You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PFA Player & 'Young' Player Awards

Gym Beglin

Using a neutral bookie, Bet Victor, these are the odds for the 'Young Player':

Hazard - 4/11

Oh wait, may as well stop there. 

Go on then, for the record, these are 'the others'...

Sturridge 7/2

Ramsey 10/1

Barkley 14/1

Sterling 16/1

Henderson 33/1

Oscar 33/1

Januzaj 40/1

What about the big one, the PFA PLayer of the Year Award?

Suarez 1/8

Hazard 8/1

Sturridge 20/1

Y Toure 20/1

Aguero 100/1

Kompany 100/1

Gerrard 100/1

I reckon Hazard will get both.  There's previous for it with Bale, and let's face it, Suarez shouldn't be 1/8 considering his 'friends' in the game in this country.  Not that I think Hazard is the player of the year.

If it was fair, and if the young player of the year was for players aged under 21 only, then I'd likely give the young player award to Sterling.

Hazard has been very good & I think it would be fair for him to get the young one & Luis the main one.

The carrying-on by all them second division divvies with 2 haircuts at the awards last year makes me wonder if Luis might get shafted & Hazard might get both.

I'm more concerned with which comedian the fa will book for this years show. Don't want a repeat of last years shambles, with the fa scoring an own goal with the racism issue. I think they should play safe and just get Roy Hodgson in to do his NASA, monkey, moonrocket jokes. His performance apparently went down a bomb with the players when he tried it in a half time England team talk.

• Upvote 1

If Suarez doesn't win it then there should be a lot of people feeling embarrassed.  That goes for  the players and the writers award.

I'm not sure there's ever been a more clear winner.  He's leading the league in goals and assists, and he gave everyone a five game head start!

• Upvote 3

I think Hazard is nailed on, he gets rediculous reviews in all the usual media outlets and MOTD.

That said, if Aguero sticks together a sublime run in these last 10 games then he could get in, and 100/1 is worth a quid or two.

Ramsey's injuries did for him, otherwise he'd get the young player award.

How the fuckity fuck is Barkley lower odds than Sterling. He's a very good prospect but Sterling's been immense since Hull away. Hazard will prob get it, not that he should, but as previous posters have said quoting super intendant chalmers psycho buddy "it's just as God dam popularity contest with you kids "

Odds change based on where the money's going and where bookies want to channel punters, nothing more.

I reckon Suarez will get the main award as his performances and stats are just too good to ingore now. It's got to the point that to do so would blatently undermine any outcome to the contrary.

Suarez and Hazard will clean up all the awards going.

Don't they do the voting for the players one in January or something?

In which case Luis should win fairly easily as he walloped his way through December.  Hazard has been good, but it's only the last couple of weeks that the narrative of him being amazing has really taken hold.

The writers vote may depend on who wins the league.

Hazard has half the goals, and half the assists of Suarez, so naturally i think he has the edge. Personally i think it should be between Suarez and Toure. By far the standout players this season.

Plus neither of them kick ball boys for fun in their spare time.

Despite doing next to fuck all but playing for Manchester United, means Janet Jazz Jazz Jam must be in with a proper shout for young player. That's how these things work isn't it?

When is it announced anyway?