You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The longer it goes without him signing a new contract, the less chance there is of him staying. Given his knob head agent was leaking stories every couple of months last time and hasn’t said anything so far, I assume there isn’t anything talk to leak…

IMG_0630.png

"new club"? i thought it didn't work like that over there unless it was one of the "poor" teams like where gerrard and henderson are? i thought otherwise PIF agree to stump the money and land the player at the club of their choosing that they own. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

"new club"? i thought it didn't work like that over there unless it was one of the "poor" teams like where gerrard and henderson are? i thought otherwise PIF agree to stump the money and land the player at the club of their choosing that they own. 

No idea. 4 different PIF owned teams bidding for him would be odd. 

I wonder if any Saudi teams will come back in for Diaz?

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

PiL > PIF.

There's a chance that the club want to do the deal in the summer. I'm not sure I agree buy having lost Mane and Bobby for essentially fuck all they may view it as needed money to replace him as he isntbgetting younger. Fuck knows who could replace him though can't think of many stand out right wingers these days. 

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

There's a chance that the club want to do the deal in the summer. I'm not sure I agree buy having lost Mane and Bobby for essentially fuck all they may view it as needed money to replace him as he isntbgetting younger. Fuck knows who could replace him though can't think of many stand out right wingers these days. 

The only way he can stay is if he signs an extension, we can’t turn down >£100m. 

As for a replacement, Olise, Bakayoko, Raphina & Sane are likely all obtainable (assuming Sane continues a contract stand off with Bayern), although only Sane is currently anything like approaching Mo’s quality. 

I read we really like Openda from Leipzig. He has an €80m release clause, although it can’t be activated until 2025. He’s more left / central anyway. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

The only way he can stay is if he signs an extension, we can’t turn down >£100m. 

As for a replacement, Olise, Bakayoko, Raphina & Sane are likely all obtainable (assuming Sane continues a contract stand off with Bayern), although only Sane is currently anything like approaching Mo’s quality. 

I read we really like Openda from Leipzig. He has an €80m release clause, although it can’t be activated until 2025. 

That Bakyoko is nowhere ready. Brentford had a 35ml offer for him accepted and he turned them down. I know he's young and his assist numbers are good but I watch him against Rangers in the champions league qualifiers and he was average at best. 

Olise looks good, but he needs to improve his goal scoring if he was to replace Mo. 

Sane will resign with Bayern. Using our supposed interest the same way Mbappe camp use our 'interest' to play clubs off against each other

Raphina time has past. Reckon he might have linked well with Nunez as a 9, he far more created than inverted winger. But once you start stinking it up at Barcelona there's no way back

If Olise keeps adding more goals, he will be a star and would be a worthy replacement. He's not the type of attacking player we typically look at though. He doesn't have the physicality or intensity we go for. Jota, Diaz and Nunez are all fighters and Gakpo is 6 foot 4.

17 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Loads of right wingers here.

Z(8).jpg

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That Bakyoko is nowhere ready. Brentford had a 35ml offer for him accepted and he turned them down. I know he's young and his assist numbers are good but I watch him against Rangers in the champions league qualifiers and he was average at best. 

Olise looks good, but he needs to improve his goal scoring if he was to replace Mo. 

Sane will resign with Bayern. Using our supposed interest the same way Mbappe camp use our 'interest' to play clubs off against each other

Raphina time has past. Reckon he might have linked well with Nunez as a 9, he far more created than inverted winger. But once you start stinking it up at Barcelona there's no way back

Don’t disagree on Olise and Bakayoko having to up their numbers. Olise would count as home grown as well, which would be handy. 

Or we could play a right footer there, have them hug the touchline and allowing Trent to step up more. 

I hope Mo signs an extension and has another go at the CL with us, I somewhat accept that it’s 50/50 whether he does or not. 

I don’t think it’s the end of the world if Mo does go though. He’s obviously been a great player for us, we’ve never struggled for creating chances under Klopp. Mo has been great for the system and the system has been great for Mo. 

Fuck off to the January transfer thread with this shite. 

This is not a thread to discuss bank average midtable players, this is a thread about the best player in our recent history. 

Some of the names mentioned above here should be worthy of a ban. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd he gutted if he left as I think he's still got a couple of superb years ahead of him. Rarely injured, amazingly consistent numbers and just don't think there is anyone out there who we can get to replace him. 

We might get 100/150m for him which is amazing given he's 32 at the end of this season but I think it's a very short sighted approach and would significantly weaken us. 

Really hope he signs an extension. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Code said:

Fuck off to the January transfer thread with this shite. 

This is not a thread to discuss bank average midtable players, this is a thread about the best player in our recent history. 

Some of the names mentioned above here should be worthy of a ban. 

I don’t think that is fair at all. 

Shirley, a thread dedicated to one of our best players ever players should also be where we discuss his contract situation and potential replacements. 

I was on the fence in August, I didn’t really have a preference either way. I actually think his all round game is probably the best it’s ever been. I sincerely hope he extends again. 

A few pages back I put I hope his contract is continually automatically renewed like Messi’s was at Barca and I still hope this is the case (well, until it wasn’t anyway). It protects the club from losing millions in a transfer and protects Mo that if he drops off and is phased out, there is an agreement ahead of time he can move on. 

However, if he really wants the additional Saudi money (which he might) then it’s foolish to deny we are in the last 6 months of his career with us and need to be looking ahead. 

I'll be shocked if he doesn't leave in the summer.  We might even get more for him than we would have last summer as I think the Saudi's will want him to be their statement signing next time round.  Hopefully he can have an amazing last few months with us on his return from the Afcon, he and we deserve it.

13 minutes ago, Moo said:

I'll be shocked if he doesn't leave in the summer.  We might even get more for him than we would have last summer as I think the Saudi's will want him to be their statement signing next time round.  Hopefully he can have an amazing last few months with us on his return from the Afcon, he and we deserve it.

I agree , I think he will go . Some of this talk of contract extensions may in part be designed to push up the price .

21 minutes ago, Moo said:

i think it could go either way - but i would be surprised if he stays and doesn't sign a new contract. i think looking at some of his ex-teammates effectively playing in a seniors league, extending their retirement, i think he will be thinking he can do that a bit further down the line. of course it is also questionable just how serious this saudi project will remain now they have won the WC. Qatar got bored with PSG pretty much as soon as the WC was finished. 

2 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I think Mo’s too serious a player/person to consider Saudi at this point in his career. He still has 3-4 years at the very top.

it seemed pretty clear he had considered it last summer and basically left it to the club to decide. fortunately, it was late in the window, so we held on.