You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Shetland - it is up to about Episode 6 of Series 8, I like it a lot. The characters in it are a bit quirky, as you would expect from Ann Cleeves (Vera), and its an offbeat location that steers away from run of the mill smalltown stories. Douglas Henshall has knocked it off after this series which is a shame as I like his portrayal of a detective who is just burned out and its all becoming too much for him. Its a solid 8/10 for me.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Shetland - it is up to about Episode 6 of Series 8, I like it a lot. The characters in it are a bit quirky, as you would expect from Ann Cleeves (Vera), and its an offbeat location that steers away from run of the mill smalltown stories. Douglas Henshall has knocked it off after this series which is a shame as I like his portrayal of a detective who is just burned out and its all becoming too much for him. Its a solid 8/10 for me.

It's very enjoyable, Sandy's a dick though...

18 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I just watched the first episode of Mare of Easttown. I was looking forward to this but I was a bit bored and am not sure that I want to watch the rest of it.

I managed one episode and have never managed to get back to it. Not sure I will now either. 

I have just finished Killing It with Craig Robinson. Very enjoyable nonsense about a bloke who's trying to get his life back on track by killing snakes in Florida. It also has Scott MacArthur and Claudia O'Doherty in it. 8/10

6 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I tend to stick to watching miniseries, as I can’t be arsed waiting a year or so for the next instalment of a programme. What are people’s top 5 miniseries of the last five years? Actually, it might be worth starting a new thread.

From the top of my head;

When They See Us

Chernobyl 

Dopesick 

The Night Of 

Dr. Death 

I've watched 2 episodes of Sharp Objects and am really enjoying that as well.

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I enjoyed banshee..complete fucking nonsense, but enjoyable complete fucking nonsense. 

Never thought I’d ever say these words but the sex scenes got in the way of the story. I ended up forwarding them towards the end. 

(Hangs up penis for good)

1 minute ago, Elite said:

From the top of my head;

When They See Us

Chernobyl 

Dopesick 

The Night Of 

Dr. Death 

Great calls on the first four. I'll add Dr Death to the list. 

The first three are vitally important fact-based dramas that are more compelling (and infuriating) than entertaining. 

11 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I tend to stick to watching miniseries, as I can’t be arsed waiting a year or so for the next instalment of a programme. What are people’s top 5 miniseries of the last five years? Actually, it might be worth starting a new thread.

Ozark & cobra Kai are a very good watch

7 hours ago, Elite said:

From the top of my head;

When They See Us

Chernobyl 

Dopesick 

The Night Of 

Dr. Death 

I enjoyed all of them, but there's been loads lately as they're doing loads of shows based on true stories.... 

The offer

The staircase

The girl from plainville 

Super pumped

Wecrashed

Impeachment (American crime story series and there's a few of them, but stand alone stories per season, People vs OJ Simpson was another)

Under the Banner of Heaven

Pistol

The Comey Rule

Escape at Dannemora

Waco

Five days at memorial

The man who fell to earth (although while initially it was meant to be a.mini, apparently there might be a second season)

Pam & Tommy

Probably a few more. Most of what I've watched over the last year I reckon have been miniseries. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I enjoyed all of them, but there's been loads lately as they're doing loads of shows based on true stories.... 

The offer

The staircase

The girl from plainville 

Super pumped

Wecrashed

Impeachment (American crime story series and there's a few of them, but stand alone stories per season, People vs OJ Simpson was another)

Under the Banner of Heaven

Pistol

The Comey Rule

Escape at Dannemora

Waco

Five days at memorial

The man who fell to earth (although while initially it was meant to be a.mini, apparently there might be a second season)

Pam & Tommy

Probably a few more. Most of what I've watched over the last year I reckon have been miniseries. 

Waco and Pam & Tommie were boss. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Elite said:

From the top of my head;

When They See Us

Chernobyl 

Dopesick 

The Night Of 

Dr. Death 

I will probably never watch Chernobyl until they do a Russian/Ukranian version. Unfortunately it might be a live action event nowadays.