You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2024

Germany are the most interesting team because they went from disaster to potential favourite very quickly. Plus, the home advantage. I think they might win it. The Leverkusen factor is big where they have some important players from the dominant team of the club season.

England and France are in the same boat for me where they are so strong in some areas but there might be some decisive weak spots as well. France calling up Kante is one of those desperate, telling moves. For England, are you really relying on Maguire and then the midfield spot next to Rice is very questionable.

Spain, Italy, Portugal and the Netherlands are all unpredictable and there's always some random country that goes unexpectedly far as well.

Anyone but England.

Once they go out is when I can really put my feet up and enjoy the tournament so the earlier the better.

Not fussed who wins otherwise but usually I do like a good underdog story, so Albania or Georgia for that sole reason.

• Upvote 1

I’ve got a feeling England will win it. Rice, Bellingham, Foden at the top of their game at the minute. Well Bellingham and Foden will only get better. Kane’s a guarantee of goals. Then you’ve got Palmer.  If they play Trent next to Rice then I think they’ll win it.

Left back and the centre half position next to Stones is clearly a weakness as well as the fucking pancake in goal. Maguire and Dunk in that squad is hilarious. 

From the World Cup, Jude was the only 1 really who carried over his club form onto the international stage.....the rest were very much upstaged. Can't think when Foden has ever performed for England and Rice has been average at best (probably not helped by Boregate's negative tactics).

For me they just don't have the set up behind the players to win anything & even then I don't think the players are as good as some like to make out. The back 5 is a complete shambles. Wouldn't have it in the top 10.

Apart from Ingerlund not winning it - them winning it would be fucking unbearable, I couldn't give a toss.

International football is dogshite.

Hopefully all LFC players come back as soon as possible and without injury.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

International football is dogshite

I half agree.

Qualifiers for sure and most definitely pointless friendlies but the last 24/32 of the 2 big tournaments are the pinnacle of our sport. It's the only platform where we can watch all the biggest names and our favourite players from around the globe perform on 1 stage without the need of a subscription.

Also find the refereeing is a breath of a fresh air to what we're accustomed to, remember when we had referee's with balls? Me neither. Plus the atmospheres are a great deal tolerable i.e not having to listen to constant bullshit chants mocking the other team.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Apart from Ingerlund not winning it - them winning it would be fucking unbearable, I couldn't give a toss.

International football is dogshite.

Hopefully all LFC players come back as soon as possible and without injury.

The friendlies and made up tournaments like the Nations League are dogshite. 

If you don't like the Euros or World Cup, though, you're simply a malcontent.

To be fair some of the sides are looking in better shape than recent years, Germany and the Dutch in particular. Them plus England and France for the semis would be my bet

2 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Wales to win it and Rashford for the golden boot are my predictions. 

Henderson, player of the tournament then?

If England supporters weren’t such fucking bellends I’d probably say yeah go on win it. And play Pet Shop Boys songs and Fat Les. Part of me always does want them to win in the big tournaments but then I remind myself that I’m supporting the same team as some of the vilest cunts known to man and call me a try-hard but that doesn’t sit right with my fragile Irish romantic long haired Widnes flamingo heart.