always puts the effort in. He might look a bit untidy at times but he comes up with important goals, he's also only 24 and has had to endure a bad injury. Having just signed a long term contract it is quite obvious he is in Klopp's plans. 

We only paid a pittance for the lad in the big scheme of things, he'll do as back up for certain situations, we need to strengthen on top of that, not get rid of players who are decent enough to do a job and are happy in that role. 

15 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I've not seen him play, but Donyell Malen at PSV is having a breakout season, at the age of 20. He seems to be in the mould of Salah and Mané.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Origi obviously suits the way we play, he's a versatile, athletic forward. We could buy someone better than him, obviously, but he's a perfectly fine backup and he's proven that time and time again.

By time and time again, you mean behind a broken Stureidge less than 12 months ago, right? 

• Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, Grinch said:

By time and time again, you mean behind a broken Stureidge less than 12 months ago, right? 

Yes, that's what I meant, super funny.

I meant performing in the biggest games across more than one season when he's been called upon and generally scoring at an acceptable rate per minute since he's been at the club.

Also, I'm not sure why you're ignoring that we wouldn't have won anything if he wasn't here. That makes him kind of important.

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, that's what I meant, super funny.

I meant performing in the biggest games across more than one season when he's been called upon and generally scoring at an acceptable rate per minute since he's been at the club.

Also, I'm not sure why you're ignoring that we wouldn't have won anything if he wasn't here. That makes him kind of important.

I'm not sure how you forgot that less than 12 months ago, he was deemed less suitable than Sturridge who couldn't run

You were banging on bout season of the studge at the time, wrongly then too. 

Origis going to go the way every other obviously average player we have does, to  lesser club as soon as Klopp get funds.   Inexplicably there was none this year. 

Funnily enough, people soon change their tune then.   Not many banging on about how great Joe Allen is these days. 

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I'm not sure how you forgot that less than 12 months ago, he was deemed less suitable than Sturridge who couldn't run

You were banging on bout season of the studge at the time, wrongly then too. 

Origis going to go the way every other obviously average player we have does, to  lesser club as soon as Klopp get funds.   Inexplicably there was none this year. 

Funnily enough, people soon change their tune then.   Not many banging on about how great Joe Allen is these days. 

He signed a new 5 year deal this summer but don't let that fact get in the way.

Bottom line is he greatly contributed to us winning something and scores goals at a decent rate per minute. Those are facts. What you're writing is nonsense and subjective.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He signed a new 5 year deal this summer but don't let that fact get in the way.

Bottom line is he greatly contributed to us winning something and scores goals at a decent rate per minute. Those are facts. What you're writing is nonsense and subjective.

Oh that means he'll be at the club for five more years, right? 

13 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Oh that means he'll be at the club for five more years, right? 

It means the club values him and have rewarded him for his efforts. Efforts which you don't acknowledge because you know little about the game and have some weird, incessantly negative shtick on here.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It means the club values him and have rewarded him for his efforts. Efforts which you don't acknowledge because you know little about the game and have some weird, incessantly negative shtick on here.

It means he's wortH money,  nothing more, nothing less. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Kai Havertz. He can play wide, and links up well with wide players when he plays CAM. Not a like for like, but he's strong and aggressive, as well as skillful.