You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Southampton echo saying that they aren't selling Lallana before the World Cup. They reckon his value will increase after the tournament. Fuck em, lets sign Shaqiri and save about £10 Million.

I really cant see his value increasing any further. The only way that would happen is if the billionaire oil clubs want him. Southampton probably think we have Commoli in charge.

The likes of Pedro/Sanchez wont be going for much more than the money we have bid.

I really cant see his value increasing any further. The only way that would happen is if the billionaire oil clubs want him. Southampton probably think we have Commoli in charge.

The likes of Pedro/Sanchez wont be going for much more than the money we have bid.

Could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. You should be looking at more bang for your buck when paying 25 million plus. Pedro as an example. He's won how many league and European cups? Not to mention international honours. He's coming into his peak and his fee will be comparable to Lallana's! Fucking mind boggling.

Fine by me. Walk away. Look elsewhere. If they think he'll have a fantastic World Cup and his value will soar then clearly none of them have ever watched an England or Roy Hodgson team.

Exactly, also at the very least we've driven up his price for Spurs where he'll end up moving to for £30 million.

Good player but for the money someone line Sanchez would be better.

Yeah that's true. I just think that when your talking about spending potentially upwards of £30 million, their are better options, that would improve us more than Lallana. I'm not against buying him, he's a tidy footballer. Never in the memory of man is he worth that much.

A lot of people would probably have said they'd rather have Ozil than any of our midfielders last season. It's as much about compatibility as it is talent.

Id have Ozil everyday over lallana, if lallana goes for 30m or more arsenal got a bargain.

He was suffering from fitness issues last season and looked to be sulking about being dumped by real, hes still a top class player and I expect him to shine next season.

Edited by JermainePennant

What will Southampton do if Lallana puts in a transfers request? I know we told Suarez to shut up, but i cant see Southampton being able to do that.  

They will probably celebrate. Another couple of million they dont have to pay as loyalty bonuses.

Id have Ozil everyday over lallana, if lallana goes for 30m or more arsenal got a bargain.

He was suffering from fitness issues and looked to sulking about being dumped by real, hes still a top class player and I expect him to shine next season.

Me too, but I'd also rather have a Ferrari instead of my shitty Vauxhall even though I couldn't afford to keep one and probably wouldn't know what to do with it.

You could never predict Ozil would be that shit for Arsenal where as Lallana is about as close to a Rodgers player as u can get. Never worth the asking price though so it's a moot point.

This is getting ridiculous.  We're also rumoured to have put in a £15m bid for Lovren.

If we actually pay Southampton over £40m for Lallana and Lovren then someone needs their head examined.  Take £30 million over to Barca for Pedro or, better still, to Dortmund for Reus.  Fabregas would work as well.  Or Muller.  We can always get a cheaper option for a third centre back like Caulker or someone if we need to save a bit there to get a truly good player up front to complete the squad.

Or there's a whole host of options we could get for £25 million, if we really want to keep it at that figure for an AM/WF.  Di Maria's rumoured to be available for that price (though his wages would be higher than Lallana's, who cares?  He's miles better.)  Moutinho could be gotten for that.  We could go back for Mkhitaryan for that.  Alexis Sanchez, Lars Bender, Griezmann as well, probably.  Shaqiri would be even cheaper.

Lallana is a good player, don't get me wrong.  If Rodgers is desperate for him, I can see the argument or paying more than the £15m he's worth.  Maybe £20m, you can make a case for that.  But as soon as it became clear that Southampton were holding out for more we should have gotten ready to walk away.  As soon as they turned down £25m it becomes clear that they're in cuckoo-land as far as their valuation goes - he's clearly worth more to them than he is to us, so we shouldn't be trying to do this deal.

• Upvote 4

People are just listing players they think are worth £25m or £30m or £35m, regardless of what they will give to Rodgers.

Why would Rodgers go for Pedro (for a recent example!) when he obviously is completely different to Lallana and Rodgers is wanting someone in Lallana's vein? Just to spend the £30m in his pocket?

He'll have a strategy.

What does Pedro bring to the table, Ne Moe?

Nothing similar to Lallana as far as I have seen.

Er, more goals?  19 goals and 13 assists last season, has won most everything there is to win, same age as Lallana but instead of one good season in the top-flight has been doing his bit to keep big money players out of the Barca side for about 4-5 seasons now.  Gets between 15-25 goals per season, consistently and at least 10 assists most of the time as well.

Sure he can play a bit further up the pitch but I think either Lallana or Pedro would be rotating with Sterling and Coutinho depending on fitness/tactics, so they're pretty comparable as players in terms of how they fit into our side.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Pedro, Fabregas, Di Maria, Isco, Sanchez, all rumoured to be available for around 25-30m. I like Lallana, but sense must prevail.

• Upvote 2

Sure he can play a bit further up the pitch but I think either Lallana or Pedro would be rotating with Sterling and Coutinho depending on fitness/tactics, so they're pretty comparable as players in terms of how they fit into our side.

I'll bow to greater knowledge but Pedro seems to me to be a striker who plays wide. Whereas Lallana seems to be a link player with an ability to cut in from wide positions. They seem to be fundamentally different to me.

You'll probably have watched them more than I but that's definitely the impression I get.