You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Why?

Why would we want yet another wide forward, one who isn't any better than Coutinho, or Lallana, or Markovic, or Sterling?  It's the last position we need more players for.

Lallana and Coutinho will probably be more seen in midfield.  

If we switch to a 4-3-3 then wide players will be needed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Why?

Why would we want yet another wide forward, one who isn't any better than Coutinho, or Lallana, or Markovic, or Sterling?  It's the last position we need more players for.

Coutinho and Lallana won't be played as wide forwards, and the other two are right sided. We've got no left sided wingers. It was pretty obvious last season that we were blunt down the left.

Coutinho and Lallana won't be played as wide forwards, and the other two are right sided. We've got no left sided wingers. It was pretty obvious last season that we were blunt down the left.

But they could conceivably start on the side of a three. And do the job comfortably.

Money to be spent on FBs, a striker and a midfielder.

Yes.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

But they could conceivably start on the side of a three. And do the job comfortably.

Money to be spent on FBs, a striker and a midfielder.

Yes.

Well, I'm assuming the manager wants another attacker - hence Sanchez interest - and at £12m he's a potential barge. I think FBs are more important than any player we've got so far, but the club seems to have different ideas.

I don't think we're going to sign anyone to replace Suarez so to speak. We're more likely to be relying on.. Sturridge staying fit and continuing to bang in the goals, Coutinho and Sterling to continue progressing while adding more goals/assists and Lallana, Lambert, Borini, Markovic getting us 30 odd goals. 

So really you'd be hoping we went out and spent some of the Suarez money on two quality full-backs and a centre half. Doesn't seem likely though. 

I am gutted that Arsenal are seemingly getting Sanchez.

Hope the cunt breaks his legs for picking them cockney cunts over us. Prick.

if he is really stupid enough to go there then more fool him, and yet another case of Arsenal signing an extremely talented player but once again not the player they need

The combination of Allen and Henderson is a good one, I think. It offers mobility, pressing, possession, good passing. If they can get time together and learn to release one and the other stay back, then we're onto something.

No, no, no. Too one dimensional and light. Where is the creativity, power, strength, passion, shooting ability in those two? Yes, they run and they pass and they close down, But against any team that is halfway comfortable in possession, or who has a solid defense, they are just background noise. We can use one, because that role is important, but we can't sacrifice another midfield spot in order to essentially have the same player twice on the pitch.

The Official Agent™ ‏@_OfficialAgent_ 37m

World Exclusive: #LFC are in talks with #Higuain's agent. Confirmed. #Napoli

I also seen today that Higuains odds to join us have come down from 16/1 to 9/2. Don't know about Higuain , never been entirely convinced whenever I've seen him.