You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hoovering up relegated talent

Gym Beglin

No, they finished 15th the season before we bought him.

...and as for the rest of the post, Lambert was an addendum, not part of it's main content... and was included with a clear caveat showing it wasn't a genuine suggestion.

I said year not season. He had already shown how was capable of playing at the top level.

Writing off all the players from a team due to their league position doesn't make sense. As an example look at Tevez and Masch when they were at west ham. They didn't turn out to be too shite did they?

Most people knew they were huge talents and they were attractive to big clubs even before they joined West Ham though. A move that was a bit of a shock to the football world as well.

We signed Alonso from a mid-table side... you buy players with the right skills, it doesn't matter where they are from.

Were you one of the people moaning off the Clyne rumours because you've never noticed him despite him having two excellent games against us and generally being one of the most prominent young full backs in English football?

Fact is that in Lallana, Shaw, Clyne, Ward-Prowse, Chambers etc. They have a group of Premier League ready, talented players from a proven youth academy (true of Clyne as well, just not from Soton) with big potential and plenty of time to adapt to a big club. On top of that you have Schneiderlin who is a good, strong, battling midfielder and some good strikers you could see fitting in our squad. So it's not such an insane suggestion and doesn't bear comparison with wanting us to sign Delph, Shane Long or Curtis Davies or some shite.

Personally I'd quite like Schneiderlin and think Clyne could be a feasible target with Chambers looking good enough to take over. If I thought we had a chance at Shaw I'd be in for him too.

I'd also give Lambert a season if we could get him cheap, but mainly for the sentiment.

Your 1st sentence alone you made a bollocks of, alonso was the reason his team nearly won the league a year before, Southampton are a midtable side at best, bar shaw not one of them will ever play CL football

• Upvote 1

Your 1st sentence alone you made a bollocks of, alonso was the reason his team nearly won the league a year before, Southampton are a midtable side at best, bar shaw not one of them will ever play CL football

Yeah and I've already been through that nonsense with Robbie, funny that you both only seem willing to contend with the ancillary parts of my post.