You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

3 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Finished the first series of 1923, enjoyable but every single scene the blonde woman is in i just want to fast forward it, spent far, far too much time on their story arc.

Yeah, she got on my tit end.

The whole getting from Africa back to Montana saga bored me to tears and they're still not there yet!

But equally a lot happens, it's just on a really small scale that impacts two people and the people who are dragged into their orbit instead of these mass events we're used to.

Is the house in the cold open the house from the second game, looks very similar with the tractor in the paddock.

19 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

But equally a lot happens, it's just on a really small scale that impacts two people and the people who are dragged into their orbit instead of these mass events we're used to.

Is the house in the cold open the house from the second game, looks very similar with the tractor in the paddock.

I thought the same thing, I think

it is the same house.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think they've rushed the series too much. 

Can't think of anything they've left out to be honest, the only bit's you aren't getting in the series are the gameplay/puzzle solving bits which are usually the focus, and downfall, of other game adaptations.

They maybe could have expanded on Ish's storyline but that would have all been exposition so how they covered it in Ep5 seemed ok.

Beyond that it would have been lots of shooting infected in tunnels or building over and over.

44 minutes ago, Moo said:

The Last of Us series finale was great.

It's slow, not a great deal happens from episode to episode really, but I really like it.  The cold opening to this episode was fantastic.

Does the TV series end in the same way as the game? I really don't remember it ending like that but I played it once when it came out years ago. 

4 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Can't think of anything they've left out to be honest, the only bit's you aren't getting in the series are the gameplay/puzzle solving bits which are usually the focus, and downfall, of other game adaptations.

They maybe could have expanded on Ish's storyline but that would have all been exposition so how they covered it in Ep5 seemed ok.

Beyond that it would have been lots of shooting infected in tunnels or building over and over.

I feel some of the character interactions could of went more than one episode per person and situation, they also could of done more of Joel and Ellie fighting infected and their bond growing, everything just felt rushed especially the last episode. Kind of like game of thrones where the first few series was story and character building and then the last two series they just ploughed through it to get it done.

Guess it's a balance between making it too long by extending what are brief interactions in game or keeping it true to the story, a few characters are given extended billing the Bill and Frank stuff is given far more screen time than we get in the game and even the Joel and Tommy stuff is slightly longer (or confined to Jackson rather than played out over a search and shootout sequence like it is in the game).

Lots of meat in the second game so wouldn't be surprised if that's played out over a longer season or split in two.

27 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Throughout I was most intrigued by the last location: what was happening there, how it was set up, what they were going to do with Ellie when she got there. And then bang it's all over.

Could have used two episodes to cover it.

7/10 for me as well.

The first game was never about the wider world it's just about Joel and Ellie and there relationship as they move through it, the cure, whether it's possible or what the fire flies would have done with it is largely inconsequential.

Part 2 opens that up and gives you more on what impact Ellie and Joel have on the world, how these various groups survive and the logistics of it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

The first game was never about the wider world it's just about Joel and Ellie and there relationship as they move through it, the cure, whether it's possible or what the fire flies would have done with it is largely inconsequential.

Part 2 opens that up that world and gives you more on what impact Ellie and Joel have on the world, how these various groups survive and the logistics of it.

Good to know, thanks.

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

The programme last night about the search for the Erebus and its fateful search for the Northwest passage was good, what a horror those men must of endured. Also witness accounts by the Inuits proved correct.Grim.

The first series of The Terror is about Franklin's expedition, a really good watch although it does go a bit heavily into the supernatural/ delusional aspect. It used to be on BBC iPlayer, but it looks like only the shit second series- that has nothing to do with the first- is there now.

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

The programme last night about the search for the Erebus and its fateful search for the Northwest passage was good, what a horror those men must of endured. Also witness accounts by the Inuits proved correct.Grim.

They left England accepting the fact that they were going to spend at least one winter trapped on what was, effectively, the surface of the moon.

Madness.