You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

19 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

There's a difference between being willing to sell a player and actually selling a player. Ings was loaned out with a permament deal attached to it. Moreno was allowed to leave the club. As was Clyne. Sakho was sold. They were not given the choice, they were not given the chance to prove themselves. I don't think Wilson has been given the chance to prove himself either but he may not be good enough. If he isn't, he will probably be sold and he most likely won't have a choice in the matter.

The fact that Origi is still at the club says as much about Origi as it says about the club.

Well it says Origi refused to leave as that's what happened. 

13 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

There are plently of players in Liverpool's history that are far from legendary but contributed massively to the success enjoyed.

Craig Johnston (or Johnson) generally didn't play as many games as the others at that time and he certainly didn't look as good as Dalglish or Rush but he definitely contributed when he did play. There will be others in the past and there will more in the future. He's a decent player - sure you need the world class and top players but you also need the decent ones who contribute.

Fucking hell you are seriously comparing Craig Johnston to Divock Origi. Johnston was head and shoulders above him by fucking miles

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Fucking hell you are seriously comparing Craig Johnston to Divock Origi. Johnston was head and shoulders above him by fucking miles

Where was Craig Johnston to Kenny and Rush?

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

His attitude isn't shit, ffs. Whenever we've needed him in some of our biggest matches in the last 5 years, he has delivered for us.

The problem is that he has no clear role in the team. He'll start a game every couple months or get 15 minutes here and there in some complex, half left wing, half striker role that Mane does but that he can't because he just doesn't have that kind of world class quality. That's why he should probably go. He'll go play up front in an ok side somewhere and he'll bang in the goals. 

It is. Because most of the time he comes on he is really ineffective. Theres the odd occasion he influences a match. Maybe some of it can be attributed to being stuck wide, i dunno.

Bottom line is he isnt good enough and never was.

• Downvote 1

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

It is. Because most of the time he comes on he is really ineffective. Theres the odd occasion he influences a match. Maybe some of it can be attributed to being stuck wide, i dunno.

Bottom line is he isnt good enough and never was.

In your opinion.

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Well it says Origi refused to leave as that's what happened. 

There is no way that a player would stay at Liverpool because they refused to leave. They would be frozen out. Look at what's happening and has happened to other players.

9 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Well for a start he didn't always play up front. He contributed massively from 84 onwards, big part of the double side, big part of the 88 side. He wasn't a bit part player he was a starter a lot of the time.

He made 228 appearances from 1981 to 1988 in LM, CM, RM, AM and CF. In those 228 appearances he scored 36 goals. That's 1 goal every 6.33333333333 games. How many games did Kenny play? How many games did Rush play? If you like, I will find those too and post them but seeing as one of them has the nickname 'King Kenny' and Ian Rush is currently the record scorer for the club I think that would definitely show that Craig Johnston had a lot of competition for his place. He was an important part of the team from 1986 to 1988, when he made most of his appearances. Around 5 years after he signed.

I'll let you provide how many goals Divock has scored, along with the equivalent stats that compared to Salah and Mané that prove Divock is indeed shit compared to Craig Johnston who apparently was miles above him.

Before you get smart, this is not a Craig Johnston is shit post. This is to show that sometimes good players have brick walls in their way and they have to do their best when they can to perform. Johnston did that when he had two club legends in the way. In my opinion, Divock is doing that too. But show me the stats that prove Dicock is shit and I will definitely bow down.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Nah. 19 goals in 6 years pal.

19 league goals. 34 in total. And it’s 5 years. He’s a 1 in 4 with mainly sub appearances. That would get him a statue across the park 

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

34 in 140 in total 

So he needs two more to equal Craig Johnston. Whom played in a more successful team, winning more trophies having played 88 games less. I believe that works out to 4.117647 games per goal in so far a less successful team. That could change though.

I don't know. Does that mean Divock is shit? Not according to those statistics and apparently according to @BeefStroganoff it's the statistics that prove he is shit.

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

He's still the best attacking sub we have, imo, so unless we're bringing someone else in I'd keep him.

Agreed, but I thought at the time, and even more so now, we should have kept Ings. He’s such a perfect fit for this system. 

7 minutes ago, belarus said:

19 league goals. 34 in total. And it’s 5 years. He’s a 1 in 4 with mainly sub appearances. That would get him a statue across the park 

Send him across there then and we can get someone you'd actually want to come off the bench or start when needed. 

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Send him across there then and we can get someone you'd actually want to come off the bench or start when needed. 

Who?

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

Agreed, but I thought at the time, and even more so now, we should have kept Ings. He’s such a perfect fit for this system. 

Yeah I've thought that. Maybe they had doubts about his pace and/or fitness?

Just now, Duff Man said:

Yeah I've thought that. Maybe they had doubts about his pace and/or fitness?

Haard to think how much Southampton would demand for him now they have basically given him the platform to regenerate.