You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2014

DanDanShaw

Going the Echo tonight to watch the show,young lad John Quigley a mate of my lads boxing in his 12 bout tonight , sparring and training with my sons since he was 11 and he turned out a top Amateur and his unbeaten in the pro ranks so far and is making steady progress,early days but going in the right direction.

how did he do mate as it wasn't on the Sky coverage

how did he do mate as it wasn't on the Sky coverage

He won mate he was on early I think he'll get a crack at the English tittle soon so he's going the right way,did you watch the show on Sky mate I thought Callum Smith boxed well what did you think,also Nathan Cleverly looked sharp but I don't think the opponent was too clever but as you know you can only box who they put in front of you.

I was at the Echo bill, I nearly spat my drink out when Bellew said "I ain't struggling to sell tickets here" to an half empty, half cut off Echo Arena.  They had the curtain up and the entire top tier closed, plus 50% of the crowd jolted after the Anthony Joshua fight.  Such a shit bill and shit atmopshere.

I had Lara to win on points with a few other low odds fights in a 8 fold.  Only one that let me down for £900 was Lara, but I had him winning - I don't have a clue why I went Lara on points, Canelo is the cash cow, Lara was never getting the nod.

He won mate he was on early I think he'll get a crack at the English tittle soon so he's going the right way,did you watch the show on Sky mate I thought Callum Smith boxed well what did you think,also Nathan Cleverly looked sharp but I don't think the opponent was too clever but as you know you can only box who they put in front of you.

That's great news i will have to watch out for him. I usually get to the boxing but had a commitment i couldn't get out of. I did record it on sky and watch it later, i thought Callum Smith did really well once he stopped trying to just knock him out and started boxing, it is great to have such a great young prospect from the city though. I couldn't really decide on Cleverly as i think i could have gone a few rounds with the guy he was fighting, same with Anthony Joshua, Skelton is 47 and looked it. 

The bullshit between Cleverly and Bellew was hilarious though.

I was at the Echo bill, I nearly spat my drink out when Bellew said "I ain't struggling to sell tickets here" to an half empty, half cut off Echo Arena.  They had the curtain up and the entire top tier closed, plus 50% of the crowd jolted after the Anthony Joshua fight.  Such a shit bill and shit atmopshere.

I had Lara to win on points with a few other low odds fights in a 8 fold.  Only one that let me down for £900 was Lara, but I had him winning - I don't have a clue why I went Lara on points, Canelo is the cash cow, Lara was never getting the nod.

was it really that bad? it didn't look it on the tv, still i suppose they know how to position the camera's. half the crowd to watch Joshua against Skelton!!! Fucking hell ! what a waste of time. What did you make of the Smith brothers?

These matchroom cards are getting gradually worse imo.

There's no competitive fights at all on the cards.

Every fight is basically a matchroom fighter vs some absolute and utter bum.

I'm sick of watching Anthony Joshua, callum Smith and every other fighter knock some punch bag with a pulse over, it's fucking shocking viewing.

Just back from a music festival in Spain, missed a bit of the boxing!

was it really that bad? it didn't look it on the tv, still i suppose they know how to position the camera's. half the crowd to watch Joshua against Skelton!!! Fucking hell ! what a waste of time. What did you make of the Smith brothers?

Oh it was bad mate, half empty.  Well more than half empty, Callum Smith needed rounds so that was good.  Stephen Smith didn't look that good, but then again - I think I've seen him look good once, against Buckland.

I'm sick of watching Anthony Joshua, callum Smith and every other fighter knock some punch bag with a pulse over, it's fucking shocking viewing.

It's a joke, they're making a mint on all these cards because they don't pay the prospects top money.  I bet there's been less than 10 competitive fights on Matchroom shows this season, anytime we do get a half decent card - it's PPV!

My lads have just got their Mayweather v Maidana tickets for September.

One of the best thing's I ever did was go to a Mayweather event, the entire time was just unreal.  It's not like going to a Liverpool away in Europe were you chill/drink for a couple of days, watch the match and come home.  There's just boxing themed shit going on all week, small local cards, pressers, weigh ins, workouts, meet and greats, etc... I need to go to another soon!

Manny Pacquiao v Chris Algieri on November 22 in Macau.

Awful fight.  Algieri has literally won the lottery here.

Anyone else see that Fury - Chisora presser?

Fury's a tit.  Managed to get free tickets to this though, Team Chisora as always!

Anybody see Rigo?  TKO1 - it was like Floyd Vs Ortiz.  Very unsporting.

97qjpl.jpg

Look's like you spoke to soon, what a shite card that is.  You must be able to see into the future with that shout haha!

Posted Image

Look's like you spoke to soon, what a shite card that is. You must be able to see into the future with that shout haha!

I just saw it earlier. It's not a bad card at all is it.

I'll be going to that. The national stadium is the oldest tailor made boxing stadium in the world. It's only small, so there's not a bad seat in the house.

I'll gladly eat my words.

I just saw it earlier. It's not a bad card at all is it.

I'll be going to that. The national stadium is the oldest tailor made boxing stadium in the world. It's only small, so there's not a bad seat in the house.

I'll gladly eat my words.

I was being serious, I think that card's wank!  Macklin in a easy fight, and all the usual suspects being rolled out and beating up journeymen!

I was being serious, I think that card's wank! Macklin in a easy fight, and all the usual suspects being rolled out and beating up journeymen!

I agree there's no 50/50's but im more than happy seeing the likes of yafai and Joshua. When this card was first muted there was talk of a prize fighter, so thank fuck it's not that