You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea Away - 29/12/2013

Xherdan

Hardly hailing Webb is he?

Liverpool boss Rodgers on Samuel Eto'o's challenge on Jordan Henderson: "Eto'o was very fortunate to be on the pitch. The challenge was a poor challenge. I know we scored from it, but he was nowhere near the ball."

Rodgers on late penalty appeal against Eto'o: "You've seen them given and Eto'o was not even looking at the ball. He's been streetwise and cute and was looking to block Luis. If he's intentionally blocking our man it's a penalty is it not? But Howard Webb was on the spot and we have to accept it and move on."

No, you're right, I just dreamed the interview I watched and listened to with my very eyes and ears.

• Upvote 1

Also worth bearing in mind that Mourinho's home records is ridiculous and City have won every home game in the league this season. Our top 4 destiny isn't going to be decided by our games there.

Correct. Although I wish we'd been able to show a little more balls because I reckon if we'd gotten more positive results in these games we could've been aiming even higher than fourth.

Regarding Webb, he's a homer and always will be. He's one of those refs who doesn't like upsetting the crowd and won't give a penalty to the away team unless the player's literally had his leg hacked off. It happens, if we'd only shown a bit more bottle we wouldn't have needed the penalty.

For me when Sturridge is fit again he has to play through the middle because he is the only presence there, as prolific as Suarez is he drops deep, he pulls wide, it means the likes of Coutinho have a much harder job of playing him in.

Suarez was on his own today. Most of the time against four or five Chelsea players. It's a tactical problem i.e. the lack of support rather than the individual.

"We need 4 players, Rodgers' tactics, Johnson pack your stuff, Lucas you are shite..."

typical shite from the sky generation.

FA is deeply corrupt and so is your entire country.

We need more than 4 to be fair, and GJ has been shite, Lucas? not too sure as he needs to buck himself up a lot more.

Sky generation? was sky going in 74? thats when I started as a red.

If you dont like the country, then fuck off and follow a team from your own.

FA, totally agree, bit like FIFA but here.

Today was shite, subbing was shite, bench is shite, we deserve better.

• Upvote 1

We've probably got the worst game with which to rebound from these 2 reverses. It's got 1-1 written all over it. A Steve Bruce-managed team at Anfield early in the new year, doing fuck all for 85 minutes, riding their luck and then scuffing a goal in with their only effort on goal, never mind on target. I hope it goes more like our home form in recent games instead.

We've probably got the worst game with which to rebound from these 2 reverses. It's got 1-1 written all over it. A Steve Bruce-managed team at Anfield early in the new year, doing fuck all for 85 minutes, riding their luck and then scuffing a goal in with their only effort on goal, never mind on target. I hope it goes more like our home form in recent games instead.

But...but...you do realise they've got Tom Huddlestone, don't you? 

• Upvote 1

Havent they just won 6-0 or something too? Sigh.

Yep, would be quite typical of us to fuck that up.